Counter Witness Video

by Vanderhoven7 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Someone posted a counter Mormon video on another thread and suggested we have one available to show after Witnessses show us a WT video at the door.

Sounds like a great exchange witness approach. All we need is a good short video that could either bless Witnesses with the gospel or plant seeds of doubt in WTS authority

Know of any video that might fit the bill?

• scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff

Im pretty sure im on the do not call list now... but it would be handy to have for future use

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
    APieceOfShitNamedTate
    What Joe was saying is pretend to be an ex-Mormon. You should tell the JWs that you started doing some research online and discovered that Mormonism isn't true. Then you show them an ex-Mormon video and pose a few critical thinking questions. Hopefully this will urge them to think about their own situation.
  • APieceOfShitNamedTate
    APieceOfShitNamedTate

I know a good video dealing with Scientology but it's too long for sharing with JWs at the door. I suppose any "apostate material" about any cult would be fine, but just listen to the first 10 or 15 minutes of this. It's amazing how similar all cults are: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ0-VeWMr-A

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Thanks APOSNT

Didn't pick up that distinction. I lost track of the thread after I viewed the ex-Morman video.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I have found that ex-Mormon video a good way of been able to deal with my orthodox PIMI jw relatives. It gets my message across in in a none confrontational manner.

• Onager
    Onager

Show them a Pingu video on youtube.

Act as if it's a factual documentary about a penguin that lives in a house and uses a toilet (or whatever).

When they point out that Pingu is not real say:

"And your guy is?"

Pause until they start to respond and then shout "MWAH MWAAAH!" and close the door.

I guaranTEE they will remember that encounter forever.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Can't seem to find that mormon video thread

• Ding
    Ding

Would JWs even get the point watching a video that deals with investigating some other religion?

Granted, their persecution detectors wouldn't go off right away, but they'll go off as soon as the idea of examining their own religion is introduced into the conversation.

I'm thinking about an analogy to my own efforts to use this quote from the Truth book:

"We need to examine, not only what we personally believe, but also what is taught by any religious organization with which we may be associated. Are its teachings in full harmony with God’s Word, or are they based on the traditions of men? If we are lovers of the truth, there is nothing to fear from such an examination. It should be the sincere desire of every one of us to learn what God’s will is for us, and then to do it."

I've shared that with JWs.

Their reaction is, "Yes, that's right!"

They agree with it wholeheartedly but don't even entertain the thought that it might apply to them.

They think they've already examined everything and determined once and for all that they are in the truth.

Re-examine the history and practices of the Watchtower organization?

Why, that's apostate thinking and rebellion against Jehovah!

• APieceOfShitNamedTate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit