"Landrew" vs "Borg"

by Stephanus 19 Replies latest jw friends

• rocketman
    rocketman

Jws may indeed be more like the followers of Landrew than the Borg, but, the Borg are better accessorized.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Steph... I feel stupid... I didn't realize you were never a JW. May I ask what brings you here? Family "of the body" or something like that?

• shotgun
    shotgun

I think we need a few Captain Kirks in the governing body...although that means they would have 235 women..cause they would need one in every land just like Kirk.

Can't you just hear the converations around the GB table....I'm a missionary Jim not a magician.

• Piph
    Piph
    And I bet you felt REAL superior while doing it! LOL

You bet I did! But at the same time I remember watching that episode with a disturbed feeling...hoping no one ever looked at JW's as that vacant and stupid...

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Can we talk about Ensign Rand now?

Expatbrit

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    May I ask what brings you here? Family "of the body" or something like that?

A few incidents over a long time - family issues, friends affected and damaged by the Landruites (I was going to use "Borg" as the short hand there, but then remembered what this whole thread is about! LOL), nasty, spiteful encounters with Dubs in various contexts. It's all served to get me interested in the demise of this alien control that I see being exercised every time I cross paths with Dubs.

Jws may indeed be more like the followers of Landrew than the Borg, but, the Borg are better accessorized.

Precisely why I don't think they're the closest Star Trek allegory - the borg are tough, aggresive, dynamic, embracing change and new technology at all turns and on a massive campaign to grow at all costs. The Dubs are staid, insular, stagnant, happy to sit in their "perfect" society and ignore the outside universe. They used to have some missionary zeal, but now that they have no idea what it is they're supposed to be preaching to potential converts, the Landruites make for a much better comparison.

Can we talk about Ensign Rand now?
    Kirk's blonde "bit of fluff"? By all means! But I saw an early Trek episode where she seemed to actually be Sulu's yeoman - the Kirk thing was probably introduced later to create some (more) sexual tension in the episodes. Janice was the one Kirk wanted but couldn't touch...
  • Singing Man
    Singing Man

Yes, I have always thought the same thing. You must all be absorbed !!

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

YOU ARE NOT OF THE BODY!!!!!

• julien
    julien

Peace be with you friend.. joy and contentment..

I agree, this thread is not of the body!!

And the OP is right, the Landrew society is more like the JWs.. What about those hooded guys who come to get you when you done wrong?

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    What about those hooded guys who come to get you when you done wrong?

Yeah, how "JC" were they? When Kirk first resisted them, they had to go back to Landru (the Org) for advice on their next course of action!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit