Cigarettes

by Beans 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Beans
    Beans

When you left the JW's did you start smoking cigarettes or had you already started smoking cigarettes before? And for those who became JW's later on in life, were you smoking cigarettes before joing the organization and was it hard to stop?

And now how many cigarettes do you smoke a day?

When I was a JW kid I tried smoking cigarettes but when I left I started smoking for a while.

Beans

http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Well, I smoked 1 ciggie out of rebellion when I left

But I really started smoking when my grammy got sick, just to calm the nerves I guess. By now, I am a total addict, and smoke about a pack a day ... unless I am really calm and centered, then maybe half a pack...

-

Blue Bubblegum Girl

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I started smoking when I was 10 and quit when I got involved with the JW's at 25. I quit cold turkey, and it wasn't too hard, except for the people who had to put up with my irritibility. I started smoking again this year just before I left the org, and smoke about a pack a day.

Walter

• JH
    JH

I never smoked and never will.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Since were on this subject, why don't you guys give me your reasons for smoking. Yes, I've smoked and had cigars when drinking, but it never caught my interest. Yeah, once in awhile I'll take a puff but that's it, why, to be different at that moment.

Guest 77

• Lutece
    Lutece

I smoke about once a month and will quit if I ever "need" a cigarette. Just every now and then it sounds good with a drink and it's usually a long skinny Capri, more as an accessory I guess............. I'm very lucky I haven't become addicted.

Anne

• blondie
    blondie

Both parents smoked 2 1/2 packs a day; whether we had money for food or not. Will never smoke thanks to the object lession. I will grant this some people become addicted more quickly to cigarettes than others explaining why experimental smoking makes some captives and others not.

Blondie (I have other "vices")

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I had not smoked a single cigarette before I left. Later I smoked a few but I cannot even remember the last time I did. Must have been some months ago.

It is a new freedom to decide not to smoke.

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

Beans,

In your thread entitled "Fags" at http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/15/61221/1.ashx you ask:

For all the smokers, how many fags do you smoke a day?
    Are you trying to cut down and have you tried to quit with no success?
    Is the cost of fags helping any to quit?
    When you stopped going to meetings did you start smoking fags immediatley, or had you already started?
    Beans

Later in that same thread, you state:

...this was not and is not an insulting thread, it is about fags or as you may call them in America cigarettes!

Now you start a new thread entitled "cigarettes", asking the same initial question, but with no double entendre.

KINDLY EXPLAIN YOUR MOTIVES.

• logansrun
    logansrun

Seneca said something once, just substitute the word "smoking":

"Drunkeness is simply voluntary insanity."

I tried smoking a couple of times. It did absolutely nothing for me whatsoever. I'm glad for that.

It's a horrible, filthy habit.

Bradley

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit