Did Anyone Have Fun With Their Field Service Reports?

by NotFormer 14 Replies latest jw friends

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Now that there is new light on reporting hours in field service, it's raised a few questions for me, who was never in the JWs. Did any of you ever have fun with the field service report slips, by finding creative ways of reporting time without raising suspicions in those who oversaw the collection of those slips?

Also, can anyone upload an image of what the slips looked like, or point me to a post that gives uploaded examples of the sort of paperwork that was familiar to JWs in good standing?

• moley
    moley

When I was in, I used to attend witnessing on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons and usually being the only brother present I took the lead and would assign the sisters partners if they didn’t have one and also assign them territory and I would tell them I had return visits to do and I would fuck off home or do something more interesting. That would account for about 4 hours a week. Very occasionally an elder or ms would join the group and I had to be more creative about skipping and sometimes have to do the dirty deed of witnessing

• Atlantis
  • NotFormer
    NotFormer

Thanks Atlantis. It's a fairly generic form. I was hoping it might lend itself to creative input from the larrikin PIMO types that must have been wishing for ways to make fools of the GB. I can't see much you can do with this in that vein. Did any PIMOs figure out ways to do it?

moley: was that the main way you maintained your sanity?

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

That's like asking "Did you ever have fun at your proctologist appointments?"

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Meanmrmustard, I remember people saying that when they were out in field service, they would pick out what houses they would occupy when the owners were slain at Armageddon. That could have passed for "fun" in Dubdom.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Turn the field service reports at the beginning of the month with the numbers already filled in.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@Notformer:

That absolutely happened. I heard it first hand in car groups. The previous owners may have to be removed and thrown onto the streets for the birds to eat before the new owner could get in there to switch out the drapes (not my words). Then everyone in the car would drive to Dunkin Donuts for a "break".

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I never heard that kind of talk, but I grew up in a pretty bad area. The fanciest homes were the decrepit rowhouses surrounded by low income tenements. I can imagine us talking about building on the ashes of those places, but not moving in.

As for field service, the forms were pretty vanilla. You entered numbers and no one really checked up on them. The closest we typically came to any kind of creativity was to round the hours up. You could probably double your reported time if you didn't feel guilty about it.

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.
    Turn the field service reports at the beginning of the month with the numbers already filled in.

👍🤣

Love it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit