Mazda MX5 automatics (Miata)

by smack 10 Replies latest jw friends

• smack
    smack

Anyone owned one? Sens is looking at one that has a "funny" transmission. I was talking to a friend who owns one here in Oz, she also has had two in Canada (she's a recent import) She said that compared to other cars, the autos are a bit different, probably because of the higher revving engine in the little sports car. The 2 pedal ones are a bit rare in Aus, and any owners groups act a little bit stand offish if you enquire about the autos. So, if anyone has owned one, 'fess up.

Steve

Tasmanian Overbeer (and 5 speed manual snob)

psst Sens, call me and I'll tell you what she said about em

• Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

sens, get a manual. You'll get more out of it.

• smack
    smack

Don't say that Darkie, some people were just not made for 3 pedals, maybe sens only has one leg!

Steve

Tasmanian Overbeer (one down five up)

• sens
    sens

((((((smack))))))) thanks heaps...will do when I get time...:p ps...:p 2 u dark knight and no i have 2 legs lol

• Dark Knight
    Dark Knight
    i have 2 legs lol

Thank goodnes...

For a second there I almost felt bad. LOL... almost...

• sens
    sens

dark knight so u should....

• Gadget
    Gadget

I don't know about the automatic, but I borrowed a manual version for a day and had so much fun in it. It felt so slow, but on thw twisty roads near my house I could drift it round every corner it was so predictable. Sens, which model are you looking at?

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

automatics

The fun in having a little roadster is having a 5speed. Take that away and all you have is a little car.

I own one. A little MX5 5speeed roadster and I love it! One of the most fun cars I've ever had. It's a lot safer then one might think as well. Pretty solid little car and runs great.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Does the automatic come with a pull-rope to start it?

oh oh oh....you could put blades on the front and mow lawns.

• Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

See sens? It's not just me that thinks you should get a manual transmission.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit