The TOP 5 Most Dangerous Teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses

by park ave boy 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• park ave boy
    park ave boy

First I want to say happy new year to everyone here including you lurkers! I was able to get away with my whole family for Xmas and new years up to Maine away from everything. I mean everything and it felt great. I forgot how nice it is to "return to nature" and just enjoy life, family and friends for who they are. As you guys know, my parents were homophobic demons when they were in the JWborg and I was shunned. It is so nice to have them back! Now we are closer than ever and it feels great! Anyways, I was thinking about my life growing up as a JW and I compiled my list of the top 5 most dangerous teachings. Forgive if this has been a topic before but I couldn't find a top 5 list like this. Here is my list in order of evilness and danger. I counted at least 20 very dangerous teachings that should be enough for the AG to investigate this cult but narrowed it down to the top 5. Feel free to add or change it!

5.) Forbidding any research of biblical history, early JWborg history or anything outside of the WT library. In short, as a member of this cult, you must ask yourself why you are only allowed a sanitized version of history. The answer is that without removing the damning parts of history like Jerusalem being destroyed in 587 BCE and NOT 607 BCE, or Rutherford being a drunk, Russel being a Freemason and using pyramidology to predict dozens of "end of the world" dates, there would be zero basis for belonging to this cult. Like the Wizard of OZ said, "don't look at the man behind the curtain." Ask yourself why not. What is there to hide if it is "THE TRUTH"

4.) Forbidding of birthday celebrations, holidays, mother's day, father's day etc and participation in school activities. I know this was hard for me growing up in school. I was always the outcast, not being able to participate in the Christmas concerts like all the other kids. Hell, even the Jewish kids sang Xmas songs! But not me. Then the birthdays and every other holiday including THANKSGIVING. It creates a boundary of "us" vs "them" and we are to imply that we are better because of it and "they" are ignorant and clueless about what "god" wants. Yeah, CULT WARNING!

3.) Blood. The evidence is overwhelming that in an emergency situation, blood transfusions SAVE much more lives than it kills. Sure, in some limited situations, bloodless surgery is better for the patient because blood loss is NOT AN ISSUE. In short, I sense a major class action lawsuit coming that will knock this cult down and out and it has to do with thousands of JWborgs who have died as a result of listening to pseudo science of the 7 Fat Bastards in Brooklyn.

2.) Shunning. I know you would expect this to be number 1 on the list. (there is one even more dangerous!) Shunning is not only NOT scriptural, it has destroyed thousands of families and the sole purpose of this evil doctrine is to keep the rank and file in check. But it is beginning to backfire. I personally don't care if they change it or not. If they don't change it, the R&F will leave in increasing drips and drops, taking others with them and planting seeds of truth along the way. If they do change it, they will have 50% leave overnight. Depression, suicides and general anxiety. All because of one simple teaching, many JWborg, like myself were raised as a child in this cult. Get baptized at 12? Prepare to be shunned for your actions. You as a 12 year old should have known what you were doing! Don't get baptized at 12? Prepare to be shunned anyways by not being invited to gatherings. Let's review: It's a cult!

1.) You MUST obey the Governing body with everything, even if you don't understand why or if it makes no sense at all. Just OBEY. Do I honestly need to expound on this? I don't think so!

You have only one option:

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

It's a good list, Parkaveboy.

However, I would move the "blood doctrine" to the number one spot. The psuedo-scientific quack teaching about the benefits of suicide can be measured in real lives - tens of thousands of them, if not more.

The blood doctrine is what defines the Jehovah's Witnesses as a "death cult". More Jehovah's Witnesses die each and every year, from refusing life saving blood transfusions, than the number of people who died at Jonestown alone.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Definitely:

Blood, Shunning, Obey

I tend to agree on birthdays, holidays, celebrations. Not celebrating isn't so terrible as many holidays are Hallmark creations or full of hype, but making children feel bad about desiring some birthday cake and isolating JW's from their non-JW family at times when all are gathering is just absolutely horrible.

I would add to "Forbidding any research" - bashing all education beyond basics. They actually scoff at this and this is for their own reasons. It turns out that education is the answer to "everything." That includes figuring out that JW's are a dangerous mind-control cult.

• park ave boy
    park ave boy

Thank you Orphancrow! Really, is that so? More than Jamestown each year? I would love to see the actual numbers because that is another piece of evidence for the AG to read and add to the list. This cult needs to be dismantled from the top down. And like yesterday already.

But the reason I listed it as number 3 is because without the "you MUST obey the 7 fat bastards" then the blood transfusion doctrine would be null and void.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Agreed with Orphan Crow on Blood being number 1 however........... Protection of Pedophiles needs to be second if not number one because children are not given a choice to be abused. Absence of holidays is minor in comparison to lack of education.

• park ave boy
    park ave boy
    Like I said I listed the obey the 7 fat bastards as number one because it is the key pin to everything else. But your point is well taken. I should swap out number 4 with pedo and abuse within the Borg.
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    parkaveboy: Thank you Orphancrow! Really, is that so? More than Jamestown each year? I would love to see the actual numbers because that is another piece of evidence for the AG to read and add to the list.

There is some discussion about numbers on this thread here:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5460463630417920/document-blood-transfusion-deaths-please-help?page=2&size=10

But the reason I listed it as number 3 is because without the "you MUST obey the 7 fat bastards" then the blood transfusion doctrine would be null and void.

It is a bit of a chicken and egg conundrum isn't it? Without the draconian rules, the "must obey" is redundant.

As far as "dangerous teachings" go, the most dangerous teaching that is enforced by the "must obey" directive, is unquestionably the one that has cost the most needless deaths.

Hence, the blood doctrine. 70 years of suicidal behavior that has been called "religious belief". Supported and promoted with the WT brand of bullshit "science". Underneath it all, and covered up by all the multitude of problems that the WTS faces, the Jehovah's Witnesses are a blood cult. A death cult.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    Blood ban is way out there as No1 , joined together with the older bans on vaccinations and organ transplants they are only a call away from a Jonestown style massacre. Their protection of paedophiles comes second, I wouldn't have the ban on birthdays/xmas etc in the list at all, they are not really dangerous in the forbidding of them.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

A well complied list, well done

• TD
    TD

I'd move the blood thing to the #1 spot

Where can I find documentation for #5?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit