My prediction coming true

by Foolednomore 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

That video was utterly disgusting with that German GB helper. You can buy your way into being "Jehovah's friend" by donating regularly to Watchtower. Ugh😡

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

God is all powerful, all knowing! He just can't handle money! George Carlin.

• Mum
    Mum

No doubt that prediction came true. Do you also think they're moving toward televangelism?

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

More and likely Watchtower will be an all TV online thing with occasional big conventions in major towns. And it will be pay to play church. Nickel and dime for everything. Donate, Donate will be just the tip of the iceberg. A full TV pay to view network.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Mum…

Nope.

They’re pretty much already there.

😄

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Seriously, though, I suspect they kinda have to.

Selling off the family silver - i.e. real estate assets - to stay in the black is not sustainable in the long run.

If - or more likely, when - the Org’s tax-exemption reaches the chopping block, they’ll need something else to shore up the revenue flow.

That’s the reason for the recent dialed-up-to-eleven multimedia initiatives, IMO.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

Vidiot- yes I would agree with that. If Watchtower would loose it's wonderful tax exempt status worldwide this would be a panic for them. Time will tell.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FOOLEDNOMORE:

This sounds very similar to the Church’s past practice of people buying indulgences. I was raised Catholic, by the way.

But, I’m not surprised.. I always felt (even during the time I was active in the JWs) that their constant criticism/ridicule of the Catholic Church was just plain old envy.. I remember it was a total turnoff to a visiting lady when this was done from the platform.. She felt that ‘knocking other religions’ was in poor taste.

It’s entirely possible the future JW religion might resemble a little bit of what you said combined with televangelism.

• NotBlind
    NotBlind

Anyone who demands regular payouts in order to be their friend sounds like a spoiled brat or a mooch -- someone whose friend I don't want to be.

And anyone who demands I pay them money in order to keep from being destroyed sounds more like a mafia kingpin.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit