am i overreacting?

by freeandcontent 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    My question really is am I overreacting?

No. Your daughter needs your protection. Especially from a weirdo cult like I was raised in.

The balance is being respectful to your poor ol' Mum who thinks she's doing right because she is under mind control from the corporation.

Keep us posted, fellow UK person....oh, and...welcome to el forumo

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Outlaw - your post is spot on. I know that she may still try to sneak things in which is why she will never have her granddaughter on her own or for overnight stays etc. Contact will always be in my presence. Have to give her the chance though to just be grandma with no jw stuff brought up......freeandcontent

I absolutely understand trying to be a good and decent person,trying to give JW Grandparents a Fair Chance..

The unfortunate truth is.....They`ll use it against you..

They will betray you at every opportunity.....It`s Normal Behavior for Jehovah`s Witnesses..

All I can do is offer my advice,based on my personal experience..

Many parents have had the same experience..

• KateWild
    KateWild

Welcome freeandcontent.....very difficult to find a balance.

Thanks for your experience Leela1 it's very apt for this thread. I am sorry this happened to your family

Kate xx

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane
    Let your children watch the Caleb & Sophia videos. Then point out all the ridiculous aspects of these and let them form their own opinions. You'd be surprised how smart children can be, especially when you help them develop their critical thinking skills.
  • Hadriel
    Hadriel

@freeandcontent first off welcome.

secondly at least for me I wouldn't permit this. The indoctrination is significant getting our children to see the reality has actually been difficult. Add to that we've never been overbearing self-righteous types and rather liberal compared to most yet here were are.

The point is the indoctrination is dangerous. We're kind of scrambling to undo what we've done. It stinks.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Calebs Airplane,

You make a good point, that's what I used to do with my kids when waking up. It worked a treat. Perhaps then the young children will wake up Grandma and Grandpa with their logic.

Out of the mouths of babes

Kate xx

• Heaven
    Heaven

Welcome FAC! You are not overreacting. As "littlest one's" (I love this btw) parent you are the one responsible for the well-being and upbringing of your child. Indoctrinating a child into a cult is harmful. You are perfectly within your right to stop this.

At some point in our lives, and it seems it's usually our adult lives, we have to establish boundaries with our JW families. It seems you have reached this juncture.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

My daughter and granddaughter have had extremely difficult times trying to get over the dread and fear of imminent Armageddon destruction.

Knowing what I know now, i would not take a chance on leaving any child alone with any JW. Especially a grandparent who probably thinks she is the only way her grandchild will learn about Jehovah and be saved through Armageddon.

Keep kids safe from the JW cult!!!

Marina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit