Do the dubs do the songs at the Zoom Meetings?

by Iamallcool 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool
    Any takers?
  • FFGhost
    FFGhost

They do the music, but everyone is on mute (or at least they are supposed to be).Everybody just sings along at home.

It sounds really awful, due to differing bandwidth and connection speeds, to try to harmonize 60, 70, 80 devices that typically join in for a meeting. So they just mute everyone.

What's funny is to watch them sing as they are muted. Some folks really apparently get into it. I think to myself "poor neighbors..."

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Your got to be kidding me ,are you serious ? Do they really do this ?

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

They mime.

• IWant2Leave
    IWant2Leave

Yes they sing on Zoom. My family really gets into it. The music gets off when the wi-fi glitches for the brother that's hosting. This happens on a regular basis.

Witnesses are also dressing up, some to different degrees. Most brothers do coat, shirt, and tie. What's on below varies. Sisters are doing the makeup, blouse, and the hair! What's below, who knows? No one in my family puts on their shoes. I notice that more and more cameras are off one year later.

For the Zoom convention, it's full dress, minus the shoes, the badge is on. The shoes are put on when they go outside for the pictures for "The Best Convention Ever!"

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

noun: convention; plural noun: conventions

a large meeting or conference, especially of members of a political party or a particular profession.

"a convention of retail merchants"

I'm sure the past 2 years have been extolled as "the best convention ever!"

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

They sing along at home with the recording while on mute.

Speaking of dress, they had a local needs on my wife's zoom this week about the zoom meetings being formal and proper meeting attire was recommended. They also kind of came down on brother's having beards on the zoom, which being the US midwest, is seen as improper for some reason.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Singing on mute? I wonder what would happen if I were to play some Led Zeppelin music (which is real music) during this time, since it is all muted.

• St George of England
    St George of England

You should also be standing for the song, and especially the prayers. I'm too old so remain seated anyway but it's quite funny to see all the waists as the top part is cut off because very few adjust their camera accordingly.

The latest thing on our ZOOM is quite a few move to a different room or different part of the room. Show off their latest redecorating skills or picture collection. Most of the pre and post meeting chatter is about decorating or the new kitchen, conservatory etc. Really spiritual.

George

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Some of cant sing. If a mute button gets off you hear some froggy notes. Few songs are suitable for singing anyway.

That showing off decorations. I always want to put a rifle hanging on the wall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit