Just curious, what have some of you done with your exspensive book bags?

by Singing Man 32 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Singing Man
    Singing Man

I use my book bag to store my computer soft ware in its perfect for that. And as for all the old issues of magazines I used them to start my wood stove on those cold mornings. One time I asked for a lot of older issues from the friends so I could use them to line the bottom of my camp tent, they were more than happy to give them to me. Speaking about this, my older brother at a young age used to push his face against the pages of a old green bible, he swore it got rid of his pimples by sopping up that extra skin oil.

• yxl1
    yxl1

God knows what happened to that piece of plastic I carried magazines in, but me and the kids made some great paper mache' models using that "kiddies" book the Society has just released. (the one with the pictures containing theocratic genocide) It was a "gift" from the mother-in-law, but my wife and I decided it would be more beneficial to rip out the pages, soak them in water and let the kids have a bit of fun making a mess.

• franklin J
    franklin J

LOL @ yxl1, thats putting it to good use!

I had a nice black leather bookbag that got donated to good will; best thng I ever did with it.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Hey, hey, these are 'collectors' items!

Guest 77

• blondie
    blondie

I gave mine to Goodwill where I got them in the first place. Elders and pioneers are the worst for getting fancy bags as if it were a badge of honor. Everyone had to get a fancy call book (from Stoops or equivalent) as if they made any RVs anyway.

Blondie

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

It's sitting in my closet gathering dust.

Walter

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    It's sitting in my closet gathering dust.

Me too! I have three leather bags:

1. Elder's meeting briefcase sourced from Bethel

2. Leather Witnessing bag

3. Leather magazine bag (underarm style)

All unused. All gathering a little dust. All useless for any other purpose - I just can't bring myself to use them!

You know, there's a big, big difference between attending the KH and going to church services. At church I don't need a bag. I don't need to take anything if I don't want to. Bibles, songbooks, service books are all handed out at the door. Simple really. I wonder why on earth we couldn't have done the same at dub meetings?

Cheers, OzzieCheers 2

• undercover
    undercover

I had bought a very nice, brand name, expensive, over-the-shoulder type leather brief case. It wasn't particularly suited for the ministry work, but it was much nicer looking than anything that the others were carrying. It didn't make sense to get rid of it since it cost over $400. So now it is my work brief case. Works much better for that than it ever did for field service.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Ozzie, I have 3 leather bags too, all in the closet, and every time I open the closet door I smell the leather. It gives me flashbacks! It's interesting what little things will trigger unpleasent memories.

I really should get rid of them.

Walter

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

One of them is in my shed collecting dust. The other two that I used for service are setting in the Butler County Landfill. I believe they are next to all of my Watchtower placements.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit