Does God Exist?

by Tashawaa 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

I came across this on a different board. I haven't taken the time yet to read it, but its being "heralded" by a christian as a debate in which a Christian Minister won via logic over a Minister-turned-athiest on the topic "Does God Exist". I'm curious how sound the arguments are, and with some of the sharp minds around here, if an argument is faulty, I'm counting on it being discussed.

http://www.theologyonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=cbb686d85bd2e5fa727074241ddc0181&threadid=7709

In case this link doesn't work....

http://www.theologyonline.com/

then go to FORUMS

BATTLE ROYALE CENTRE RING

You'll find it as Does God Exist? - Battle Royale VII - Bob Enyart vs. Zakath

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Of course I do.

• sens
    sens
    Of course I do.

lmao....*shakes head*

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

LOL

I started in, and I may still force myself to read it, but within the 2nd post of the debate... the Minister (For God) is alreading using a "black & white" mentality. Also, the basis (ugh, foundation) is the God of the Bible - what about the God of the Koran... why not use Allah?????

Ugh, and they aren't even dealing with how a Designer of such magnitude even exists, thats just a "granted".

Blah I should have looked closer before I linked it. I'll try reading it further...

• rem
    rem

I read that debate a while back. In my opinion (from what I can remember) both sides were pretty horrible. One thing is for certain - nobody knows for sure whether one or more gods exist. So far,though, there is no evidence that any do exist.

I personally do not believe that any gods exist, but I'd be happy to change my belief based on solid evidence.

rem

• heathen
    heathen

I couldn't find the debate thread but we discuss that on this site all the time . I don't have a problem accepting the idea that God exists but just don't like what people do in the name of religion .

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    nobody knows for sure whether one or more gods exist

Hellooooo! Right here!

Geesh... what do I have to do to convence you people. How about this... tomorrow I will make the sun rise. How about that? I'd like to see you do that!

• rem
    rem

Elsewhere is not god. He is the debbil.

rem

• sens
    sens
    Geesh... what do I have to do to convence you people.

a mx5 would be good....

• Enishi
    Enishi

I believe quite strongly that God exists, and that our lives could not have come about by accident.

However, I no longer believe in an all-powerful anthromorphic creator deity, which is what most people usually mean when they use the word God. God is infinite, and beyond any concepts of personal being (or impersonal being as well for that matter).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit