To those desiring to be of the anointed..

by kes152 40 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

I'm a member of the AAAA (anointed apostate atheists anonymous) class.

Seriously, I mean.

The fact is, when I began reading the New Testament as it is after many years in the WT, I had the feeling I was seeing Christianity "from inside" for the first time. All the texts I perfectly knew the WT would apply to the "anointed class" I could not help applying to myself. So, with a friend of mine who reached a similar conclusion through a very different approach, we took the bread and wine at the Memorial.

But the same experience also led us to the obvious conclusion that the whole "two-hopes" stuff was plain bullsh*t. And a few weeks later we were disfellowshipped for "apostasy".

I then made my way through Protestant churches, theological and biblical studies and came to put my "Christian" experience in a broader context. Which gradually led me to my present situation. I still love a lot of NT texts (btw I found very similar things in other spiritual traditions), but I must admit I don't believe in God anymore.

Can you figure that out?

• AGuest
    AGuest
    The definition of anointing is to consecrate with oil.

Indeed.

The anointing that you are talking about is just a mental aberration on the part of people who suffer from delusions of grandeur and religious mania.

Actually, it is an anointing with the oil "of exultation"... which "oil" is holy spirit.

You just have to look at them to see this is true.

There are some whose minds suffer such things... but not all. The true christian is not deluded by ANY thing of grandeur, for such one knows that a slave is not greater than his master. My Lord did not present himself as a grand master, to be served and ministered to, but rather, Christ made himself the SERVANT of his disciples, and minstered TO such ones. Thus, his true disciples would follow his example and ALSO become servants... of ALL others, and particularly of one another. For they would know that to take the LOWEST seat is that which will result in being exalted... and that the taking of higher seats will result in being brought down therefrom... sooner... or later. For the ultimate position is not ours to decide upon, but just as we are given, we receive. And ALL that we receive, in the way of gifts of the spirit, we receive... free. Thus, we give of such gifts... freely.

But contrary to what many who believe themselves to be "christians" think, the taking of the low seat is much more difficult than taking the other, the taking of "the seat of Moses", which many who CLAIM to be "christian" or "anointed" in fact do take. Rather than humbling themselves and presenting themselves to render SERVICE to their brothers... they seat themselves in the highest of seats, that between man and God, and then demands service from such ones. But you did not find the Christ to be so.

Thus, their perceived position is moot for there is One who already possesses "the seat of Moses," that between God and earthling man... the Son of the Most High God, whose name is JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH... who received such exalted position from His Father, the Most Holy One of Israel, whose name is JAH... of Armies. Those who attempt to seat themselves where he already sits are only fooling themselves... and those who follow them. Their's is truly an impotent and precarious position, and one where no gifts are granted. And yet, these make up the MAJORITY of those who profess to be "christian."

If you think differently show me your evidence

My first inclination is to say to you that faith doesn't need a sign. But... I won't.

I cannot speak for any others who profess an anointing with holy spirit; however, my primary gift is that mentioned at 1 Corinthians 12:10, and I am neither ashamed of it, nor do I attempt to hide it. If you would kindly review the threads and posts I have been permitted to share here, you will see then see the evidence of such, as I readily give the glory to the Son of God, the One who grants me such gift, that of discerning inspired utterances... or hearing spirits. It is not something of my own doing, for I am mere flesh and blood, in the same manner as you... and thus no better than you or anyone else. Indeed, by means of such gift, I am YOUR servant.

Now, I could simply let you and others here think that I believe I have some special "talent" of my own, and perhaps should even receive your respect and laudation as a result. But that would be a blatant lie... and blasphemy. I possess such gift ONLY by means of the spirit of God, holy spirit, which spirit has been granted me by His Son and Christ, my Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH. It is by means of the undeserved kindness granted to me through that One, that I, a sinner in the same manner as all are sinners, am able to hear things that cannot be heard with the ears of flesh. I openly acknowledge that truth... indeed, I readily confess it... before all creation. And I openly acknowledge and confess that such gift therefore makes ME the servant... and others to be served. I use my gift, then, in such service, by sharing all that I am permitted and/or directed to. Freely. Without charge. For I received free, and thus, I give free.

And true, it positions me as a target before earthling man... and wicked spirits. But truly, what can man do to me? Ridicule, yes. But such ridicule comes with a promise:

Matthew 5:11

As for the wicked spirits, there is one to whom all authority has been given, in heaven AND on earth... and he fights for me, so there is no fear of them, either.

May the undeserved kindness and mercy of my God and Father, the Most Holy One of Israel, whose name is JAH... of Armies... and the peace of His Son and Christ, my Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, be upon you... if you so wish it.

Your servant, and a slave of Christ,

SJ

• AGuest
    AGuest

may you have peace... and may I respond? Thank you!

I'm a member of the AAAA (anointed apostate atheists anonymous) class.

Hmmm....

Seriously, I mean.

Yes, I understand.

The fact is, when I began reading the New Testament as it is after many years in the WT, I had the feeling I was seeing Christianity "from inside" for the first time. All the texts I perfectly knew the WT would apply to the "anointed class" I could not help applying to myself.

You couldn't help applying them to yourself, because they were to YOU... the "holy ones AND faithful ones in union with Christ." Please, read the introduction to most of the letters. Then, read John 6:48-56... and take note of the word "anyone."

So, with a friend of mine who reached a similar conclusion through a very different approach, we took the bread and wine at the Memorial.

YESSS!!!

But the same experience also led us to the obvious conclusion that the whole "two-hopes" stuff was plain bullsh*t.

But it IS bullpucky!! Read Ephesian 4:4...

And a few weeks later we were disfellowshipped for "apostasy".

But were you not told that they would "expel you from their synagogues"? Why? Because... YOU HAD YOUR EYES OPENED!! Did not the Pharisees expel the formerly blind man in the same way... because now he could SEE?

I then made my way through Protestant churches, theological and biblical studies and came to put my "Christian" experience in a broader context. Which gradually led me to my present situation. I still love a lot of NT texts (btw I found very similar things in other spiritual traditions), but I must admit I don't believe in God anymore. Can you figure that out?

Absolutely!! You did exactly what the Adversary wanted you to do: move AWAY from God, by moving AWAY... from Christ! How so? Religions, dear one, are only FALSE LIGHTS... appearing to have "light" and "truth"... to draw YOU... a SON OF LIGHT and CHILD OF TRUTH... AWAY from the TRUE Light and Truth. (John 8:12; 14:6) And apparently, he has succeeded.

For you see, you HAVE a leader... and by means of him HOLY SPIRIT... so you do not need ANYONE to be teaching and leading you... except that One. But religion has been designed to get you to follow IT... by the one who set such institutions up... to draw you away. And, well, it appears that it has done just that!

Try this: you and God... with nothing and no one between you... but Christ.

No religion, no denomination, no books, no pastor, no church, no religion, no watchtowers, no meetings, no field service, no priest... nothing and no one... but Christ. Go to HIM... and through HIM... go to God. Speak to him... and then hear Him speak to YOU... by means of Christ. You can do it. ANYONE can do it... if... you have faith... the size of a mustard seed.

May you have ears to hear, and if not, may such ears be granted you.

Revelation 3:17

I bid you peace.

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SJ

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

I think anyone who loves Christ and lives the principles he taught and committing those teachings to the love and caring for humanity is what this calling is about. It has nothing to do with Watchtower, or any other religion with it's legalistic rules and judgements, and hypocritical leaders. The perfect example of what I am talking about is Mother Theresa. She came out of a legalistic religion but she was a humanitarian with the Christlike teachings he taught. Even her writings were simple but profound as far as the love that Christ was talking about. Her life and works spoke for what she was and I would bet she is an annointed one that was spoken about. IMO

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Seems all too simple, doesn't it?

My, oh my, anyone of any social, intellectual, or material standing could attain a personal relationship with Christ - that's far too inclusive, surely?

One flock,one shepherd - surely that doesn't allow for a class system, and how could we survive without that?

And spontaneous works demonstrate a living relationship AFTER the fact, instead of helping to work towards it?

This is ridiculous - who can bear it???

• shamus
    shamus

The Bible is boring. Just thought that I would put in my .02 cents here... that's about all it's worth, too.

Seriously, though, how can you all dwell on that crap? I mean, it's the same old stuff over and over again... barf. I have better things to do than try to decipher a man-made book that is claimed to be inspired of god.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief
    Try this: you and God... with nothing and no one between you... but Christ.

Every so often, aguest, your words (which strike my fleshly ears as ravings) hit upon the truth, and that humbles me. That Christ has reached out to all of us and taught us the simple truth, regardless of our situation, and that God has fulfilled his promise to "become all things to everyone".

Never have I heard you denounce anyone. Never have I ever read where you said anything that was not kind, tolerant and full of faith.

They say that non-Christians do not read the Bible, they read Christians.

So, despite the fact that I wonder about your "voices" and if they can really be from God, I do know that you are a child of God because of the words you say.

The Bible is boring. Just thought that I would put in my .02 cents here... that's about all it's worth, too.

Seriously, though, how can you all dwell on that crap? I mean, it's the same old stuff over and over again... barf. I have better things to do than try to decipher a man-made book that is claimed to be inspired of god.

Ah, shamus - then why are you posting on this thread? why have you read it? why do you keep coming back? something about it interests you, or you would remain exclusively on fluff threads. If the Bible inspires such an angry, dismissive reaction, it must mean something to you. If it truly seemed like "crap" to you, would you keep picking it up and playing with it?

The point is, shamus, that the Bible is NOT inspired, not in the way that we have been taught. For while it contains truth, it also contains records of attitudes and ideas that were not truth. That is why we study it, trying to assimilate the truth and separate it from the imperfection of the men who wrote it.

the ultimate truth is that God wants YOU, and nobody is to get in between you two...

CZAR

• wednesday
    wednesday

aguest,

the only problem i have with believing that we all have a hope to be with christ, is does that mean i must also believe in hellfire? I just cannot accept that, it makes no sense and no loving God would do that. we might die, but burn in hellfire, no way. Unless it is figurtive for something else, And if it is , then why wouldn't heaven be figurtive? It seems that all the religions that teach we reign in heaven with christ alos teach hellfire and the trinity.

I must admit that many a time i read those scriptures and felt moved, but then i rememberd they were not for me. Also i am still confused as to what u think about afterlife. So those who die join christ right away or await the 1000 yer reign, or is that figurtive also?

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

AGuest,

Thank you for your kind answer. I think you didn't get my last point (about atheism), but maybe you couldn't. I'll try again just once. Please don't take it bad.

Just to illustrate: suppose I had a great experience with Christmas (I mean the whole, common "pagan" stuff) when I was a boy. When I grew up I learned that "there is no Santa Claus". Perhaps I was a bit disappointed, but didn't want to appear so. Maybe for some years in my teens I looked upon Christmas as "childish". But later on, when I had children, I came to appreciate again all the Christmas "magic", and readily told Christmas stories to my kids, though not hiding that these were only "stories". Of course I cannot believe in Santa Claus again. Would you say I have "fallen away" from Christmas' spirit? I would answer "yes" and "no".

Back to Jesus: Yes, Jesus' character was and is very important to me. However, over the years, I came to learn that this "Jesus" was the result of many different things: a historical man I know very few about; a fascinating literary character made up by the Gospels; a philosophico-religious "Christ" myth I can easily retrace from many contemporary texts. I still like Jesus' character, but do not see it anymore as the absolute "truth" in the former sense.

I guess it's more difficult for you to understand me than for me to understand you. Anyway, I'm just happy that you do not "shun" me in the JWs' way.

Btw, would you tell me where you got the "Jaheshua Mischajah" spelling? I'm just curious.

• AGuest
    AGuest

(but first... Dear kes, please forgive me for this lengthy post on your thread!! The greatest of love and peace to you, dear little one!!)

Now, then...

Dearest A Roarer... peace to you!

The perfect example of what I am talking about is Mother Theresa. She came out of a legalistic religion but she was a humanitarian with the Christlike teachings he taught. Even her writings were simple but profound as far as the love that Christ was talking about. Her life and works spoke for what she was and I would bet she is an annointed one that was spoken about. IMO

Indeed, dear AR? you observe correctly, for he is not a ?Jew? (or rather, he is not ?Israel?) who is one on the OUTSIDE, but he is ?Israel?? who is one on the INSIDE. It appears that d ear Mother Theresa did indeed try to live the Law of love, that s he was a DOER? and not JUST a hearer. However, we must recognize that not ALL will manifest who they are in this way, for some remember the admonition at Matthew 6:1-4:

"Take good care not to practice your righteousness in front of men

in order to be observed by them; otherwise, you will have no reward

with your Father who is in the heavens. Hence, when YOU go making

gifts of mercy, do NOT blow a trumpet ahead of you, just as the hypo-

crites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be

glorified... by men. Truly, I say to you, they are having THEIR reward

in full. But YOU, when making gifts of mercy, do NOT let your left hand

know what your right hand is doing, that your gifts of mercy may be IN

SECRET; then, your Father who is looking on in secret will repay you."

Now, I know it might be "with you" to think that somehow I am belittle Mother Theresa and her good works. NOTHING could be further from the truth! I give you the example of the man my Lord spoke to his disciples about recorded at Luke 9:49, 50. Although that man was not one of them, my Lord told them not to stop him. Why? Because he WAS doing a good work - what did they have to fear of it?

My point, however, is that there are many who do the same work as Mother Theresa... albeit perhaps not on so large a scale and certainly not as prominent (in the media, etc.). They are not "glorified" by men, however: they receive no prize, no honor, no "sainthood." But there is good reason for this: they know that by means of NOT being greater than their Master, Christ, who did such things, they are simply "good-for-nothing-slaves"... and what they've done and do... is what they OUGHT to have done and OUGHT to do... without regard for "reward" from men. It is our OBLIGATION toward one another... under the law of LOVING one another. I bid you peace!

Seems all too simple, doesn't it?

Indeed, dear LT, which is why our Lord said that we must become AS LITTLE CHILDREN, yes? For children CAN fathom the simplest of things. It is we ?grown-ups? who have to taint everything with our own forms of ?logic?? trying to comprehend what we cannot with the flesh? because they are of the spirit. The greatest of love and peace to you, my dear brother!

The Bible is boring. It's the same old stuff over and over again.... I have better things to do than try to decipher a man-made book that is claimed to be inspired of god.

I am not sure that this discussion is about ?the Bible,? dear Shamus? which, you are correct, is a great deal of the ?same old stuff? over and over again? and which, in totality, is NOT ?inspired?. What most miss, however, is just what that ?stuff? is? and that is that it is a WITNESS... about the Christ. (John 5:39, 40) Many don?t SEE that, however, as they have become bogged down in the laws and decrees, seeing only them? and using them as a mean to burden, oppress and control their fellow man? rather than seeing them as a means to LOVE and FORGIVE their fellowman. I would say to you, then, since you have better things to do, leave off from trying to ?decipher? it. Doing such is truly another burden. Rather, seek the One about whom a good majority of it is written and let THAT One ?inspire? YOU. I bid you peace.

Dearest CZAR, may the undeserved kindness and mercy of my God and Father, the Most Holy One of Israel, whose is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and whose name is JAH? of ARMIES? and the peace of His most precious Son and Christ, my dear Lord and Master, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH? be upon you. To time indefinite.

Dearest Wednesday? no, you do not have need to believe in a ?hellfire?, for no such thing exists in the manner that is taught by earthling man? who uses such talisman to instill FEAR in his fellow man and exact a compelled obedience by means of it. If one sins against God? one must answer to God. However, it is not the ?vocation? of a TRUE Christian to go around using God as means of controlling others: Christ NEVER did so.

Rather, the OBLIGATION of a true Christian is to go RELEASING: to forgive, to love, to provide, to heal, to soothe? and to be a source of strength for those seeking a refuge, until such time as they themselves ?find? Christ? the COMPLETE refuge... who is all of these things, and can BE all of these things? to all who seek him. By means of HIM, then, one can find God. And it is by means of LOVE? that one can find Christ? and be found BY Christ. And LOVE? casts FEAR? outside. Peace t o you!

And finally, dearest Narkissos?

Thank you for your kind answer.

Again, peace to you? and you are quite welcome!

I think you didn't get my last point (about atheism), but maybe you couldn't. I'll try again just once. Please don't take it bad.

Perhaps I didn?t, but yes, please try again? and, no, of course, I certainly won?t take it bad; I perceived no bad motive or intention on your part!

Just to illustrate: suppose I had a great experience with Christmas (I mean the whole, common "pagan" stuff) when I was a boy. When I grew up I learned that "there is no Santa Claus". Perhaps I was a bit disappointed, but didn't want to appear so.

Okay. Disappointment is a part of life, however, and as we mature, we realize that MANY things we accepted as true as children? are not. The Tooth Fairy comes to mind.

Maybe for some years in my teens I looked upon Christmas as "childish".

The ?Santa? part of it, sure. And maybe even the gift exchange, excessive and gaudy lighting, corny carols, and never ending supply of socks and undies that for some reason are issued out in superabundance at that time of year. For some, even the ?religious? stuff gets to be bit? ummmm? overdone, too! So, I understand where you?re coming from (I think!)? but in truth, I don't mind it: I can take it... or leave it. Whatever "floats" someone's "boat"... you know?

But later on, when I had children, I came to appreciate again all the Christmas "magic", and readily told Christmas stories to my kids, though not hiding that these were only "stories".

Well, yes, if you want your kids to have a bit of the yearly ?magic,? sure! I?m with ya?

Of course I cannot believe in Santa Claus again. Would you say I have "fallen away" from Christmas' spirit? I would answer "yes" and "no".

Again, I hear you? you?ve rejected some of it, but not all of it? okay?
    Back to Jesus: Yes, Jesus' character was and is very important to me.

Yes?

However, over the years, I came to learn that this "Jesus" was the result of many different things: a historical man I know very few about; a fascinating literary character made up by the Gospels; a philosophico-religious "Christ" myth I can easily retrace from many contemporary texts. I still like Jesus' character, but do not see it anymore as the absolute "truth" in the former sense.

Yes. But I understood this from your last post, truly. MY point was that perhaps you feel as you do because? you truly do not KNOW HIM. True, you have heard of him, have read about him, have had discussions, debates and other interchanges about him. But your AFFECTION for him? is limited. As it would be with regard to ANYONE you don?t truly know. Yes? Dear one, it is so because all of these means that you have mentioned above? CANNOT bring you to knowing him!

Do you remember the words of those who said, ?Lord, Lord, didn?t we?? do this and do that ?in your name?? And he replied, ?I? never knew YOU?? Do you recall that? It is because such ones knew OF him? ONLY as they had been led to know by others. But they did not know HIM. For if they DID? one, he would have known THEM? and two, by this mutual relationship, they would have known that the things they THOUGHT they were doing with his approval? actually were nothing of the sort. Why? Was expelling demons wrong? Nope. Was prophesying wrong? Nope. It was because although they were doing it is his name? HE never sanctioned it because they were not doing it? OUT OF LOVE.

It was because if they had KNOWN him? not abstractly? not by means of a book? not by means of what they had been told or read? but LITERALLY? just as he said (?MY sheep listen to MY voice? and I KNOW THEM? and they follow ME?), they would have KNOWN that ANYTHING they did? absent of love? was irrelevant. Moot. For he would have TOLD them? and being his sheep they would have HEARD him? and listened and obyed.

But? they did not know him? and so ?performed many powerful works?? but not with a right and pure motive. They did it for their OWN glory? ignoring his admonition that to be the greatest one MUST be the least. True, they invoked his name? but wickedly used such invocation to gain followers and admirers of themselves and/or re-enslave those who took notice.

I guess it's more difficult for you to understand me than for me to understand you.

I would have to ask you not to make such an assumption, for truly, it is not that way at all.

Anyway, I'm just happy that you do not "shun" me in the JWs' way.

How could I do so, dear one? How could I even WANT to? It is NOT the way of the Christ, who himself actually sought out disfellowshipped ones! He shunned NO ONE? not even the scribes and Pharisees. True, he told his followers to ?look out? for such ones? look out for their ?works? and their ?leaven? (hypocrisy). But he received ALL who came to him. In fact, I wish to share with you a thing of note, which the WT fails to see over and over again:

My Lord KNEW that Judas would betray him, yes? Yet, to which one of the others did he reveal this truth? To which of the others did he say, ?Stay away from that man; he is unclean and going to betray me. You do not want to be like him so do not associate with him?? To whom did he say this? No one. Judas remained right along with the others, up until he was sent to ?do quickly? what he was going to do, even though he had revealed his true ?colors? already. And even then, my Lord did NOT tell the others what Judas was about? nor even cautioned them about him. And he CERTAINLY didn?t expel, cast out or ?disfellowship? Judas: he let that one ?judge? himself, did he not?

I was recently asked about ?bad association,? and that if we associate with people with certain ?weaknesses? aren?t we likely to assume such weaknesses ourselves? And the reply my Lord gave was, ?Did I not eat with sinners and tax collectors? Did I not touch the unclean? Were there not drunkards and prostitutes among my followers, extortioners, adulterers, liars, and more?? And the answer is yes, of course. The POINT, however, is how HE? was: he felt pity for such people so that he did not turn away from them or turn them away. He did not hide himself from them. Rather, he BEFRIENDED them and FORGAVE them and RELEASED them? and showed them how to SURPASS the Law? rather than TRESPASS it. By means of... LOVE . LOVE... covers a MULTITUDE of transgressions? and there is no "law" against love.

So, love being the ?law? that I am bound to by means of the covenant between me and God, mediated by Christ, dear Narkissos, how can I shun you? and yet say I love you? It cannot be. Love? SEEKS the lost one; it does not send away any.

Btw, would you tell me where you got the "Jaheshua Mischajah" spelling? I'm just curious.

Of course! It is the English spelling of the Hebrew. God?s name is ?JAH? (Psalm 68:4)? which is (in Hebrew) ?yodh? (which is NOT a ?y?, but a ?j?)? ?aleph? (the ?a?) and ?he? (which is the ?h?). The ?yodh?, while a ?j? is PRONOUNCED like a ?y? (think, ?hallelujah?)? and the ?he?? is silent. Thus ?hallelujah,? is TRULY pronounced ?al-lel-u-ya? - allel? or hallel meaning ?praise?: " praise you, JAH."

My Lord?s name, JAHeSHUA? means ?JAH Saves? or ?Salvation of JAH.? The actual ENGLISH spelling is ?Joshua?? and the pronunciation is ?Yah-e-shua? or ?Yah-shua? (the ?e? can be pronounced or silent, depending on how fast you say the syllables). His name is NOT ?Jesus?? which is the English translation of the Greek name ?Ieosus?, which name means ?Je (or Jah) is Zeus?. While it is true that JAH? IS ?zeus? (the Greek word for ?god?)? it is NOT true that He is ?Zeus?? the highest god of the Greek mythological beliefs.

The word ?mischa? means ?chosen? or ?anointed.? The name ?MischaJah?, pronounced ?mee-sha-yah? then, means ?chosen/anointed of JAH.? ?Mischa? in GREEK? is ?kristos?? translated in English to ?Christ.? ?MischaJAH,? in ENGLISH? is ?messiah?? (?me-si-yah? - remember that silent "h"?).

The CONFUSION is due to the renderings: a ncient Hebrew was a PHONETIC language? made up of consonants, with few vowels. That is why many have MISrendered the Tetragrammaton as ?YHWH? ? yodh, he, waw, he ? when ACTUALLY, it is JHVH: the yodh being a ?j? versus a ?y?? and the waw being a ?v? versus a ?w?. That is why Jewish people pronounce, say, ?Manischeweitz,? as MAN-I-SHEV-ITZ.

Please note, that I do not know the truth about this name from research into earthling man?s musings on it. I know it because it is what has been revealed and explained to me by my Lord, the One whose name it is, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH. It is he who told me the correct pronunciation, as well as the proper renderings in Hebrew/Aramaic, Greek and English. And it is he who told me how it came to be confused as it is.

Anyway, I hope that helped, dear Narkissos, and peace to you!

Again, I bid you ALL peace? and I remain,

Your servant, and a slave of Christ,

SJ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit