When you were an active WT door knocker... How did you knock?

by LoisLane looking for Superman 28 Replies latest jw friends

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

On the door frame, on the door, door knocker, bell.

Loud, very loud, regular, soft... gentle... or just pretended and never knocked at all?

We just had a City worker come a knocking on our front door and my responce after she left was, she should go down to the local kingdom haul and give lessons. Her knock was so loud, she could raise the dead. lol She must have hurt her hand/ knuckle. It really was loud.

I wanted a friendly response... So I usually gave a happy tap tap tap tap tap... tap tap.

In all my years in, I only had one guy threaten me with a gun... And I never even made it to his porch!

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

On the door with a regular knock. I didn't want them getting mad at me. Door knockers were intended for thick solid wood doors which made little sound from regular knocking.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Sorry, that was somebody else's typo.

• baker
  • pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Depending on who I was working with I'd just pretend to knock or pretend I was pressing the doorbell. Pretty awkward if they came to the door to ask why you're standing there though.

Othertimes I would knock as light as possible that only bats could hear it.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I used to use a coin to knock on the doors ,that way you didnt have to knock very hard

I reasoned if I had to go through the stress of going out and the effort to do so I may as well talk to as many people as I could.

At the same time relieved if no one answered the door.

I think I had a problem

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They actually wanted me to bang, very hard, on the beam around the door and would not let me get away with anything less for a while when I started out. I preferred using the doorbell instead--that is what those things are for. Yet, they insisted that doorbells were usually out of order--of course, they also direct the message to specific units instead of the whole building.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Hi Lois: Working with the CO. I worked nights (off 7am) so I would rush home because my day to work with the CO. So we walk up to a house of one of my co-workers that also worked nights, I told the CO the guys is probably sleeping he works the night shift. This CO turned to me and said,"what's more important, sleep or Jehovahs word.He banged on the door like the police. The guy finally came to the door in his pajamas, I never heard the last of that on the job.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

In my country JW simply ring the door bell, and so did I.

At one time (when I was quite young) we were out in a rural area. One doorbell didn't just ring, it played beautiful music! Nobody answered, so we rang again to make sure they heard. Another song played! Since there wasn't anybody home anyway, we decided to find out how many different songs that bell would play.

After seven different songs a very much NOT amused home owner finally answered the door asking WHAT THE F#*K ARE YOU DOING!!!?!!!

Oops :-D

But why do USA JW knock even when there is a doorbell? Why not use that thing?

• Landy
    Landy

Quietly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit