Unwritten, congregational 'rules'

by Thetruthhurts 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Some sisters organized an 80s party where everyone were supposed to dress up as in the 80s. A brother complained that is was the same as a masquerade ball, which the WT frowns upon. Result: half of the people didn't show up to the party and the majority who did were dressed normally.

That was among the stupidest things I've seen and heard.

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

StephaneLaliberte

Doctor Who: She was also publicly reproved 2 weeks later.

I hope the Circuit Overseer heard about this and was more balanced. Even by JWs standards, this is crazy.

The CO at the time was Mr. by the book. He was clamping down on all 'Congregation Picnics' at the time. It used to be that in the summer you could find a picnic being held by a local congregation every Saturday afternoon. It was kind of nice. Now, years later....there might be 1 or 2 you hear of in this area. That CO single handily virtually eliminated the picnics.
  • StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    That CO single handily virtually eliminated the picnics.

That is crazy! Some of best memories I have as a kid were those congregation picnics where we'd play baseball. Even the watchtowers are full of pictures of "brothers and sisters" out in different parks here and there.

What the heck was wrong with that area? That is seriously messed up.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Personally, I suspect that a ton of these "prohibitions" had to do with young people and their sex drives.

I worked out much later - from remembering all the "local needs" talks - that a lot of JW teenagers must have been falling into each others' pants way more often than I'd ever thought...

...and the Org was becoming increasingly embarrassed and desperate to leash it.

Which is like trying to turn a cat vegetarian, IMO. :smirk:

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    that a lot of JW teenagers must have been falling into each others' pants way more often than I'd ever thought...

What about the older body of odours too ! I know of one in our cong who would deliberately go kissing n hugging all the sisters and they seriously avoided him at all costs.It was not a normal kissing ,hugging either.

Another odour used to stand right behind two sisters busy chatting so that as soon as one would turn, she would literally be like in his arms! he made a beeline for sisters talking to each other always.

So not just the young ones to blame here. Seriously though such perverts.

Zing

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Well, I was actually talking about normal young people "giving in" to normal sexuality.

(Not that the Org's repressive policies don't foster deviant behavior, because holy shit how could they not?)

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

@Vidiot, I was not taking a go at you. Just sharing that older ones too are sexually represed or plain and simple pervs.

Zing

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

RUB A DUB:

The reason for the ‘no frontal hugs’ is because it is a way for nervy guys to feel a woman’s breasts against their body (accidentally on purpose) with a too-tight squeeze.🙄 So, I can understand why somebody said something about this.

Other things mentioned here (congregation picnics, etc.) are not necessarily bad in and of themselves but may have caused a problem here and there - so the religion gave them the thumbs down!

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    LongHairGal: The reason for the ‘no frontal hugs’ is because it is a way for nervy guys to feel a woman’s breasts against their body

I can attest that this is true. I had to take a brother aside to tell him to leave my wife alone or we'd both land in a judicial committee: Him for uncleanness and me for excessive violence.

He never touched her again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit