Randall Watters our old friend

by new boy 27 Replies latest jw friends

• new boy
    new boy

Does anyone here know his where about or have any updates on him? He hasn't been active his face book in over a year.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I hate to be the bearer of bad news.. Hate to say it.. But I think he's passed-on.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Really sad if its the case. He was one of the first names I came across on the internet when I realized WT had deliberately lied. I appreciated what he and others like him (including ones here) did to warn and encourage those of us who were still in.

I found this website dated 2018 saying he had health issues.

Randall Watters' Personal Experience: Former Jehovah's Witness - Religion - Nigeria (nairaland.com)

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I tried a google search for any obit, but didn't come up with anything. He would be about 70 now.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Yeah it was a real eye-opener wasn't it? I mean when you realize the Borg has deliberately lied.

With the airing of Barb Anderson on dateline in 2002 and stumbling across Randall Watters just a few years later.....my waking-up in around winter 2006.07. Realizing it wasn't just me,,, but a vast number of other Dubs waking-up also. That I wasn't going 'nuts', but I was just 'waking-up"

You wouldn't think ""Gods"" channel of information would be lying deliberately now would you, impossible right.

But these people who you came across,,,,true bravery and God bless their souls!!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Very sad if this turns out to be true ,he was one of the first I came across when searching for answers.

• Nostromo
    Nostromo

I was going to ask about this just a few days ago.. I hope he is still around but he did look quite ill in some recent videos that I found.

It's such a shame his website freeminds is not online anymore, there was some unique material from Bethel from 1970s that you can't find anywhere else.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I really hope he is ok! 70 isn't massively old, so hoping he's ok? Do you think maybe Rick would know how he is??🤞

I think it's an incredible shame free minds is no longer available and that no one was able to archive it.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

The Free Minds site he ran for years was one of the first places I went when I knew there was something wrong with Watchtower. I will remain ever grateful it existed.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I worry about Randy also. He contacted me about a year ago, but I was in the middle of a situation I could not respond. He was in Texas then. It's been a rough few years for him. He has family, in the midwest I think. I hope things are sorted.

Randy was the guy for a long time. He had the foresight to collect the JW information and had friends all over the world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit