Who can you trust to admit you have doubts?

by MrMonroe 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

A friend of mine, who is very concerned about Cruz running for the presidency and the theocracy he would wish to start, sent me this interview of Margaret Atwood. I was watching it and holy schlamozzle!! Had to come here and see if there had been any discussion of this book The Handmaid's Tale. As the OP said, it's impossible not to think of the JW's when hearing from Margaret Atwood. What a brilliant lady. I know what I'm reading next!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VMrz_ivl8jo

• cha ching
    cha ching

Thx FayeDunaway! Very interesting what she had to say.... pretty scary to realize the patterns in history, and as Margaret pointed out "how fast it can happen".....

If you are going to be the Only True Religlion, you need to 'get rid of your opposers,' and..... essentially, kill them..... or DF them... Right?

Sounds very familiar.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Thanks cha! Coincidentally, I just saw that Faye Dunaway starred in the 1990 movie Handmaid's Tale. I never saw the movie, it was rated R. (Ha.)
  • cha ching
    cha ching
    Haha! Fayed! Of all things, what a coincidence! I shall have to watch the movie! Nowadays, I never ever think to ask.... "What is it rated?" Yay!!!
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp
    I trust my spouse. That's it. NO ONE ELSE! Share NOTHING with NO ONE! Trust is not my strong suit.
  • blondie
    blondie

Just look in mirror when you are alone...sometimes the only time I can have an intelligent conversation is to talk to myself ()

I found when a jw that people were more worried what people in the Borg would learn about them than God, and they said they believed in God.

The book of Ezekiel says this about the Jews in their false worship at the temple...did God see or what?

(Ezekiel 8:12) . . .And he proceeded to say to me: “Have you seen, O son of man, what the elderly ones of the house of Israel are doing in the darkness, each one in the inner rooms of his showpiece? For they are saying, ‘Jehovah is not seeing us. Jehovah has left the land.’”

• MarkofCane
    MarkofCane
    When it come's to doubts and questioning WT dogma I speak to no one, not even my wife...hardly just turn to an argument. I know the facts so there no reason to argue or debate. I come here and spout off to the forum members which i'm grateful for having. In my day to day activities I never mention GOD or religion, nor do I bring up politics. No point, always seams to leave a bad taste in my mouth when it over.
  • Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Do not trust anyone in JW land. No one!

Trust your pillow, if you are sleeping alone that is.

DY

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe
    Very interesting video clip and great thread!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit