Do You Know Any “Gay” Jehovah’s Witnesses?

by minimus 86 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yes there were 4 gay men/teenagers and one lesbian in my old Hall.

They all left the Borg eventually.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Since it is forbidden to act on such desires you only know for sure when they tell you or are DF'd and hanging around other gays. Of course I suspected a few people of such leanings but as has been said, that isn't proof. Don't forget, if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck.....

• Cimarrona
    Cimarrona

I had a friend growing up who was DF'd at least three times, but for whatever reason, kept coming back to be abused and told he was disgusting and that all sex outside of vaginal intercourse in a heterosexual marriage was unacceptable to invisible sky daddy. Last I heard, he moved away cause he couldn't deal with everyone knowing that he "used to be" gay (and treating him according to the homophobia the religion encourages). But remains a dub

Also, there was an older pioneer brother who was very effeminate. Always out in service any time you see him. He was a friend of my parents. An elder. Married with a daughter. But after reading someone else's comments about coaching I just realized that I'd never seen him give a public talk or a talk at the convention oddly enough. When he died years ago, he had the most well-attended funeral I'd ever been to. And when my father (he conducted the funeral) asked that those whom he'd converted raise their hands, literally hundreds of people raised their hands. I wonder if his zealousness was a result of guilt/shame.

Also, I want to acknowledge that being effeminate is not actually evidence of one's sexuality. Which is both to say - just cause a man is effeminate doesn't mean he is sexually or romantically attracted to men and just cause a man is masculine doesn't mean he isn't sexually or romantically attracted to men

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I personally knew 3 gay men and one lesbian. All have been DFed. All (except the lesbian) It came as no surprise to me that they were gay. I could probably count that number again (plus a bit more)who I heard they had left or DFed for been gay. On top of that there would be few I could speculate certainly have leanings towards that, although they are still practicing JWs. Yes gayness is certainly alive and well in JW world. Is its occurrence any more or less than the general populatio? Who knows?

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

why is it anybody else's business if a person is left handed ?

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

I have, both practising and latent.

The practising one was the recipient of much action by Judical Committee.

The other two were a former lesbian couple, probably no longer practising, but who still lived together and exhibited much of the signs of their "former way of life." Those, however, would almost fill a book all on their own, and I don't intend to start now!

• jochie
    jochie

I am gay, so cergtainly I knew someone who was gay, when I was still in ;)
    I left 11 years ago.

I know some others who were gay and are ex-Jw's

I also know someone who is inactive but is gay.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Because one left handed son of bitch will ruin EVERY get well card they touch! Round em all up and shoot them all.

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

Many some from my own family.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Minimus, why did you put gay in “scare quotes” in the OP thread title?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit