Why are they announcing 2019 conventions so early?

by Richard_I 37 Replies latest jw friends

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

This gives the Watchtower smugglers more time to plan.

Whoah... what’s that all about? ..ya say.

The CO told me years ago about how the missionaries are brought home for the big deal.

The missionaries are brought home and 💰 cha ching is sewn into their suitcases for the trip out of the country.

Apparently, this has been going on for quite some time, and in one instance, the dubcouple almost got busted... but for the salvation of Jah come to the rescue!

yes, they got away with it once again...

But, alas, where does the booty bound for exit originate? That’s an easy one. Not all the “convention take” is receipted. Specific cash is separated for a special spiritual purpose and the slush is hid in the outbound luggage, ready to be received at the other end by the appropriate appointed person.

Im looking forward to the upcoming International... aren’t you?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Maybe because 😫 it will be the last convention ever 🤗

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Interestingly, here in Australia, not all states are invited to the 'international' convention at Etihad stadium soon to be re-named, due to sponsorship deals, Marvel Stadium ( Melbourne Victoria). Only 50,000 are expected compared to the last one when 70,000 attended from all over Oz. There will be no seating on the stadium playing field this year hence the ability to only cater for 50,000. States not invited to the Melbourne convention will hold regional conventions at various venues in their states.

jtg

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

The last International Assembly was back in 2014 and during the hoopla, spiritual fervor and the widespread rolling out of red carpets for international delegates, if anyone would have said out loud that this "system of things" would continue on until 2019 and there would be more International Assemblies taking place, they'd have been considered borderline apostate, spiritually weak or at the very least a negative spoil sport.

• carla
    carla

Well then, at least we know we have until 2019 before the big A. How long is a 'corner' again? I always forget.

• molybdenum
    molybdenum

Same as the question "How long is a piece of string?"

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

They definitely want more time for people to plan. First of all, back when I was in (and probably still so), you had to be approved to be accepted to travel to an international convention (despite the fact that you could just travel there on your own and go on your own).

When you are accepted, they expect you to book your travel and hotel and stuff through their approved agents and get royally ripped off. Cha-ching.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

jtg

Maybe they should have only invited international delegates and not ANY aussies at all otherwise they won`t have any room for international delegates to attend anyway.

I remember (vaguely) the international convention in Melbourne in 1963? it was an embarrassment as hardly any IF any at all turned up.

Do you know which states are not invited ?

just curious.

• Island Man
    Island Man

I didn't find that odd. What I did find odd was them giving memorial dates all the way up to 2021. It's like they're worried the leadership might not be around to issue memorial dates in a few years, so they have to give the dates early so JWs will know when to celebrate it even without them around to tell them?

• Biahi
    Biahi

Maybe the GB will be in prison then, we can only hope.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit