So now the JW's are setting up carts/stands in our national and public parks!

by StoneWall 15 Replies latest social current

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

The ironic thing is, they're sitting next to a sign that prohibits littering. All I see is a big pile of garbage set up for display.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

StoneWall: Thought I'd share this article I was sent today. It's getting to where you can't go and take a leisurely stroll or hike without being bombarded with the stufff we want to get away from.

thanks for posting this with the link - I was hoping somebody would be when I first saw it myself because...

what's interesting is that the National Parks have what they call "Designated First Amendment Sites"

And the Blue Ridge appears to have 14 of these disignated sites:

https://www.nps.gov/blri/planyourvisit/first-amendment.htm

Seems a bit strange, but I suppose it depends on how much you support (or not) the First Amendment.

• tiki
    tiki

Whatever the legality it is in poor taste and most inappropriate imho.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I'm not surprised at this.

I remember years ago there was a "Moonie" at one of those parks. I spoke to him just out of curiosity. I'm not surprised that JWs would do this. They might think they can appeal to people's love of nature, etc. and use that as a lead-in to a conversation about "paradise earth".

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

Two additional thoughts after reading the article (after the immense sense of relief that I'm out!) It seems that jws are on an "annoying" campaign to hasten the onset of Armageddon, and, Hey! Good News! Sisters can now wear slacks in the Ministry,

• Heartsafire
    Heartsafire

Stonewall and crazy guy, sorry for the downvote. Fat thumbs scrolling...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit