Hi forum

by A Believer 129 Replies latest jw experiences

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

they may go door to door. But do they make it a global work and do it all over?

I dont mean to pile on, but I mean, who in their right mind can even believe that JWs are truly preaching to the entire world? Because they say so?

JWs barely preach in the western world as it is. 90% of time counted in reports is not actual preaching. Now consider that half of the worlds population lives in countries where preaching is against the law, what reasonable person can believe that the JWs are actually preaching in any significant way there? At the very best, perhaps there are few "closet" sympathizers who keep their mouth shut, lest their neighbors find out and drag them to the town square to chop their heads off.

300 000 people are born everyday, and in no way shape or form will JWs get to talk to everybody on earth no matter how much time passes.

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

The Bible says the truth will get brighter and brighter and more will be revealed.

No.

It.

Doesn't.

Unless you can prove otherwise?

• A Believer
    A Believer

Nobody has said they do it all over the world. It's getting closer to that though I think.

JW.ORG Facts and Figures
    • 316 Languages in which the Web site is available

• 220,000+ Number of Web pages on the site

• 600 Languages in which downloadable publications are available

• 130 Requests for Bible studies per day from over 230 countries

• 5 million+ Videos viewed per month

• 1.5 million Downloads per day

• 900,000+ Visits per day from over 230 countries

• schnell
    schnell

Believer, if you have an accused child molester, and the only witness is a single victim, should this be subject to the two witness rule?

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

Can you also show me where it says that absolutely nobody will die from that generation?

What? WHAT? That makes no sense at all. Read it and think.

They said that generation would not die out before the end comes. Not that no one from the generation will die. Even the WT aren't that stupid.

If some born before 1914 are alive when the end happens won't they be able to represent the Generation?

The WT no longer teaches this. Hence me putting up that WT cover.

The 2 overlapping groups make up one generation idea is their 6th interpretation of that scripture,

SIXTH!

• A Believer
    A Believer

26 So do not fear them, for there is nothing covered over that will not become uncovered, and nothing secret that will not become known.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Nobody has said they do it all over the world. It's getting closer to that though I think.

Yes, you did, just a few posts ago.

No they are not getting closer. They are shifting their preaching towards sitting around next to carts on streets waiting for people to come to them. Still no preaching in the countries where it is prohibited. All along 300 000 people become adults everyday.

Even the mormons which have been around for about the same amount of time, have done a better job at converting people with about double the members that JWs have.

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

Nobody has said they do it all over the world.

They preach a false message.

The whole 1914 doctrine is nonsense. It's based on a 19th century former Second Day Adventist's interpretation of bronze age scriptures.

Go read this and reflect:

Facts about 607 BCE

• A Believer
    A Believer

Schnell What is the two witness rule?

Wittstick Why don't you go ask a witness? I have asked and they still say some born from 1914 will cross over. Thier is still a lot living from then.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

This is Paul saying some where turning away from the Good news taught by christ. If early Christianity was unitarian doesn't this this align with others turning away from it?

Yes Jesus being resurrected was good news. But in the sense of this scripture the good news is religion.

In the sense of this scripture? I'm sorry, what? Where do you get religion from it? Note more carefully what it says, particularly that ones were "wanting to distort the good news about Christ". This isn't about religion. Religion isn't even mentioned. This is all about the good new of Christ, specifically that he died for our sins and was resurrected, becoming a guarantee of our salvation. That's a far different message than 'God is going to destroy wickedness.' While that may be true, that isn't the good news that should be preached. Paul emphasize that this was his main message at 1 Tim 2:5-7:

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all—this is what is to be witnessed to in its own due time. 7 For the purpose of this witness I was appointed a preacher and an apostle—I am telling the truth, I am not lying—a teacher of nations in the matter of faith and truth.

13 No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.[a]

What else could this mean besides no one else beside Jesus has went to heaven? So where do we go?

That no one had ever gone into heaven, just as the verse says. But after Christ died, he paved the way for that to happen.

John 14:2-4: In the house of my Father are many dwelling places. Otherwise, I would have told you, for I am going my way to prepare a place for you. 3 Also, if I go my way and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will receive you home to myself, so that where I am you also may be. 4 And where I am going, you know the way.”

Also, Phil 3:14, 15: I am pressing on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God by means of Christ Jesus. 15 Therefore, let those of us who are mature be of this mental attitude, and if you are mentally inclined otherwise in any respect, God will reveal the above attitude to you.

Some would be "mentally inclined" otherwise. Paul was telling his audience that being mentally inclined otherwise wasn't the correct inclination.

Thier will be a paradise on earth.

Before you say that, please find ONE VERSE that says this. There are only four mentions of "paradise" in the Bible. None of them refer to earth.

That said, I believe that eventually, at some point after the events of Revelation 20 occur, there will be a residing on earth, and perhaps eventually it will be a paradise. Why do I believe this?

Rev 21:2: I also saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God and prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

I want to emphasize, though, that the destination hope for Christians was NEVER EVER EVER said to be a paradise earth. Not by Christ and not by the apostles. JWs believe in a two-hope system. I've known this all my life, but it was outrightly stated in The Watchtower, December 15, 2013 issue on page 25, paragraph 13. Discussing the Memorial celebration, it said: "The speaker will explain the two distinct hopes set out in the Bible for Christians."

Does the Bible set out two distinct hopes? Ephesians 4:4-6 says no.

One body there is, and one spirit, just as you were called to the one hope of your calling; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

Anyway, it appears you are zoomed in on the "JWs are the only ones who preach" mantra, which is not what makes the mark of a Christian. There are many who preach, not just JWs. If there weren't, then why would Christ warn us about those who come and try to deceive us? The issue is not WHO is preaching, but WHAT is being preached.

All I can say is this: before making the claim that JWs are right because of outward appearances, do your homework. Jesus condemned the Pharisees, the supposed "right religion" of the day:

Matt 23:27,28: Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you resemble whitewashed graves, which outwardly indeed appear beautiful but inside are full of dead men’s bones and of every sort of uncleanness. 28 In the same way, on the outside you appear righteous to men, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.

Is there any hypocrisy on the part of JWs? How about lawlessness? I can't answer these questions for you. Well, I can, but that would be just my opinion. This is something you need to investigate for yourself.

John 5:39,40: “You are searching the Scriptures because you think that you will have everlasting life by means of them; and these are the very ones that bear witness about me. 40 And yet you do not want to come to me so that you may have life.

In my years as a JW, rare was it to be admonished to come to Christ. In fact, coming to Christ as a JW means to follow in his footsteps, which equates to preaching. What does it mean to come to Christ?

John 14:6: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Matt 11:27: All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one fully knows the Son except the Father; neither does anyone fully know the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son is willing to reveal him.

We cannot get to the Father except through Christ. Not through any religion. No through any other human. We must go through Christ.

In Revelation, he said to the congregation in Ephesus:

Rev 2:1,2:  ‘I know your deeds, and your labor and endurance, and that you cannot tolerate bad men, and that you put to the test those who say they are apostles, but they are not, and you found them to be liars.

The word "apostle" means "sent forth one". Any who claims they are sent forth by God to do something should rightly be put to the test. That means even the teachings of JWs.

Best wishes to you. May the journey be enlightening.

Edited for typos.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit