jw view on sex

by abraham 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• abraham
    abraham

no anal sex in the bible , either stated that do anal . so it is not proper to do , ...

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

So, in other words, anything that does not appear in the Bible is not proper? Hmmmm.....

I don't see the following things in the Bible:

* using a computer

* posting messages on internet forums

* watching television

* using a condom

* eating grits

* eating popcorn

* shopping at Wal-Mart

* driving an automobile

* flying

* smoking marijuana

* using ouija boards

* talking on the telephone

I suppose that makes us all sinners.....doesn't it?

• Singing Man
    Singing Man

I think if you was to ask them and they were to ansure truthfully, breathing air is wrong too.

• SYN
    SYN

Hi Abraham,

Defending your position with single-line posts isn't going to work, my friend. Try harder! Come one! Didn't the Elders train you properly or something? Do you even realize what you're up against here? You're fighting for your beliefs against people who have total freedom of thought, and that, my friend, is not something to be taken lightly in a debate Note that I am not a Witness-hater at all : I hate the doctrines and the ones who create them, but the Rank and File are merely victims. Just so we understand each other!

Now I realize, that the argument presented by religion is that sex outside of a marriage relationship is wrong. Yet we should realize or at least acknowledge why this is the case. After all, religion was developed to give moral code. Moral code was often developed to keep the masses healthy. When man went from being a cave dweller or wanderer of the country side, to gathering in masses. It was not exactly the case, that a local health clinic could solve your issues. So often, it was presented by supposed divine enlightenment, that rules suddenly came into place that made people abide by standards that kept them healthier. Because of the high death rate of woman at child birth, men were encouraged to take more then one wife to maintain a female presence to raise what children he had.

I disagree in the nicest possible way Religion wasn't developed to "give a moral code" at all - religion was a device used to exert power and influence since it's inception. Or is it a coincidence that so many religious leaders were and still are very powerful figures politically? Didn't think so! And the thing about polygamy...something like that could only have been invented by a man Then again, I think having more than one wife would drive me up the wall and out through the chimney. Imagine! I can't even begin to think how two or more women would "share" a man. It's ludicrous!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit