As A Former JW Are You Patriotic At All?

by minimus 34 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Wildelover. Glad you did!👍

• Dagney
    Dagney

Yes I am. I think this is am amazing country. We are still the wild wild west, it's all over the place. But what the founding fathers tried to do in creating this government and Constitution is amazing to me.

Even when I was a JW I was sappy over USA. It's just in me. I am not thrilled about a lot going on right now, and I may retire in a different country, but over all I love my state and country.

• Biahi
    Biahi

I am a proud, patriotic American. I vote and pay taxes, and proudly recite the pledge of allegiance each month at my union meeting. I also contact my congressman when I want to have my say.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Does buying Donald Trump toilet paper qualify me as a patriot?

Rub a Dub

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
    APieceOfShitNamedTate

YES:

God Bless America (and the UK)

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

APOSNT,

I think you just hijacked this post.

I`ve now lost my train of thought

Oh yeah ,

I don`t know about being patriotic so much ,however I am so glad I was born here in Australia and not some shithole overseas.

And I do appreciate and have respect for those who have fought and died including our allies in wars that have kept us as a free nation.

I`m retired now but I always paid my taxes and since leaving the Borg have always voted ,and have served on the jury ,and volunteered in the community .

And I am also now an organ donor , ( if they can find any organs good enough for use LOL)

I wonder if their is any use for pickled kidneys ?

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

Some folk confuse patriotism with Nationalism. Patriotism, as we all know, is about having a special regard for our country and countrymen, our very extended family. It's innate.

• keinlezard
    keinlezard

Hello,

As french , I love my country ... the french Spirit I found in Albert Camus, Saint exupéry, Romain Gary, Raimbaud,

Verlaine ... I love the people too ...

But I love european project ... first time in human history that many countries try to collaborate without a War !

Oh , yes we have 1870, 1914 , 1939 ... but the European Community came after that.

but we've got Goethe, Oscar Wilde , Gogol, Tolstoi ...

Is Eurpean project perfect ? I think "no"

But, it's a great project.

As human , I love Africa, America, Asia ...

I was born , I live , I will dead ... what I really want for Children ?

Trump, Le Pen , Bolsonaro, Irak , Iran .... ben laden, Monsanto , Bayer Servier ?

Or something else ?

A clue , maybe they think acting for the best ... but, I don't think that is the truth ..

Best Regards

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Although I think blindly loving your country is foolish, I am quietly patriotic. I don't bother having an England flag or Union Jack hanging from my window.

There are too many 'activists' who hate western countries. I will always oppose these politically-retarded people.

Western countries, technology and culture are all great, probably the best in the world. (If it wasn't, you wouldn't get immigrants risking death to get here - see the Salvadoran father and daughter who drowned in Rio Grande; the frozen Kenyan guy who tried to stow away in an airplane's landing gear and dropped 35 thousand feet onto some guy's back garden in Kent, etc. etc.)

In fact, I'd say that western culture/technology is the 8th wonder of the world.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I was born in the U.K, in England, I love the geographical U.K. I am not proud of U.K History, right down the the present day, The U.k (Briton in the Past) have done,and still do some dreadful things.

I think the silliest forms of Patriotism are the " My Country right or wrong attitude" along with the " I would die for my Country" thinking.

I would fight to defend the people of this Country from an enemy that is a real threat, maybe the fighting I would do would stop short of bearing Arms, I would decide at the time, but this lovely Country, full of lovely people from many backgrounds and cultures, is my Home.

So, I do not consider myself a Patriot, but rather, a thinking, responsible Citizen of this Land, who appreciates it for what it really is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit