Watchtower Doctrines JWs most commonly don't believe

by Diogenesister 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• carla
    carla

It frustrates me no end when I tell my jw a jw doctrine and he denies it! At times he will say 'we don't all believe that' or that it may be old light blah, blah, blah..... I then tell him HE has apostate leanings if he doesn't tow the company line! as well as any so called friends that feel the same way.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

You can have a beard, but you can't.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Do many JW's still believe that man has been on the earth for just ~6000 years? There is so much evidence to show how crazy this idea is, many must have dumped Adam & Eve, even if they have not said so publically.

Also the flood and the idea that all animals were vegetarian until after the flood, only about 4500 years ago.

George

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I used to deny that only JWs will survive. It was actually an apostate on Quora.com that corrected me and pointed me to the many Watchtower articles.

Kudos to that apostate

• Londo111
    Londo111

I’m not sure if it is a matter of JWs not believing something as much as they are ignorant about their own beliefs. Much of it goes over their heads. When they are hearing it, it sounds about right, but they wouldn’t be able to explain it. Many times, it’s in one ear and out the other. There’s so much “information”, there’s no time to digest it and really think about the real import.

• sir82
    sir82

Maybe I missed it in the posts above, but I doubt anyone really believes the "overlapping generations" non-sense.

But I would say the biggest un-belief is that only JWs will survive Armageddon.

The thought that Jehovah would slaughter someone solely because they rejected a mumbled incoherent magazine presentation from a runny-nosed zit-faced bored teenager is so morally repugnant, that virtually any JW, if you press them, will end up admitting that, somehow, "Jehovah will not act unjustly" or some such tommyrot.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Smiddy They seem to reason that if the big "A" doesnt come in their lifetime they will hedge their bets by claiming to be of the annointed class and partake at the Memmorial Celebration.

Wow Smiddy I didn't think of that as an extremely plausible reason as to why then numbers of anointed are creeping up pretty fast. Of course! They are hedging their bets! They are thinking " maybe Jesus did command that we *all* do this in remembrance - it's sure not gonna hurt"

Blues Brother I contend that we on here discuss and are more aware of the revised teachings on prophecies than the congregation are.

Of that I've no doubt. Perhaps, given the wackiness of recent GB pronouncements ( over-lapping generations, mediator only for 144,000) they don't *want* to know!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Searching Even as a teen I knew being gay was never a choice...in fact I was repulsed by other JWs who tried to say otherwise. These days most younger JWs I'm sure feel that way too.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

In a seemingly previous life, I spoke to a doctor at our hospital about blood. She said that the hospital respected the decisions of adults to do what they want....but that if the person says no blood, they don't even bring it in the room. And then she said "but be absolutely certain. We can keep it as a last resort, but many times we find that people change their minds, and then leave us scrambling to try to find what we need. Remember, your medical decisions are PRIVATE."

So yeah......a lot of JW's take blood.

• sir82
    sir82

Remember, your medical decisions are PRIVATE.

So yeah......a lot of JW's take blood.

There is a lot of anecdotal evidence on this forum that that is 100% true.

In the USA at least, HIPAA liws dictate that anyone who "blabs" on a JW would be in SERIOUS trouble

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit