Two JDubs just knocked on my door !

by Phizzy 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The exclamation mark in the Title above is because I was surprised, as I know that I am a "do not call", but this was what I presume were now two Elders,(I have not been told their present Status), so they reckon they are equipped to handle me, LOL

It was a friendly chat, as I knew the guys for decades.

During the course of our chat I was able to lead them towards JWFacts.com, I did this by a circuitous route which I will not bore you with, but right at the end I said that Bro Russell had said no matter what the source of truth was, it was still truth.

I am hoping they do not fear going to the Site, I also pointed out that Paul Grundy says if anything is wrong on his Site, e-mail him and he will correct it.

I did get a couple of digs in, said the GB were now like Rock Stars, one guy said "I don't think they would like you calling them that", so I said " O.K, TV Evangelists then". He had no reply to that barb !

I also told them about the Australian Royal Commission Inquiry into child abuse, and said they can read the whole Transcript or watch Video sections, I told them that a GB member was on the stand.

I am hoping they will seek further info. on-line, and be helped toward waking up, I don't hold out much hope, but both chaps were converts, rather than born-in, which may make them more ready to investigate, who knows.

We parted amicably, which is good I think.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Well done, Phuzzy.

You never know what they'll do with the information. I'll wager they won't dare to discuss any doubts with each other.

"I don't think they would like you calling them that",

That's okay, I don't like being called a 'mentally diseased apostate,' by those blokes.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Very interesting experience PHIZZY.

Looks like you even got a new fan!

• cofty
    cofty

Well done Phizzy. I wish my erstwhile elder colleagues would call on me I would love a chat.

Who is this Mark Z guy that is posting incoherent rants all over the place?

Random use of UPPERCASE is always a sure sign of a nutter.

• jhine
    jhine

OK Punky and Stan , let's see what Mark comes back with !

Jan

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    jhine9 minutes agoOK Punky and Stan , let's see what Mark comes back with !
    Jan

Probably something in lower case and CApiTaLS.....if indeed, anything

• carla
    carla

ignoring the juvenile ......

If you would rather they didn't show up even after being a do not call I suggest you write NY and ask them if they would please honor the do not call! Yeah I know, it will get them in trouble but..... it might show jw's like our new friend Mark that it is indeed a cult when these two are marked for disobeying orders. There will be repercussions from knocking on a do not call door, I know this from personal experience.

If they are diehard jw's they must be willing to walk the line, that includes taking the punishment. After all, it is only done out of love right? when the cong has to treat them like shit for a reason they will never know, they can feel the love of the society in which they live.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Another person I know that's DA/DF'd has been contacted by the elders recently....and frequently too.

Is there a drive to 'reactivate(tm)' ex JWs? I know the elders are supposed to do this from time to time, but, is the corporation pushing this to get money?

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Is there a drive to 'reactivate(tm)' ex JWs? I know the elders are supposed to do this from time to time, but, is the corporation pushing this to get money?

I don't know how normal this is but the letter about the memorial included instructions for the elders to visit every DFed one in their territory (and the letter to be read encouraged normal JWs to invite inactive ones) to push them to attend. There's been several signs like this that they've taken notice of stagnant numbers and are trying lots of things to get them moving up again. I think they're realizing that the public at large doesn't have much interest in joining their cult so they're hoping to find the ones that left but haven't completely cleared out the indoctrination. Considering there's probably as many exJWs out there as active JWs, it probably appears to their delusional eyes as a field ripe for harvest.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    OEJ - A letter about memorial attendance, you say?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit