Cart observations from Cardiff South Wales

by freddo 18 Replies latest jw friends

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Oh I'm sure "views" mean a lot to Jehovah.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    "........but we aim to be visible and direct people to our website" - the new JW mantra.

Indeed. How depressing. The preaching work has come down to this. The Org is turning JWs into walking billboards to direct them to the website.

And why not? i mean from the Org's perspective, this is good. The donation money still comes in from active members. By directing answers to the website, they avoid debating issues.They don't need to try to recruit anyway, because they pretty much rely on kids of existing JWs.

This cart thing is a tremendous success IMO. I bet it also helps with hours and overall membership count, because since it's so easy, more Jdubs are willing to do it, and this means more hours, and more peak publishers per year.

Expect the ORG, to almost exclusively do this going forward. Bell ringers will be a thing of the past.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    The good news of this website will be declared in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations and then the end will come.'

or is it....

The good news will be declared in all train stations and main intersections of the cities, providing that you have a computer and internet access.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

Trolleys are going to be the future for the jws,the people can get vast amount of hours in with out much effort and and the watchtower does not have to print as much.Just these past days ive took magazines from the carts there were printed in 2010

• sparky1
    sparky1

JW.Org?..........A god damned website!? Oh what have I done.......what have I done.

• freddo
    freddo

I was back at this customer's premises today - just a flying visit to drop off some supplies and so I passed the same cart at just after 9 a.m. today and again at 9.15.

Remember - busy shopping area, bus stop, banks, plenty of people about.

Again no-one approaching the carts in the time I was within sight of it (only about 15 minutes this time, admittedly.) I had a busy day ahead so didn't engage them but get this ...

THERE WERE FOUR OF 'EM!

That's right - four JW's on one cart - all men in their 50's. Two stood yacking to each other the other two staring off into the distance.

What a bleeding, utter and complete waste of time!

• sir82
    sir82

What a bleeding, utter and complete waste of time!

Of course.

But a boon for JWs, who:

-- Get lots of hours

-- Are "visible" in the ministry

-- Rarely have to actually talk to anyone

It's a triple-win for JWs.

Oh, and the "visible in the ministry" part - that's "visible" to other JWs. In JW-world, appearances are the most important thing, and if you "appear" to be "zealous", you are deemed zealous and good by the middle-managers (elders & COs).

• nugget
    nugget

There was a time when jws were trained to debate/lecture members of the public. Now they don't have the tools or understanding to argue key points and they shy away from conflict. This catch all website jworg allows witnesses to put zero effort into their ministry.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I saw a gang of five on the lawn outside the entrance to a polytechnic.

Lawn chairs, picnic blankies and hampers the whole shabang. They were way off from the path that led to the main entrance too, you would have to actually go across the lawn a little ways to approach the cart. There they were all sprawled out there like a bunch of rich people in the thirties enjoying a day on the green.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit