Crazy WT stories

by scruffmcbuff 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff

You know the ones.

Dennis was offered £5 by cool kids smoking pot and fornicating. He turned it down and went to read the WT as he turned the page. What did he see?a £5 note. The EXACT amount needed to save his family home.

We all know them.

Does anyone remember the diamond theif one? Where the guy robbed the diamond store and hid in a basement eventually handed himself in because he could hear the occupants studying with J Dubs?

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

I heard one at the first assembly I attended that some girl's classmates waited until the teacher stepped out and pulled out a Ouija board and tried to get the girl (Sheila maybe?) to play with it, but she didn't and she was glad because later they appeared 'demonized.'

Oh and then a CO said a lesbian 'stalked' a Sister in their territory.

Yep, totally believable.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

What about the assembly experience I heard where there was a burglar in a "sisters" house and when she came home, he hid under her bed. The "sister"went to bed and read from her bible and prayed out loud before going to sleep. Once she was asleep the burglar came out from under the bed and stole her bible and some publications. A few years later the burglar came up to the "sister" at an assembly and told her what he'd done, returned her bible said that now he was a baptized JW himself.

Of course there was thunderous applause and many tears shed by the assembly audience but it was moments like this this that I used to think that there was something wrong and or wicked about me because I was always skeptical and had lots of questions that needed to be answered before I'd begin to believe such a far fetched story.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

9Yeah that is absurd, he broke into her house and stole a Bible? You can get one got a buck at Dollar Tree.

Nothing wicked about you. We call that intelligence my friend :P

• Disassociated Lady 2
    Disassociated Lady 2

Has anyone heard the one about a JW in prison? Apparently a prison officer who was well known for beating up the prisoners put the JW in solitary confinement. As this brother was alone, he found a pen in his pocket and wrote the name JEHOVAH on the floor. He then continued to polish it with the arm of his shirt and the letters of the name appeared luminous in the darkness. The prison officer then returned to give the JW a beating, slipped upon the shiny floor where the luminous name of God appeared inches from his face. He ran out of the cell in fright and later became a JW himself hehe! :-D xx

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

There was one published about a man in one of the african countries. He had taken publications for years but never read them - only taking them to make them go away. He put them in a bag next to the front door and forgot about them. One day there were rebels taking over the area, so he fled in the night, only grabbing a bag of money and documents and tried to escape. He was on a bus that was stopped at one of the rebel checkpoints. People were being killed and he was sure he was going to because he had money in his bag. To his surprise, he found that he had grabbed the bag of JW magazines instead of the money bag. Of course, nothing happened to him because they assumed he was a JW. He figured God had saved him so he became a JW.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

And then their was the rapist who called on a sisters house ? with the intent of raping her because he saw two burly guys standing beside her he desisted ,she was a lone sister in the house .Obviously the Angels protected her .

Paraphrased experience .

• scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff

I dont know why i started this thread. All its done is make me cringe because i used to believe every single one of these crazy stories!

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Speaking snakes in Africa, high ranking nazi’s became JW, blood in Dutch children ice cream, society has own satelite are some stories I remember.

G.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog
    he saw two burly guys standing beside her

This has been told and retold by many, not just JWs. The details of course always change.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/alley-oops/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit