Facial Hair

by new boy 17 Replies latest jw friends

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

I know of a brother in Virginia that gave public Sunday talks with a beard this year (2018)

i have this first hand from 2 different people

His elders would call the congregation he was visiting to speak to give them a heads up in case they had an issue with it

• watson
    watson

Some cultures don't wear ties either, but.....

Memorial invitation campaign in Angola.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Good, hopefully that will spread.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Brothers didn't have to wear ties on field service in Spain. The reasoning was illegal immigrants wouldn't hear the message as only authority figures wore ties out there and they would deter them from listening.

Personally, I think the elder who made that rule up (corrupt in many other ways) just didnt like ties himself so made it ok to remove them. The other brothers kept theirs on.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Current policy by JW Org on facial hair ?

Sisters are allowed as much as they want.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Charles Taze Russell had a beard ,takeover man Joseph F.Rutherford wanted to distance himself from him its founder so he had to get rid of the physical thing that Russells followers identified him with and that was his beard.

So Joseph F.Rutherford banned beards

That`s it in a nutshell

That is also why he changed the name /heading of the Watchtower magazine from " Zions Watchtower and Herald of Christs Presence"

to

the un-scriptual heading "The Watchtower Announcing Jehovahs Kingdom"

• SAHS
    SAHS

stumbledbyothers: In some cultures, a neatly trimmed beard may be acceptable and respectable, and it may not detract at all from the Kingdom message. In fact, some appointed brothers have beards.

What exactly is considered to be “acceptable and respectable,” at least in WT land? Well, “worldly” society is largely considered by the Watch Tower to be non-JW due to beards, tattoos, body piercings, holiday celebrators, etc. But those JW Pharisees are clearly ‘going beyond the things written.’

• sir82
    sir82

Current policy by JW Org on facial hair ?

Sisters are allowed as much as they want.

I've been envious of the quality & quantity a few sisters are able to produce.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit