2018 Annual Meeting

by EyesOpenHeartBroken 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EyesOpenHeartBroken
    EyesOpenHeartBroken

Does anybody have any word on the 2018 Annual Meeting?

I assume something new will be rolled out, since they are having all the congregations do special weekend streaming.

My guess is that there will be some major "new light" concerning the memorial, partaking, anointed, etc. I would guess that they will say all baptized believers should partake. I think the main obstacle to this change would be all the underage baptized people who would be illegally served alcohol at the Kingdom Hall.

Just my two cents...

Now discuss among yourselves...😃

• John Davis
    John Davis

They are tying everyone in because it is a combination of the annual meeting and the dedication of Warwick and the expansion and Wallkill.

• sir82
    sir82

I fully expect it to every bit as "special" as every other "special" meeting they've ever had, which is to say, a nothingburger.

I saw a rumor that they might release the Spanish translation of the NWT.

So maybe a nothingburger with Tabasco.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Nothing new.

G.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

a waste of 3 hours. The only positive is maybe ToMo or Herd will say something outrageous and everyone there is spared the horrible local speaker for one weekend.

• EyesOpenHeartBroken
  • ttdtt
    ttdtt

No doubt it will be the most important event of your spiritual life.

Evidently, you will be talking about being there when you are in the New System and Noah and David will be green with envy (then they will be killed for thinking bad thoughts).

It is a NEVER TO BE REPEATED event!

Could it be the LAST Anual meeting? It COULD! It COULD!

• sir82
    sir82

You forgot "historic"!

It will be the most historic meeting ever!

In the 100-year reign, we'll be writing and singing about this very meeting!

When Noah gets resurrected, he won't want to tell you about the flood...he'll want to know what was it like to really be there at the 2017 annual meeting?!?!?!?

• waton
    waton

Could it be the LAST Anual meeting? It COULD! It COULD!

It will be the referred to as the last one, once it is over!

• steve2
    steve2

Given very recent talks and literature on memorial partakers, I expect business as usual regarding that doctrine. No change at all forecast.

Remember when the annual meeting was approaching a few years back and there was fever-pitch speculation on this and other sites that the GB would roll out a new understanding of 1914? Zilch. Business as usual.

Sure, the ardent JW flies still buzz madly around the sugar bowl - but they're really only interested in empty calories - nothing too major - or healthy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit