WHY THE WATCHTOWER IS DOOMED!

by You Know 29 Replies latest jw friends

• AlanF
    AlanF

Well there Booby, at least you managed a reply without any my-God-will-kill-you's. I suppose shame sometimes works even on you. Unfortunately you failed on "blatant dismissals" and "assorted non-answers".

:: The Society's interpretation of Mattew 24:45 as applying to itself is completely wrenched out of context. The verses before and after -- by the Society's own teaching -- apply to a time future from now.

: I know. I taught you that some time ago on H2O.

Wrong. I've known that this WTS teaching was messed up timewise as far back as 1994, when I discussed it with one of your fellow wannabe Priest-Kings and he agreed that it was messed up. That was well before the Society emasculated its failed teaching about "the generation of 1914".

: But apparently we are going to have to go back over the main points as you seem to have gotten things a bit messed up.

It is you who have gotten things messed up, as we will see. Whether this is your attempt to sidestep the arguments I made, or is just due to sheer stupidity on your part, I'll leave readers to determine.

: There are two appointments Fraudbacker, count them---2.

Here's your first logical mistake. I already gave you enough priming so that you shouldn't have missed it, so again your missing it is either due to deliberate obfuscation or sheer lack of reasoning ability.

You first have to prove that this "slave" is a composite rather than an illustration of individual Christian rewards. Neither you nor your Mommy has ever done so. Without this foundation, the rest of your claims are meaningless.

: First is when Jesus speaks in the past tense, as in "whom his master APPOINTED over his domestics." That's the first appointment,

It's easy to prove that neither you nor the Society have the faintest idea what you're talking about here. For purposes of continuing your line of thought we'll assume some kind of appointment of a composite "slave", and then I'll ask you this: WHEN was that "slave" appointed? If you claim it was appointed in the 1st century, then you'll have to demonstrate and prove that present JW leaders are the successors and the only successors to that early "slave". If you claim a date later than the 1st century, then prove it.

Of course, we know you can't prove anything at all, and so will resort to your usual blustering "my God will kill you soon!"

: and it is in the past from the present moment when Christ is speaking during his parousia.

Prove your contention by scriptural and historical references. But you can't do that either. In fact, you can't even prove when Christ's "parousia" supposedly began.

: The second appointment is in the future.

Try teaching that to Uncle Teddie and see how far you get. He'll DF your ass so fast your head won't even know the nether end is gone.

Point being: We're not concerned with Booby's false interpretations, but with the false interpretations of JW leaders. And again, either you're deliberately trying to miss this basic point, or too stupid to understand it.

: That's why Jesus speaks in the prophecy, as if his presence is already underway, which of course it is at the point when these prophecies become relevant, speaking in the future tense, saying: "Truly I say to you, He WILL APPOINT him over all his belongings." That second apointment is future and awaits the arrival of Christ and the commencement of the judgment period to become fulfilled.

And of course You Know exactly when that "presence" began, don't you: 1914. And how do you know that? Because JW leaders told you.

So here we have a fine illustration of how JW leaders and their sycophants argue in circles: "We know we were appointed some time way back when, because we figured it out from the Bible. We know that Christ's presence began in 1874 -- no, make that 1914 -- because we figured it out from the Bible. We also figured out that, because our predictions about 1914 long in advance of 1914 were so accurate, and we proved our faith so well, it must have been 3 1/2 years after 'the time of the end' began in 1914 that soon after, we were appointed 'over all Christ's belongings'. Since we were appointed to such a magnificent position of authority, what we say goes. And we say our teachings are true and correct! So there! Nyah nyah nyah!"

And again, Booby Old Don't Know Beans, you completely failed to understand another major point I brought out: Because you yourself are claiming that the claim of JW leaders to have been appointed "over all Christ's belongings" in 1919 is false, you're claming outright that JW leaders are false prophets. But you continue claiming that these demonstrated false prophets -- including yourself -- somehow are the only religious leaders on earth that have God approval. How you think that false prophets could have God's approval is probably best explained as a by-product of your drug-soaked binges of yesteryear.

Thus, all your rantings about Isaiah and Joel and fire and brimstone are just that: rantings.

So, Booby, you've once again demonstrated that you're 100% bluster and bullshit. Why not be a good recovering druggie and just go away? I admit it's fun beating up on someone as arrogantly braindead as you, but it does get a bit wearing after awhile. / AlanF Knows

• larc
    larc

I want to comment on something that AlanF alluded to, and that is the FDS depiction in the Bible. You Know, you should read it with an uncluttered mind. Jesus was a teacher. He used an illustration that would create a visual image in his student's minds so that they could better understand the point that he was trying to make. It was an effective method of teaching. That is all it was. It has no meaning beyond that. It has no application to any organization, present or past. It is food for thought for individuals who read it. That is what it is and nothing more.... don't use the Bible like a giant Rorschach test.

• JAVA
    JAVA

YK said,

You are delusional. You have never argued nor provided documentation. You are in fantasyland if you imagine that your little twirling emerald skull and bones is anything other than nonsense.

1874, 1914, 1918, 1919,
    Millions Now Living Will Never Die (1920),
    1925, 1975, before end of 20th century,

I agree, only the "delusional" refuse to see the history of one false date after another propageted by the Watchtower Society. Well, there is another group refusing to see the obvious--liars! Which class are you YK, the JW-Delusional Class or the JW-Liar Class?

The"Good News" is

The "twirling emerald skull and bones" is not "nonsense," YK. That's the universal icon representing immediate danger or death. Has the Watchtower Society suggested anything but danger and death for any disagreeing with them? Like it or not, DESTRUCTION and DEATH is their message! The skull and cross bones is a better icon than the Society's tower. At least it's accurate compared to their tower of false hopes, and false dates.

BTW, I see "AlanF Knows" cleaned your clock in the above post. As an old professor used to say, "It's a shame they don't know they don't know." Just wondering if you knew that, You Know?

--JAVA
    ...counting time at the Coffee Shop

• You Know
    You Know
    Well there Booby, at least you managed a reply without any my-God-will-kill-you's.

Where have I ever replied in such a manner? I think you are becoming a delusional paranoid.

You first have to prove that this "slave" is a composite rather than an illustration of individual Christian rewards. Neither you nor your Mommy has ever done so. Without this foundation, the rest of your claims are meaningless.

That's easy Fraudbacker. Of course it requires the use of reason, so I don't know where that will leave you in this matter. But it is obvious that the illustration does not apply to the reward or punishment of individual Christians for the very reason that Jesus said that the slave was appointed over the master's entire household of servants. So it is a position of responsibility over others of God's household. Do all Christians have that sort of authority and responsibility? Of course not. So your imagined application to each individual is nonsensical. But, to establish the fact that the faithful slave has authority over other Christians, one only has to turn to the more detailed account of the faithful slave found at the 12th chapter of Luke. Verse 48 that concludes Jesus' discussion of the slave by driving home the point of accountability, says: "...The one whom people put in charge of much, they will demand more than usual of him." Clearly, the faithful slave is the one whom Christ put in charge.

Now, as for whether that slave in charge is an individual or a composite body, again, the power of reason will have to be employed, actually in this instance it is merely common sense, but like I say, I don't know where that will leave you. But the mere fact that Jesus said that the slave could have two different destinies, depending on his faithfulness, indicates that there is more than one individual slave. If it's possible for the slave to simultaneously beat his fellows and faithfully feed them, it is clear that there are two different slaves with the same assignment to feed Christ's household. The key though that allows us to identify the slave as a class of anointed Christians, is the context of the 12 chapter of Luke. Jesus had just finished assuring his apostles that his Father had approved of giving the little flock the kingdom. Then Jesus strongly encouraged them to remain in faithful expectation because Christ would return when they thought it least likely. Peter than asked if Christ was saying this to the apostles only or to all. That's when Jesus replied with the question: "Who really is the faithful steward?" So, Jesus was deliberately ambiguous because the real slave would not appear on the scene until the arrival of Christ, because that was the context of the illustration in the first place. However, it should be noted that in Luke Jesus was not giving his detailed prophecy of his presence. But, whether the faithful steward disignation applies to the modern apostolic governing body or to all of the little flock is largely irrelevant. The true slave will be identified by his feeding the household of Christ and by his faithfully keeping on the watch for Jesus' arrival. Unquestionably that is what the Watchtower has been doing all these many years.

I'll ask you this: WHEN was that "slave" appointed? If you claim it was appointed in the 1st century, then you'll have to demonstrate and prove that present JW leaders are the successors and the only successors to that early "slave". If you claim a date later than the 1st century, then prove it.

That's an easy question to answer but I am sure that it will be impossible for you to accept, not due to any defect in the answer, but rather to the sheer spiritual blindness of your own mind and heart. Examining both acounts carefully, we note some interesting contrasting details. In Luke's account Jesus speaks of both appointments of his slave as taking place at a time yet future from the time when he was speaking directly to his apostles. Now, at that particular time, Jesus had already chosen his 12 as his appointed successors. In effect they were appointed over his household already at that time. Yet, at Luke 12:42 Jesus referred to the original appointment as still to take place. That indicates that the apostles were not the ones directly being spoken of in the illustration although they certainly set the pattern for a future slave to feed Christ's little sheep as Jesus commanded his apostles to do. Now, as to when such an appointment might take place, in Matthew's account, Jesus speaks in the past tense as if the first appointment of the slave has already taken place. The reason for the difference is because in Luke's account Jesus had not yet revealed the prophecy concerning his presence leading up to the revelation of the Son of Man. In Matthew's account however, it is as if Jesus speaks to his disciples who would be living DURING his presence. That's why Jesus says: "When you see all these things occurring." Obviously the apostles didn't see the fulfillment of the sign of Christ's presence. That was reserved for his future household of anointed ones to observe. So the faithful slave is logically appointed to his first post over the domestics, to feed them, during the period of Jesus' ongoing presence. At his manifestation is when he rewards or punishes accordingly. That is yet in the future for our point of reference. So that's why in Matthew Jesus also speaks of a future appointment for his faithful slave.

Of course, we know you can't prove anything at all, and so will resort to your usual blustering "my God will kill you soon!"

I really think my recent installment of "DOOM" articles must have unnerved you. LOL

Prove your contention by scriptural and historical references. But you can't do that either. In fact, you can't even prove when Christ's "parousia" supposedly began.

Nonsense. There is a mountain of evidence that the system is finished. You just refuse to accept it. And I am not going to waste my time trying to convince someone as unreasonable as yourself. The very fact that you are so outspokenly against the truth of Jesus' presence is the fulfillment of a number of prophecies. Ironic, isn't it Fraudbacker? You demand proof and yet you and your many apostate associates are living proof of Christ's presence.

again, Booby Old Don't Know Beans, you completely failed to understand another major point I brought out:

Your points have been addressed and refuted. But you lack the honesty, humility, and the spiritual comprehension to recognize or acknowledge that fact. / You Know

• TR
    TR

I wish more JW's would tune to this channel. But, a good JW/false prophet/delusional cultist trouncing might make them a little queasy.

TR

"cults suck"

• larc
    larc

You Know,

There is no such thing as an FDS class - never has been, never will be. Jesus was telling a story. That is all there is to it.

• You Know
    You Know

So you say. Actually, you are the one telling a story. If youy have such insights into Jesus' mind answer this: what is God's household over which the slave was appointed? If you can't answer that question Scripturally then you really have nothing but an opinion, and a very ignorant one at that. So, what is God's household Lark? / You Know

• AlanF
    AlanF

To You Don't Know Beans:

:: Well there Booby, at least you managed a reply without any
    my-God-will-kill-you's.

: Where have I ever replied in such a manner?

Time would fail me if I tried to count.

: I think you are becoming a delusional paranoid.

Perhaps, but you've already arrived.

:: You first have to prove that this "slave" is a composite rather than
    :: an illustration of individual Christian rewards. Neither you nor your
    :: Mommy has ever done so. Without this foundation, the rest of
    :: your claims are meaningless.

: That's easy Fraudbacker.

Only if you ignore the context as well as simple considerations about how
    Jesus taught with parables.

: Of course it requires the use of reason, so I don't know where that will
    : leave you in this matter.

After reading our back-and-forth, readers will have no doubt about where
    that leaves both of us.

: But it is obvious that the illustration does not apply to the reward or
    : punishment of individual Christians for the very reason that Jesus said
    : that the slave was appointed over the master's entire household of servants.

Your conclusion does not follow. Luke 12:41 explicitly states that Peter
    understood that Jesus was giving a parable. In this parable, Jesus was
    simply saying that slaves who prove faithful in small things will be
    rewarded by being given much greater responsibility. In Luke we have a
    servant being appointed over other servants -- a relatively smaller
    responsibility. In Matthew we have a servant being appointed over the
    master's household -- again a relatively smaller responsiblity. In both
    Luke and Matthew, having proved faithful in these smaller things, the
    master rewards the slave with the ultimate responsibility of a slave:
    "he will put him in charge of all his possessions." According to Jesus,
    every one of his followers must prove himself to be as faithful as did
    the slave in the parable.

Do keep in mind, Booby, that merely declaring that your viewpoint is
    "obvious" does not make it so. You have to prove it. Also keep in mind
    that the above explanation is quite reasonable, and that if you want to
    prove that your own viewpoint is THE valid one, you also must prove that
    alternative reasonable explanations MUST be wrong. Again, merely
    declaring it doesn't make it so.

Let me emphasize this so that even you understand it: the fact that
    Matthew 24:45 and Luke 12:42 are illustrations is proved by the fact
    that Peter himself, in Luke 12:41, says so. End of argument. The notion
    of "appointment of a slave" simply illustrates various responsibilities
    and rewards that Jesus, the Master, will give individual Christians during
    their Christian walk.

: ... But, to establish the fact that the faithful slave has authority
    : over other Christians, one only has to turn to the more detailed account
    : of the faithful slave found at the 12th chapter of Luke.

We will do that fairly extensively below. When we do, we'll see that your
    vaunted expositions aren't worth shit.

: Verse 48 that concludes Jesus' discussion of the slave by driving home
    : the point of accountability, says: "...The one whom people put in charge
    : of much, they will demand more than usual of him." Clearly, the faithful
    : slave is the one whom Christ put in charge.

Precisely: a Christian slave who is faithful over smaller things will
    get a much bigger responsibility when the Master arrives. Being faithful
    over smaller things is illustrated by a slave's being put in charge of
    other slaves, or of the household. Being rewarded when the Master arrives
    by being put in charge of all the Master's belongings gives him a bigger
    responsibility.

Now let's look at the context of the passages in Matthew and Luke, using
    the New American Standard Bible (NASB):

Matthew 24:36-51:

But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor
    the Son, but the Father alone. For the coming of the Son of Man will be
    just like the days of Noah. For as in those days before the flood they
    were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day
    that Noah entered the ark, and they did not understand until the flood
    came and took them all away; so will the coming of the Son of Man be.
    Then there will be two men in the field; one will be taken and one will
    be left. Two women will be grinding at the mill; one will be taken and
    one will be left. Therefore be on the alert, for you do not know which
    day your Lord is coming. But be sure of this, that if the head of the
    house had known at what time of the night the thief was coming, he would
    have been on the alert and would not have allowed his house to be broken
    into. For this reason you also must be ready; for the Son of Man is
    coming at an hour when you do not think He will. Who then is the faithful
    and sensible slave whom his master put in charge of his household to give
    them their food at the proper time? Blessed is that slave whom his master
    finds so doing when he comes. Truly I say to you that he will put him in
    charge of all his possessions. But if that evil slave says in his heart,
    `My master is not coming for a long time,' and begins to beat his fellow
    slaves and eat and drink with drunkards; the master of that slave will
    come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour which he does
    not know, and will cut him in pieces and assign him a place with the
    hypocrites; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Note the context of the bolded word "parable in Luke 12:35-48:

Be dressed in readiness, and keep your lamps lit.
    Be like men who are waiting for their master when he returns from the
    wedding feast, so that they may immediately open the door to him when he
    comes and knocks. Blessed are those slaves whom the master will find on
    the alert when he comes; truly I say to you, that he will gird himself
    to serve, and have them recline at the table, and will come up and wait
    on them. Whether he comes in the second watch, or even in the third,
    and finds them so, blessed are those slaves. But be sure of this, that
    if the head of the house had known at what hour the thief was coming,
    he would not have allowed his house to be broken into. You too, be ready;
    for the Son of Man is coming at an hour that you do not expect."
    Peter said, "Lord, are You addressing this parable to us, or to everyone
    else as well?" And the Lord said, "Who then is the faithful and sensible
    steward, whom his master will put in charge of his servants, to give them
    their rations at the proper time? Blessed is that slave whom his master
    finds so doing when he comes. Truly I say to you that he will put him
    in charge of all his possessions. But if that slave says in his heart,
    `My master will be a long time in coming,' and begins to beat the slaves,
    both men and women, and to eat and drink and get drunk; the master of
    that slave will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour
    he does not know, and will cut him in pieces, and assign him a place with
    the unbelievers. And that slave who knew his master's will and did not
    get ready or act in accord with his will, will receive many lashes, but
    the one who did not know it, and committed deeds worthy of a flogging,
    will receive but few. From everyone who has been given much, much will
    be required; and to whom they entrusted much, of him they will ask all
    the more.

Now let's examine parallel passages in Matthew and Luke.

The first part of the Matthew passage has no parallel in Luke:

Matthew: But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven,
    nor the Son, but the Father alone. For the coming of the Son of Man will be
    one will be left.

The point here is that the "coming of the Son of Man" will be completely
    unexpected, both for Christians and for everyone else. This automatically
    eliminates from being "faithful slaves" any who think they can set a date
    for this coming -- in particular JW leaders, who have done so many times,
    including with their foolish 1914 doctrine, where they have invented a
    "two-stage coming" doctrine where Christ arrives in 1914 and then again at
    some future date. It also sets the stage for the parallel passages that
    follow:

Matthew: Therefore be on the alert, for you do not know which day your
    Lord is coming.

Luke: Be dressed in readiness, and keep your lamps lit. Be like men who
    are waiting for their master when he returns from the wedding feast, so
    that they may immediately open the door to him when he comes and knocks.

"Be alert" is the watchword in the above. In the next passages, the idea
    that the time of Christ's coming will remain unknown is reaffirmed:

Matthew: But be sure of this, that if the head of the house had known at
    what time of the night the thief was coming, he would have been on the
    alert and would not have allowed his house to be broken into.

Luke: Blessed are those slaves whom the master will find on
    he would not have allowed his house to be broken into.

For future reference, note that in the Luke passage, it is "those slaves"
    (plural) who are all to remain on alert, and when the Master arrives
    all of "those slaves" who remain alert are "blessed". How are they
    blessed? By being "appointed over all his belongings".

Next is another admonition to be alert and ready:

Matthew: For this reason you also must be ready; for the Son of Man is
    coming at an hour when you do not think He will.

Luke: You too, be ready; for the Son of Man is coming at an hour that you
    do not expect.

Next we have the key passage for our discussion:

Luke: Peter said, "Lord, are You addressing this parable to us,
    or to everyone else as well?"

Rather than giving a direct answer, Jesus simply continues with the parable:

Luke: And the Lord said, "Who then is the faithful and sensible steward,
    whom his master will put in charge of his servants,
    to give them their rations at the proper time?
    Blessed is that slave whom his master finds so doing when he comes.
    Truly I say to you that he will put him in charge of all his possessions.

Matthew: Who then is the faithful and sensible slave
    whom his master put in charge of his household
    to give them their food at the proper time?

So Jesus' indirect answer to Peter's question was, in effect: "a faithful
    and sensible steward will understand to whom the parable applies."

Just who would this "steward" be? The Luke passage answers clearly: it is
    "that slave whom his master finds" doing the Master's will when "he comes".
    Is the "that slave" of this passage a single composite slave? Not at all,
    since the context makes it clear that the sense is more like, "whatever
    slave whom his master finds doing his will". This is shown by the way the
    above-mentioned "those slaves" are told to all remain on alert.
    When the master arrives all of "those slaves" who remain alert
    are "blessed" by being put "in charge of all his possessions."

After that Jesus tells what will happen to the Christian slave who proves
    unfaithful in any way, either by "beating" his fellow slaves (other
    Christians) or by failing to be alert for the Master's arrival:

Luke: But if that slave says in his heart,
    both men and women, and to eat and drink and get drunk;
    the master of that slave will come on a day when he does not expect him
    and at an hour he does not know, and will cut him in pieces,
    and assign him a place with the unbelievers.

Matthew: But if that evil slave says in his heart,
    `My master is not coming for a long time,' and begins to beat his fellow slaves
    and eat and drink with drunkards;
    and at an hour which he does not know, and will cut him in pieces
    and assign him a place with the hypocrites;
    in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."

Finally, Luke has a section with no parallel in Matthew:

Luke: And that slave who knew his master's will and did not get ready or
    act in accord with his will, will receive many lashes, but the one who
    did not know it, and committed deeds worthy of a flogging, will receive
    but few. From everyone who has been given much, much will be required;
    and to whom they entrusted much, of him they will ask all the more."

In other words, Christians who screw up out of mere ignorance will be
    punished lightly, whereas Christians who screw up deliberately will be
    punished severely. Jesus elsewhere made it known that hypocritical
    Christians who appoint themselves over their brothers rather than
    waiting for him to appoint them are among those who will receive a
    heavy judgment.

Now back to Booby's apostatizing:

: Now, as for whether that slave in charge is an individual or a composite
    : body, again, the power of reason will have to be employed,

Good idea.

: actually in this instance it is merely common sense,

Experience proves that "common sense" as defined by most JWs
    is nothing more than Watchtower tradition.

: but like I say, I don't know where that will leave you.

Given that true common sense means that one takes into account the entire
    context of a biblical passage, and given that you've completely missed the
    import of Peter's statement that Jesus' parable was a parable, it's evident
    where the common sense lies.

: But the mere fact that Jesus said that the slave could have two different
    : destinies, depending on his faithfulness, indicates that there is more
    : than one individual slave.

Ah, here we will see the precise reasoning abilities of Booby at work.

If the "slave" is a composite, then it would be inconsistent to speak of
    THE slave in some passages but in others to speak of a SUBSET of the slave.
    The consistent position is that such a slave refers to all Christians,
    who took on the responsibilities of a slave of Christ by becoming
    Christians. Some would prove faithful and some would not. This is so
    simple that a child can understand it, but since JWs have a clear agenda
    to support their Fundamental Doctrine of Jehovah's Witnesses, obviously
    they have not even the reasoning powers of young children.

: If it's possible for the slave to simultaneously beat his fellows and
    : faithfully feed them,

Here's where your reasoning breaks down: You've merely assumed that
    there is one and only one "slave" -- a composite one. Wrong assumptions
    lead to wrong conclusions.

: it is clear that there are two different slaves with the same assignment
    : to feed Christ's household.

Really. Why two? Just what process of reasoning -- not the circular type
    of argument that you and Mommy use -- leads you to exactly two
    slaves? Do keep in mind that the notion of a faithful and an unfaithful
    slave, in the context of Matthew 24 and Luke 12, do not suggest two actual
    slaves or slave "classes" -- it merely indicates two alternative ends:
    that of the faithful slave and that of the unfaithful slave.

: The key though that allows us to identify the slave as a class of
    : anointed Christians, is the context of the 12 chapter of Luke.

As we've seen, the context indicates quite the opposite, especially in
    view of Luke 12:41.

: Jesus had just finished assuring his apostles

Not quite. The passage (Luke 12:22) reads "disciples", and the context
    indicates that many more than the apostles were present to hear Jesus'
    discourse.

: that his Father had approved of giving the little flock the kingdom.

But nowhere does the passage suggest that this "little flock" was to
    be made up of a special class of "anointed" Christians taken out from
    among all Christians. This is yet another implicit assumption of yours
    that you have not justified, nor has Mommy.

: Then Jesus strongly encouraged them to remain in faithful expectation
    : because Christ would return when they thought it least likely.

Very good. But you then trip up badly. And the manner in which you trip up
    tells us that you knew about Luke 12:41 all the time, but think that people
    are so stupid as not to notice your lies:

: Peter than asked if Christ was saying this to the apostles only or to all.

Ah! Saying what? What is this "this" that you sweep under the rug?
    Why, it's Peter's statement that Jesus was giving an illustration, a parable!

Have you no shame, Booby? Have you no fear to lie to defend your foolish
    organization and yourself and your ridiculous notion of "God"? Do read
    the advice given in Job 13:7-12. Especially read how James Moffatt's
    translation reads. It mocks you and shows how you are truly a "sycophant
    for God". Your arguments are like broken pieces of pottery and mere
    fluffy ashes.

: That's when Jesus replied with the question: "Who really is the faithful
    : steward?" So, Jesus was deliberately ambiguous because the real slave
    : would not appear on the scene until the arrival of Christ, because that
    : was the context of the illustration in the first place.

All of this is completely consistent with the interpretation I've given.
    It does not support your argument at all.

: However, it should be noted that in Luke Jesus was not giving his
    : detailed prophecy of his presence.

It doesn't matter. The above parallelled passages prove that the parable
    Jesus gave was the same parable in both passages. Are you claiming that
    they are not?

But it matters not.

The point is that Jesus himself determines the faithfulness of his slaves
    when he arrives. When is that? Obviously, when the events desribed
    in the passages surrounding Matthew 24:45 take place: When the Son of Man
    arrives in his glory and so forth.

Yet, JW leaders reject all this and have proclaimed themselves to be
    faithful, thus usurping Jesus' prerogative and proving themselves to be
    gross false prophets.

: But, whether the faithful steward disignation applies to the modern
    : apostolic governing body or to all of the little flock is largely
    : irrelevant.

True, but that's because the JW idea of a "little flock" is bogus.

: The true slave will be identified by his feeding the household of Christ
    : and by his faithfully keeping on the watch for Jesus' arrival.

No, the Bible clearly states that the true slave will be identified by
    Christ himself, upon his arrival in glory. Nothing in the Bible indicates
    that any "slave" would identifiy himself as THE faithful slave, but only
    as A slave, by virtue of accepting Christian responsibilities to tell
    others about his hopes and beliefs, and so forth.

: Unquestionably that is what the Watchtower has been doing all these
    : many years.

LOL! If you can call things like the nonsense expounded upon in Watchtower
    publications like the now-discredited Studies in the Scriptures
    volumes "feeding the household of Christ", you're welcome to. But you
    only show how silly your ideas and those of Mommy are. And if you can
    call the numerous failed predictions that the Watchtower Society has
    made in the name God "faithfully keeping on the watch", your delusion
    becomes self-evident.

On to the next segment:

:: I'll ask you this: WHEN was that "slave" appointed? If you claim it
    :: was appointed in the 1st century, then you'll have to demonstrate and
    :: prove that present JW leaders are the successors and the only successors
    :: to that early "slave". If you claim a date later than the 1st century,
    :: then prove it.

: That's an easy question to answer but I am sure that it will be impossible
    : for you to accept, not due to any defect in the answer,

Oh, no!

: but rather to the sheer spiritual blindness of your own mind and heart.

This is a standard way of discounting in advance the fact that you're
    about to give a bullshit answer.

: Examining both acounts carefully,

What a novel idea! So far you haven't managed to do so.

: we note some interesting contrasting details. In Luke's account Jesus
    : speaks of both appointments of his slave as taking place at a time yet
    : future from the time when he was speaking directly to his apostles.

So far so good.

: Now, at that particular time, Jesus had already chosen his 12 as his
    : appointed successors. In effect they were appointed over his household
    : already at that time.

They were appointed in a certain sense, but neither you nor the Society
    have shown any connection between that specific appointment as apostles
    and the parable under discussion here. Indeed, all that the Society has
    ever managed is a circular argument that is nothing but a house of cards.
    You obviously understand that the Society's interpretation is bogus:

: Yet, at Luke 12:42 Jesus referred to the original appointment as still
    : to take place. That indicates that the apostles were not the ones
    : directly being spoken of in the illustration although they certainly
    : set the pattern for a future slave to feed Christ's little sheep as
    : Jesus commanded his apostles to do.

All well and good, but viewing the apostles' appointment as an appointment
    to be shepherds has nothing to do with Jesus' parable.

: Now, as to when such an appointment might take place, in Matthew's
    : account, Jesus speaks in the past tense as if the first appointment
    : of the slave has already taken place.

As usual your "explanation" is far too simplistic and ignores context.
    The fact is that Jesus switches verb tenses and time viewpoints freely,
    so it's not necessarily clear whether he is speaking as if his actual
    viewpoint
    is from a particular time reference, or he is only in a
    manner of speaking
    using that time reference. For example, the
    following two passages are smack in the middle of the parable, but have
    a viewpoint future from Christ's arrival in judgment and from when
    "the thief" was to arrive:

Luke: But be sure of this, that if the head of the house had known at
    what hour the thief was coming, he would not have allowed his house
    to be broken into.

Clearly, Jesus' time reference is shown by the phrase "had known", and so
    the time reference is after the Master arrives.

Since Jesus mixes tenses and time viewpoints like this, in no way can one
    be so definite about the time reference in this parable to when some
    supposed appointment took place as to hang an important doctrine on such
    an interpretation. People speak like this all the time, often mixing
    tenses and switching viewpoints. It rarely has any significance. If I
    say, "So I go into the store and buy some beer. Then I went home and
    drank it", I'm not being consistent with tenses, but people understand
    exactly what my time reference is.

: The reason for the difference is because in Luke's account Jesus had not
    : yet revealed the prophecy concerning his presence leading up to the
    : revelation of the Son of Man.

You really can't tell that from the accounts. The overall sequences of events
    in Matthew and Luke are quite mixed up. What you're saying is that on
    two different occasions Jesus gave similar but not identical parables.
    That makes little sense. The parallels between the two accounts of the
    parables are too great. But even if Jesus gave the same parable on two
    separate occasions, it still makes no difference, because the parables
    are so obviously referring to exactly the same future events. The point is
    that all of the events he referred to are future from the time at which he
    gave the parable.

: In Matthew's account however, it is as if Jesus speaks to his disciples
    : who would be living DURING his presence.

This pretty well nails the coffin shut on your interpretation. The "parousia"
    is not a "presence", but a "coming", an "arrival", an "advent". The many
    parallels between various future references to "parousia", "erchomai" and
    so forth, in various New Testament writings, proves that to these Bible
    writers, the words all had reference to the same thing: Jesus' future
    "coming on the clouds" as the Master. The New World Translation goes
    out of its way to obscure this fact. Various Watchtower defenses of its
    interpretation of "parousia" as "presence" contain flat-out lies as well
    as self-evidently wrong arguments, which proves that the Society knows
    very well that its claims are wrong. One doesn't have to lie if one is
    in the right.

: That's why Jesus says: "When you see all these things occurring."

You obviously have not absorbed the latest "new light" from the "faithful
    and discreet slave class". This seeing of "all these things occurring"
    appears at the end of Matthew 24:29-33. The passage describes the
    appearance of various "heavenly signs" including "the sign of the Son
    of Man". Jesus prophesies that "all these things occurring" would
    immediately precede the "coming of the Son of Man", and "the Son
    of man coming on the clouds of the sky with power and great glory."
    Since these events are explicitly stated to occur within a short
    time frame, the notion of an "extended presence" is unscriptural.

: Obviously the apostles didn't see the fulfillment of the sign of
    : Christ's presence. That was reserved for his future household of
    : anointed ones to observe.

The Preterist school of biblical interpretation would disagree. But I'm
    not into that, and will simply go with the explanations I've given so far.
    No matter; what I've said is essentially consistent with Preterist and
    Post-Millennialist interpretations.

: So the faithful slave is logically appointed to his first post over
    : the domestics, to feed them, during the period of Jesus' ongoing presence.

Since there is no such time of "ongoing presence" spoken of in the
    scriptures, this explanation is wrong.

: At his manifestation is when he rewards or punishes accordingly. That is
    : yet in the future for our point of reference.

Since Jesus' "manifestation", "parousia", coming, arrival, etc. all
    describe the same event, there can be only one explicit appointment -- the
    one "over all Christ's belongings". This is consistent with the fact that
    anyone who becomes a Christian automatically becomes "a slave of Christ".
    The first "appointment" is simply an acknowledgement of servitude to
    Christ; the second is a metaphor for the Christian's receiving his reward
    for a job well done, at Christ's "parousia".

: So that's why in Matthew Jesus also speaks of a future appointment for
    : his faithful slave.

You've certainly got that down pat.

:: Of course, we know you can't prove anything at all, and so will resort
    :: to your usual blustering "my God will kill you soon!"

: I really think my recent installment of "DOOM" articles must have
    : unnerved you. LOL

Right. Your doom rantings are just as frightening and amusing as those of
    the average looney standing on the street corner yelling "THE END IS NEAR!"
    You're just as looney as they are, Booby. Your laughter has the same
    ragged edge as did Jack Nicholson's in his portrayal of the crazed
    ax-wielder in Steven King's movie "The Shining". LOL!

Really, Booby, both you and the Society are so completely out of touch
    with Christianity that you don't comprehend a simple warning scripture like
    Luke 21:8: "See to it that you are not misled; for many will come in My name,
    saying, `I am He,' and, `The time is near'. Do not go after them[/]."

:: Prove your contention by scriptural and historical references. But you
    :: can't do that either. In fact, you can't even prove when Christ's
    :: "parousia" supposedly began.

: Nonsense.

Proved.

: There is a mountain of evidence that the system is finished.

Ah, yes. Lyndon LaRouche et al. And your fulfilled predictions for
    1998, 1999, 2000 and 2001. But I was talking about 1914 and all that.

You already know that the Society's "gentile times" chronology is complete
    nonsense. You already know that its claims about all sorts of dire
    happenings as part of a "composite sign of the end" are bogus. You Know
    that its claims about earthquakes, famines, pestilences etc. are those
    of crackpots. But even they're smart enough not to rely on the likes of
    LaRouche and "The National Enquirer". I know that they would like to
    use such nonsense in support, but they're a bit more sophisticated than
    you are.

: You just refuse to accept it.

I just refuse in the face of mountains of evidence to the contrary.

: And I am not going to waste my time trying to convince someone as
    : unreasonable as yourself.

So says the armless, legless Black Knight.

: The very fact that you are so outspokenly against the truth of Jesus'
    : presence is the fulfillment of a number of prophecies.

Wow! AlanF foretold in prophecy! What an honor!

: Ironic, isn't it Fraudbacker? You demand proof and yet you and your
    : many apostate associates are living proof of Christ's presence.

No Booby, your rantings on this simply prove that you're so stupid that
    you don't understand that "predicting" that people will laugh at nonsense
    is no prediction at all.

Here's an example: Booby will keep ranting and raving about "the end".
    Whenever he does, that's a sign that AlanF is a prophet and that You Know
    will have a bowell movement the next morning.

See how easy it is?

So, Booby Old Don't Know Beans, just as I said, you've demonstrated fully
    that you've completely failed to understand many major points I brought
    out. Your points have been addressed and refuted. But you lack the honesty,
    humility, and the spiritual comprehension to recognize or acknowledge that
    fact.

Most of all, you have entirely failed to address the most significant
    point of all: Because you yourself are claiming that the claim of JW
    leaders to have been appointed "over all Christ's belongings" in 1919
    is false, you're claiming outright that JW leaders are false prophets.
    But you continue claiming that these [b]demonstrated false prophets

--
    including yourself -- somehow are the only religious leaders on earth
    that have God approval. How you think that false prophets could have
    God's approval is probably best explained as a by-product of your
    drug-soaked binges of yesteryear.

The fact that I've repeated the notions in the above paragraph two times
    and you've ignored that information two times proves that you have no
    answer for it. From the Society's point of view you're an apostate, and
    YOU KNOW IT. / AlanF Knows

• AlanF
    AlanF

To You Don't Know Beans:

:: Well there Booby, at least you managed a reply without any
    my-God-will-kill-you's.

: Where have I ever replied in such a manner?

Time would fail me if I tried to count.

: I think you are becoming a delusional paranoid.

Perhaps, but you've already arrived.

:: You first have to prove that this "slave" is a composite rather than
    :: an illustration of individual Christian rewards. Neither you nor your
    :: Mommy has ever done so. Without this foundation, the rest of
    :: your claims are meaningless.

: That's easy Fraudbacker.

Only if you ignore the context as well as simple considerations about how
    Jesus taught with parables.

: Of course it requires the use of reason, so I don't know where that will
    : leave you in this matter.

After reading our back-and-forth, readers will have no doubt about where
    that leaves both of us.

: But it is obvious that the illustration does not apply to the reward or
    : punishment of individual Christians for the very reason that Jesus said
    : that the slave was appointed over the master's entire household of servants.

Your conclusion does not follow. Luke 12:41 explicitly states that Peter
    understood that Jesus was giving a parable. In this parable, Jesus was
    simply saying that slaves who prove faithful in small things will be
    rewarded by being given much greater responsibility. In Luke we have a
    servant being appointed over other servants -- a relatively smaller
    responsibility. In Matthew we have a servant being appointed over the
    master's household -- again a relatively smaller responsiblity. In both
    Luke and Matthew, having proved faithful in these smaller things, the
    master rewards the slave with the ultimate responsibility of a slave:
    "he will put him in charge of all his possessions." According to Jesus,
    every one of his followers must prove himself to be as faithful as did
    the slave in the parable.

Do keep in mind, Booby, that merely declaring that your viewpoint is
    "obvious" does not make it so. You have to prove it. Also keep in mind
    that the above explanation is quite reasonable, and that if you want to
    prove that your own viewpoint is THE valid one, you also must prove that
    alternative reasonable explanations MUST be wrong. Again, merely
    declaring it doesn't make it so.

Let me emphasize this so that even you understand it: the fact that
    Matthew 24:45 and Luke 12:42 are illustrations is proved by the fact
    that Peter himself, in Luke 12:41, says so. End of argument. The notion
    of "appointment of a slave" simply illustrates various responsibilities
    and rewards that Jesus, the Master, will give individual Christians during
    their Christian walk.

: ... But, to establish the fact that the faithful slave has authority
    : over other Christians, one only has to turn to the more detailed account
    : of the faithful slave found at the 12th chapter of Luke.

We will do that fairly extensively below. When we do, we'll see that your
    vaunted expositions aren't worth shit.

: Verse 48 that concludes Jesus' discussion of the slave by driving home
    : the point of accountability, says: "...The one whom people put in charge
    : of much, they will demand more than usual of him." Clearly, the faithful
    : slave is the one whom Christ put in charge.

Precisely: a Christian slave who is faithful over smaller things will
    get a much bigger responsibility when the Master arrives. Being faithful
    over smaller things is illustrated by a slave's being put in charge of
    other slaves, or of the household. Being rewarded when the Master arrives
    by being put in charge of all the Master's belongings gives him a bigger
    responsibility.

Now let's look at the context of the passages in Matthew and Luke, using
    the New American Standard Bible (NASB):

Matthew 24:36-51:

But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor
    the Son, but the Father alone. For the coming of the Son of Man will be
    one will be left. Therefore be on the alert, for you do not know which
    day your Lord is coming. But be sure of this, that if the head of the
    house had known at what time of the night the thief was coming, he would
    have been on the alert and would not have allowed his house to be broken
    into. For this reason you also must be ready; for the Son of Man is
    coming at an hour when you do not think He will. Who then is the faithful
    and sensible slave whom his master put in charge of his household to give
    them their food at the proper time? Blessed is that slave whom his master
    finds so doing when he comes. Truly I say to you that he will put him in
    charge of all his possessions. But if that evil slave says in his heart,
    `My master is not coming for a long time,' and begins to beat his fellow
    slaves and eat and drink with drunkards; the master of that slave will
    come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour which he does
    not know, and will cut him in pieces and assign him a place with the
    hypocrites; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Note the context of the bolded word "parable in Luke 12:35-48:

Be dressed in readiness, and keep your lamps lit.
    Be like men who are waiting for their master when he returns from the
    wedding feast, so that they may immediately open the door to him when he
    comes and knocks. Blessed are those slaves whom the master will find on
    he would not have allowed his house to be broken into. You too, be ready;
    for the Son of Man is coming at an hour that you do not expect."
    Peter said, "Lord, are You addressing this parable to us, or to everyone
    else as well?" And the Lord said, "Who then is the faithful and sensible
    steward, whom his master will put in charge of his servants, to give them
    their rations at the proper time? Blessed is that slave whom his master
    finds so doing when he comes. Truly I say to you that he will put him
    in charge of all his possessions. But if that slave says in his heart,
    both men and women, and to eat and drink and get drunk; the master of
    that slave will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour
    he does not know, and will cut him in pieces, and assign him a place with
    the unbelievers. And that slave who knew his master's will and did not
    get ready or act in accord with his will, will receive many lashes, but
    the one who did not know it, and committed deeds worthy of a flogging,
    will receive but few. From everyone who has been given much, much will
    be required; and to whom they entrusted much, of him they will ask all
    the more.

Now let's examine parallel passages in Matthew and Luke.

The first part of the Matthew passage has no parallel in Luke:

Matthew: But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven,
    nor the Son, but the Father alone. For the coming of the Son of Man will be
    one will be left.

The point here is that the "coming of the Son of Man" will be completely
    unexpected, both for Christians and for everyone else. This automatically
    eliminates from being "faithful slaves" any who think they can set a date
    for this coming -- in particular JW leaders, who have done so many times,
    including with their foolish 1914 doctrine, where they have invented a
    "two-stage coming" doctrine where Christ arrives in 1914 and then again at
    some future date. It also sets the stage for the parallel passages that
    follow:

Matthew: Therefore be on the alert, for you do not know which day your
    Lord is coming.

Luke: Be dressed in readiness, and keep your lamps lit. Be like men who
    are waiting for their master when he returns from the wedding feast, so
    that they may immediately open the door to him when he comes and knocks.

"Be alert" is the watchword in the above. In the next passages, the idea
    that the time of Christ's coming will remain unknown is reaffirmed:

Luke: Blessed are those slaves whom the master will find on
    he would not have allowed his house to be broken into.

For future reference, note that in the Luke passage, it is "those slaves"
    (plural) who are all to remain on alert, and when the Master arrives
    all of "those slaves" who remain alert are "blessed". How are they
    blessed? By being "appointed over all his belongings".

Next is another admonition to be alert and ready:

Matthew: For this reason you also must be ready; for the Son of Man is
    coming at an hour when you do not think He will.

Luke: You too, be ready; for the Son of Man is coming at an hour that you
    do not expect.

Next we have the key passage for our discussion:

Luke: Peter said, "Lord, are You addressing this parable to us,
    or to everyone else as well?"

Rather than giving a direct answer, Jesus simply continues with the parable:

Luke: And the Lord said, "Who then is the faithful and sensible steward,
    whom his master will put in charge of his servants,
    to give them their rations at the proper time?

Matthew: Who then is the faithful and sensible slave
    whom his master put in charge of his household
    to give them their food at the proper time?

So Jesus' indirect answer to Peter's question was, in effect: "a faithful
    and sensible steward will understand to whom the parable applies."

Just who would this "steward" be? The Luke passage answers clearly: it is
    "that slave whom his master finds" doing the Master's will when "he comes".
    Is the "that slave" of this passage a single composite slave? Not at all,
    since the context makes it clear that the sense is more like, "whatever
    slave whom his master finds doing his will". This is shown by the way the
    above-mentioned "those slaves" are told to all remain on alert.
    When the master arrives all of "those slaves" who remain alert
    are "blessed" by being put "in charge of all his possessions."

After that Jesus tells what will happen to the Christian slave who proves
    unfaithful in any way, either by "beating" his fellow slaves (other
    Christians) or by failing to be alert for the Master's arrival:

Luke: But if that slave says in his heart,
    both men and women, and to eat and drink and get drunk;
    and at an hour he does not know, and will cut him in pieces,
    and assign him a place with the unbelievers.

Matthew: But if that evil slave says in his heart,
    `My master is not coming for a long time,' and begins to beat his fellow slaves
    and eat and drink with drunkards;
    and at an hour which he does not know, and will cut him in pieces
    and assign him a place with the hypocrites;
    in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."

Finally, Luke has a section with no parallel in Matthew:

Luke: And that slave who knew his master's will and did not get ready or
    act in accord with his will, will receive many lashes, but the one who
    did not know it, and committed deeds worthy of a flogging, will receive
    but few. From everyone who has been given much, much will be required;
    and to whom they entrusted much, of him they will ask all the more."

In other words, Christians who screw up out of mere ignorance will be
    punished lightly, whereas Christians who screw up deliberately will be
    punished severely. Jesus elsewhere made it known that hypocritical
    Christians who appoint themselves over their brothers rather than
    waiting for him to appoint them are among those who will receive a
    heavy judgment.

Now back to Booby's apostatizing:

: Now, as for whether that slave in charge is an individual or a composite
    : body, again, the power of reason will have to be employed,

Good idea.

: actually in this instance it is merely common sense,

Experience proves that "common sense" as defined by most JWs
    is nothing more than Watchtower tradition.

: but like I say, I don't know where that will leave you.

Given that true common sense means that one takes into account the entire
    context of a biblical passage, and given that you've completely missed the
    import of Peter's statement that Jesus' parable was a parable, it's evident
    where the common sense lies.

: But the mere fact that Jesus said that the slave could have two different
    : destinies, depending on his faithfulness, indicates that there is more
    : than one individual slave.

Ah, here we will see the precise reasoning abilities of Booby at work.

If the "slave" is a composite, then it would be inconsistent to speak of
    THE slave in some passages but in others to speak of a SUBSET of the slave.
    The consistent position is that such a slave refers to all Christians,
    who took on the responsibilities of a slave of Christ by becoming
    Christians. Some would prove faithful and some would not. This is so
    simple that a child can understand it, but since JWs have a clear agenda
    to support their Fundamental Doctrine of Jehovah's Witnesses, obviously
    they have not even the reasoning powers of young children.

: If it's possible for the slave to simultaneously beat his fellows and
    : faithfully feed them,

Here's where your reasoning breaks down: You've merely assumed that
    there is one and only one "slave" -- a composite one. Wrong assumptions
    lead to wrong conclusions.

: it is clear that there are two different slaves with the same assignment
    : to feed Christ's household.

Really. Why two? Just what process of reasoning -- not the circular type
    of argument that you and Mommy use -- leads you to exactly two
    slaves? Do keep in mind that the notion of a faithful and an unfaithful
    slave, in the context of Matthew 24 and Luke 12, do not suggest two actual
    slaves or slave "classes" -- it merely indicates two alternative ends:
    that of the faithful slave and that of the unfaithful slave.

: The key though that allows us to identify the slave as a class of
    : anointed Christians, is the context of the 12 chapter of Luke.

As we've seen, the context indicates quite the opposite, especially in
    view of Luke 12:41.

: Jesus had just finished assuring his apostles

Not quite. The passage (Luke 12:22) reads "disciples", and the context
    indicates that many more than the apostles were present to hear Jesus'
    discourse.

: that his Father had approved of giving the little flock the kingdom.

But nowhere does the passage suggest that this "little flock" was to
    be made up of a special class of "anointed" Christians taken out from
    among all Christians. This is yet another implicit assumption of yours
    that you have not justified, nor has Mommy.

: Then Jesus strongly encouraged them to remain in faithful expectation
    : because Christ would return when they thought it least likely.

Very good. But you then trip up badly. And the manner in which you trip up
    tells us that you knew about Luke 12:41 all the time, but think that people
    are so stupid as not to notice your lies:

: Peter than asked if Christ was saying this to the apostles only or to all.

Ah! Saying what? What is this "this" that you sweep under the rug?
    Why, it's Peter's statement that Jesus was giving an illustration, a parable!

Have you no shame, Booby? Have you no fear to lie to defend your foolish
    organization and yourself and your ridiculous notion of "God"? Do read
    the advice given in Job 13:7-12. Especially read how James Moffatt's
    translation reads. It mocks you and shows how you are truly a "sycophant
    for God". Your arguments are like broken pieces of pottery and mere
    fluffy ashes.

: That's when Jesus replied with the question: "Who really is the faithful
    : steward?" So, Jesus was deliberately ambiguous because the real slave
    : would not appear on the scene until the arrival of Christ, because that
    : was the context of the illustration in the first place.

All of this is completely consistent with the interpretation I've given.
    It does not support your argument at all.

: However, it should be noted that in Luke Jesus was not giving his
    : detailed prophecy of his presence.

It doesn't matter. The above parallelled passages prove that the parable
    Jesus gave was the same parable in both passages. Are you claiming that
    they are not?

But it matters not.

The point is that Jesus himself determines the faithfulness of his slaves
    when he arrives. When is that? Obviously, when the events desribed
    in the passages surrounding Matthew 24:45 take place: When the Son of Man
    arrives in his glory and so forth.

Yet, JW leaders reject all this and have proclaimed themselves to be
    faithful, thus usurping Jesus' prerogative and proving themselves to be
    gross false prophets.

: But, whether the faithful steward disignation applies to the modern
    : apostolic governing body or to all of the little flock is largely
    : irrelevant.

True, but that's because the JW idea of a "little flock" is bogus.

: The true slave will be identified by his feeding the household of Christ
    : and by his faithfully keeping on the watch for Jesus' arrival.

No, the Bible clearly states that the true slave will be identified by
    Christ himself, upon his arrival in glory. Nothing in the Bible indicates
    that any "slave" would identifiy himself as THE faithful slave, but only
    as A slave, by virtue of accepting Christian responsibilities to tell
    others about his hopes and beliefs, and so forth.

: Unquestionably that is what the Watchtower has been doing all these
    : many years.

LOL! If you can call things like the nonsense expounded upon in Watchtower
    publications like the now-discredited Studies in the Scriptures
    volumes "feeding the household of Christ", you're welcome to. But you
    only show how silly your ideas and those of Mommy are. And if you can
    call the numerous failed predictions that the Watchtower Society has
    made in the name God "faithfully keeping on the watch", your delusion
    becomes self-evident.

On to the next segment:

:: I'll ask you this: WHEN was that "slave" appointed? If you claim it
    :: was appointed in the 1st century, then you'll have to demonstrate and
    :: prove that present JW leaders are the successors and the only successors
    :: to that early "slave". If you claim a date later than the 1st century,
    :: then prove it.

: That's an easy question to answer but I am sure that it will be impossible
    : for you to accept, not due to any defect in the answer,

Oh, no!

: but rather to the sheer spiritual blindness of your own mind and heart.

This is a standard way of discounting in advance the fact that you're
    about to give a bullshit answer.

: Examining both acounts carefully,

What a novel idea! So far you haven't managed to do so.

: we note some interesting contrasting details. In Luke's account Jesus
    : speaks of both appointments of his slave as taking place at a time yet
    : future from the time when he was speaking directly to his apostles.

So far so good.

: Now, at that particular time, Jesus had already chosen his 12 as his
    : appointed successors. In effect they were appointed over his household
    : already at that time.

They were appointed in a certain sense, but neither you nor the Society
    have shown any connection between that specific appointment as apostles
    and the parable under discussion here. Indeed, all that the Society has
    ever managed is a circular argument that is nothing but a house of cards.
    You obviously understand that the Society's interpretation is bogus:

: Yet, at Luke 12:42 Jesus referred to the original appointment as still
    : to take place. That indicates that the apostles were not the ones
    : directly being spoken of in the illustration although they certainly
    : set the pattern for a future slave to feed Christ's little sheep as
    : Jesus commanded his apostles to do.

All well and good, but viewing the apostles' appointment as an appointment
    to be shepherds has nothing to do with Jesus' parable.

: Now, as to when such an appointment might take place, in Matthew's
    : account, Jesus speaks in the past tense as if the first appointment
    : of the slave has already taken place.

As usual your "explanation" is far too simplistic and ignores context.
    The fact is that Jesus switches verb tenses and time viewpoints freely,
    so it's not necessarily clear whether he is speaking as if his actual
    viewpoint
    is from a particular time reference, or he is only in a
    manner of speaking
    using that time reference. For example, the
    following two passages are smack in the middle of the parable, but have
    a viewpoint future from Christ's arrival in judgment and from when
    "the thief" was to arrive:

Luke: But be sure of this, that if the head of the house had known at
    what hour the thief was coming, he would not have allowed his house
    to be broken into.

Clearly, Jesus' time reference is shown by the phrase "had known", and so
    the time reference is after the Master arrives.

Since Jesus mixes tenses and time viewpoints like this, in no way can one
    be so definite about the time reference in this parable to when some
    supposed appointment took place as to hang an important doctrine on such
    an interpretation. People speak like this all the time, often mixing
    tenses and switching viewpoints. It rarely has any significance. If I
    say, "So I go into the store and buy some beer. Then I went home and
    drank it", I'm not being consistent with tenses, but people understand
    exactly what my time reference is.

: The reason for the difference is because in Luke's account Jesus had not
    : yet revealed the prophecy concerning his presence leading up to the
    : revelation of the Son of Man.

You really can't tell that from the accounts. The overall sequences of events
    in Matthew and Luke are quite mixed up. What you're saying is that on
    two different occasions Jesus gave similar but not identical parables.
    That makes little sense. The parallels between the two accounts of the
    parables are too great. But even if Jesus gave the same parable on two
    separate occasions, it still makes no difference, because the parables
    are so obviously referring to exactly the same future events. The point is
    that all of the events he referred to are future from the time at which he
    gave the parable.

: In Matthew's account however, it is as if Jesus speaks to his disciples
    : who would be living DURING his presence.

This pretty well nails the coffin shut on your interpretation. The "parousia"
    is not a "presence", but a "coming", an "arrival", an "advent". The many
    parallels between various future references to "parousia", "erchomai" and
    so forth, in various New Testament writings, proves that to these Bible
    writers, the words all had reference to the same thing: Jesus' future
    "coming on the clouds" as the Master. The New World Translation goes
    out of its way to obscure this fact. Various Watchtower defenses of its
    interpretation of "parousia" as "presence" contain flat-out lies as well
    as self-evidently wrong arguments, which proves that the Society knows
    very well that its claims are wrong. One doesn't have to lie if one is
    in the right.

: That's why Jesus says: "When you see all these things occurring."

You obviously have not absorbed the latest "new light" from the "faithful
    and discreet slave class". This seeing of "all these things occurring"
    appears at the end of Matthew 24:29-33. The passage describes the
    appearance of various "heavenly signs" including "the sign of the Son
    of Man". Jesus prophesies that "all these things occurring" would
    immediately precede the "coming of the Son of Man", and "the Son
    of man coming on the clouds of the sky with power and great glory."
    Since these events are explicitly stated to occur within a short
    time frame, the notion of an "extended presence" is unscriptural.

: Obviously the apostles didn't see the fulfillment of the sign of
    : Christ's presence. That was reserved for his future household of
    : anointed ones to observe.

The Preterist school of biblical interpretation would disagree. But I'm
    not into that, and will simply go with the explanations I've given so far.
    No matter; what I've said is essentially consistent with Preterist and
    Post-Millennialist interpretations.

: So the faithful slave is logically appointed to his first post over
    : the domestics, to feed them, during the period of Jesus' ongoing presence.

Since there is no such time of "ongoing presence" spoken of in the
    scriptures, this explanation is wrong.

: At his manifestation is when he rewards or punishes accordingly. That is
    : yet in the future for our point of reference.

Since Jesus' "manifestation", "parousia", coming, arrival, etc. all
    describe the same event, there can be only one explicit appointment -- the
    one "over all Christ's belongings". This is consistent with the fact that
    anyone who becomes a Christian automatically becomes "a slave of Christ".
    The first "appointment" is simply an acknowledgement of servitude to
    Christ; the second is a metaphor for the Christian's receiving his reward
    for a job well done, at Christ's "parousia".

: So that's why in Matthew Jesus also speaks of a future appointment for
    : his faithful slave.

You've certainly got that down pat.

:: Of course, we know you can't prove anything at all, and so will resort
    :: to your usual blustering "my God will kill you soon!"

: I really think my recent installment of "DOOM" articles must have
    : unnerved you. LOL

Right. Your doom rantings are just as frightening and amusing as those of
    the average looney standing on the street corner yelling "THE END IS NEAR!"
    You're just as looney as they are, Booby. Your laughter has the same
    ragged edge as did Jack Nicholson's in his portrayal of the crazed
    ax-wielder in Steven King's movie "The Shining". LOL!

Really, Booby, both you and the Society are so completely out of touch
    with Christianity that you don't comprehend a simple warning scripture like
    Luke 21:8: "See to it that you are not misled; for many will come in My name,
    saying, `I am He,' and, `The time is near'. Do not go after them."

:: Prove your contention by scriptural and historical references. But you
    :: can't do that either. In fact, you can't even prove when Christ's
    :: "parousia" supposedly began.

: Nonsense.

Proved.

: There is a mountain of evidence that the system is finished.

Ah, yes. Lyndon LaRouche et al. And your fulfilled predictions for
    1998, 1999, 2000 and 2001. But I was talking about 1914 and all that.

You already know that the Society's "gentile times" chronology is complete
    nonsense. You already know that its claims about all sorts of dire
    happenings as part of a "composite sign of the end" are bogus. You Know
    that its claims about earthquakes, famines, pestilences etc. are those
    of crackpots. But even they're smart enough not to rely on the likes of
    LaRouche and "The National Enquirer". I know that they would like to
    use such nonsense in support, but they're a bit more sophisticated than
    you are.

: You just refuse to accept it.

I just refuse in the face of mountains of evidence to the contrary.

: And I am not going to waste my time trying to convince someone as
    : unreasonable as yourself.

So says the armless, legless Black Knight.

: The very fact that you are so outspokenly against the truth of Jesus'
    : presence is the fulfillment of a number of prophecies.

Wow! AlanF foretold in prophecy! What an honor!

: Ironic, isn't it Fraudbacker? You demand proof and yet you and your
    : many apostate associates are living proof of Christ's presence.

No Booby, your rantings on this simply prove that you're so stupid that
    you don't understand that "predicting" that people will laugh at nonsense
    is no prediction at all.

Here's an example: Booby will keep ranting and raving about "the end".
    Whenever he does, that's a sign that AlanF is a prophet and that You Know
    will have a bowell movement the next morning.

See how easy it is?

So, Booby Old Don't Know Beans, just as I said, you've demonstrated fully
    that you've completely failed to understand many major points I brought
    out. Your points have been addressed and refuted. But you lack the honesty,
    humility, and the spiritual comprehension to recognize or acknowledge that
    fact.

Most of all, you have entirely failed to address the most significant
    point of all: Because you yourself are claiming that the claim of JW
    leaders to have been appointed "over all Christ's belongings" in 1919
    is false, you're claiming outright that JW leaders are false prophets.
    But you continue claiming that these demonstrated false prophets --
    including yourself -- somehow are the only religious leaders on earth
    that have God approval. How you think that false prophets could have
    God's approval is probably best explained as a by-product of your
    drug-soaked binges of yesteryear.

The fact that I've repeated the notions in the above paragraph two times
    and you've ignored that information two times proves that you have no
    answer for it. From the Society's point of view you're an apostate, and
    YOU KNOW IT. / AlanF Knows

• Taichi
    Taichi

Well, I respect your current viewpoints. However, I tend to agree with Brother Raymond Franz regarding what or who the FDS is.

First off, Paul tells us that we all will be judged individually before Jehovah for our acts, we will not be judged as a group or in a membership into something.

I agree with Franz view that the Faithful Steward is all Christians responsibility to fulfill, not just to few. I have to admit, In Search of Christian Freedom is a great book and a must read.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit