Bible Versus Quran Experiment - Genius!

by cofty 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Here are some differences though....

Most "Christian" faiths teach that the old testament commands are no longer to be followed and are more of a history lesson. So no cutting off of hands, etc. Also to my knowledge no Chrisitian religions are killing each other over the correct interpretation of Christianity. Differences with new and old testament.

Islam however has nothing that I know of that cancels out it's harsh punishments and treatment.

• cofty
    cofty
    Most "Christian" faiths teach that the old testament commands are no longer to be followed and are more of a history lesson.

That doesn't work.

The god who ordered these barbarities was "the god and father of Jesus christ".

However it is to be hoped Islam can achieve the same sort of benevolent hypocrisy as most christians.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Monotheism

No church required

Jesus respected not worshipped

I love the ideals of most of what jesus taught though I thought much of the nt was not jesus.I tried atheism and didnt ever buy it. So im a believer thst thinks jesus mattered, but couldnt worship him. Didnt sccept bible as completely inspired. Islam makes sense, even if some muslims are f'd up.

I dont call jws, christians or atheists idiots. I dont accept that from them either. I will pick on stupid actions by anyone and I have publcly cricized ectremism and isis actions, but a perfectly nice person does not get belittled by me and you have all known me long enough to know that is and has been true of me for all of our acquintance. I have been here a long time.

• cofty
    cofty
    I tried atheism and didnt ever buy it

How do you "try atheism" exactly?

I'm interested in how you chose to join Islam. Was it to please a partner?

Islam makes sense

Mo ascending to heaven on a winged horse? Everybody who finds that ridiculous burns in hell? Annoying wives should be beaten? Your prophet was a child rapist!

How does that make sense?

• cofty
  • galaxie
    galaxie
    Hey Cofty ..the video has just been highlighted on radio Scotland with details of how to access it!! cheers!
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@JWdaughter

You haven't said why some Muslims shun you.

Please respond.

Thank you.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

EndOfMysteries - "Most 'Christian' faiths teach that the old testament commands are no longer to be followed and are more of a history lesson."

Except, of course, the parts they like.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.-Voltaire
    Religion is a leftover virus on mankind from a bygone era. Especially the blood soaked history of the Abrahamic religions. I think Christianity is mostly dying a slow death of apathy, another thing this video shows is that "christian" types are far to lazy and apathetic to even know what atrocities are in their own book. That's good because hopefully they wont act, but bad because many wont wake up to the fact that the bible is heep of rubbish. They just keep one on the shelf.
    My waking up was rooted in actually reading that damn book, my conscience and the Desert god's (YHWH, Jehovah Allah whatever you call the monster) did not Allign.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit