jws hassle 3 yr old

by Blackcat 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Kent
    Kent

SixofNine, you are the most pathetic asshole I've ever seen - and I've seen a lot. Fortunately for you - there isn't a chanse of you getting a braind decease. That demands a brain in the first place!

BTW: Does your mum know you'r out playing on the nasty internet?

Laughing My Ass Off Class

Yakki Da

Kent
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• Seeker
    Seeker

I've never heard of a child-molesting JW getting victims door-to-door. If such a case exists, I will take back what I said, but I can't imagine that would be an effective means of finding victims when the congregation children are much more readily accessible.

• larc
    larc

Seeker,

Put yourself into the mind of a child molester. Every child is a potential victim. It is a simple matter of opportunity, as in all crimes.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Kent, If you call me a pathetic asshole one more time, I may have to find you, rip your head off, and shit down your neck. Just to try and keep up with TR.

la di da.

Now shut the fuck up.

Or is that escalating?

• Seeker
    Seeker

larc, that is sort of my point. If you are a child molester within the congregation, it's far easier and safer to go after kids you know and that know you and trust you. When you have that ready opportunity available, why on earth would you take a chance of going after some kid at a stranger's door, when they are already suspicious of you as a stranger? Besides, in the Kingdom Hall, sadly, you can get away with your crimes. Some worldly person would kill you himself if you messed with his kids.

Given that knowledge, I just can't see a JW taking that kind of chance. Again, if anyone knows of an example of this taking place, let me know. I'm willing to be educated. But I think to play the child-molestation card in a situation where JW's are handing out tracks is going a bit far.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I have to agree with Larc here. Every child is a potential victim to a molester. My husband talked to a JW, who was a psychologist, helping him on a congregational matter, and he said that a pedolphile can spot a victim in seconds. That means he knows which child is likely to be victimized, safely. Scary, huh? So, that allows for ALL kids, no matter who they are. That was a few years ago, of course.

• GinnyTosken
    GinnyTosken

I am trying to understand the varying opinions in this thread. It would help me if we replayed the newspaper scenario. I'd like to hear what you think should have happened.

The children are pictured in the article as sitting on a brick wall. I assume they were playing in what we in America call the front yard. Their mother was inside, upstairs. Apparently she felt it was safe to leave her children unattended in the front yard.

The article says:

Little Bethany Groom, six, and three-year-old Jim Herring, were playing on their own in their mother’s Hartlepool front garden when the two women approached. They talked to the youngsters before handing them literature from the fundamentalist Christian sect.

Should the women have skipped that house to avoid speaking to unattended children in the yard? Should they have knocked on the door without saying anything to the children? Left the magazine in the door, too? What did the women say?

The article also says:

Jane was upstairs when she spotted the two Jehovah’s Witnesses – both women in their 40s – talking to her children in the front garden. She immediately ran downstairs and jumped in her car to catch up with the pair.

This raises questions in my mind. How did the two women get so far away by the time the mom came downstairs? Did it take her awhile to question her children, figure out who these women were, strap the children in the car, and go after them?

From reading the article, the mother's main concern is that the women approached children playing in their own space. She also seems to dislike the idea of anyone proselytizing from door-to-door. What does the mother want? For no one to come up her front walk while the children are outside playing? Or is it okay to come up the front walk as long as you say nothing to the children?

I just don't know what to make of all this. On any given day, my son may be playing out front and meet Mormons, the exterminator, the guy who mows the lawn, and neighbors walking by. It seems a bit extreme to be offended if any of these strangers speak to him.

Maybe I'm not cautious enough. I just don't know.

Ginny

• rem
    rem

My knee-jerk reaction to this is if you are so paranoid about adults talking to your children without your supervision, make sure they play in the back yard where they will not come in contact with the rest of the world.

I confess that I spoke to children out in service. I was a bit more cautious, though. I didn't want to look like a perv or anything, and I was sometimes afraid that a child might start screaming "Danger Stranger!" and that would not have been a good witness. But the fact is that if you are not going to be constantly watching your children and you are paranoid about people talking to them, then remove them from the threat. That is the responsible thing. Expecting pervs on the street to act like gentlemen is a bit naive to me.

rem

• Seeker
    Seeker

I can accept that a molestor may be able to pick out a potential victim in a matter of seconds, but I fail to see how that's relevant. Yes, it would be better if such molestors didn't go door-to-door, but that's being worked on with Dateline, etc. In the meantime, it's going to happen. So what shall we say, that JWs are not allowed to speak to children? Even saying to them as you walk by, "Hello, I'm just going to speak with your mommy or daddy" is enough time, apparently, for a molestor to see that this child is a potential victim. What can you do? Teach children to stubbornly ignore, or run away in fear, every time the U.P.S. person walks up the driveway? Wouldn't they be possible molestors as well?

A climate of fear has taken us over. We're seeing molestors everywhere! C'mon, it was just a couple of women going door-to-door, they spoke to the children so briefly they managed to get far away by the time the mom came downstairs. I doubt they were taking notes for their local Kingdom Hall molestor.

In my opinion, the mother allowed her prejudice (unless she chases the mailperson down the street as well) to cause her to overreact. That overreaction will have a far greater damaging effect on her kids than any Witness speaking to them for a few seconds.

Do I want JWs to witness to my kids? No. But I'll teach them to know right from wrong, and critical thinking from fuzzy thinking. They won't be damaged if properly prepared. And I'll be damned if I'll get bent out of shape if some stranger has a friendly conversation with them while I am around.

• Blackcat
    Blackcat

Hi, Sunbeam, your guessing is correct, where you located???

Blackcat xxx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit