Kids names

by smack 17 Replies latest social family

• smack
    smack

While watching a TV program about football, I saw that one of the players names is Moses. My brother Peter has 2 boys, named Joshua and Caleb. My sister has 4 boys named Jacob, Samuel, Amos and Phillip. Guess where they got those names from. My name is Stephen. Does anyone know of any kids called Moses or Jesus. Would JW's call their kids that? Would they think of naming a son Jesus?

Steve

• sens
    sens

smack...I know a guy called Isaiah....he isnt JW.....

And I also know a Ishmael.....

• Aztec
    Aztec

I went to high school with two brothers named Levi and Micah who were Jewish. I'd be surprised to see any dubs name their kids Jesus. I knew a couple of Brooklyn's growing up though.

~Aztec

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

I remember years ago at a circuit assembly, there was a new family introduced on the stage. I believe they were newly baptized, and originally form Mexico.

The father's name was Jesus, though he didn't quite pronounce it like we were used to hearing it.

The funny thing was when he said his name, there was like this instant stiffening, and quiet gasp from the audience ...."He called himself Jesus !!! " Too funny.

• smack
    smack

Sister has a nephew called Levi. Not jewish tho, mix of Dutch and German

Steve

• sens
    sens
    Sister has a nephew called Levi.

I luv that name....

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

In Texas, we had a lot of Jesuses-pronounced hay-soos. Common name among Spanish speaking folks. Here in New England, I know a Micah, a Levi, one guy who's middle name is Malachi. A few others. Remember, this is the land of the Puritans, and they looooove those biblical names. I don't mind it, but tend to prefer something more original (my cat is Shushilla Bai!)

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I knew some JW's with weird names, but the worst ones were : Paradise and Resurrection.

I can't imagine going through life with names like that.

Walter

• sidney
    sidney

We know someone called Noah, his family weren't witnesses when he was born though, I found it quite amusing when I first met him. But having an unusual name is cool , I should know!! one day you may get to know it but for now, I am keeping anonoymous!!! Sidney

• Mulan
    Mulan

All but one of our four kids have Bible names. Duh! I love their names though............Stephen, Rachel and Daniel. The other one is Randall.

If I were naming babies now, I would use some of my ancestor surnames, a wonderful custom I learned doing my genealogy research.

I would have had a Maxfield (called Max), Riley (boy or girl), Estes and pick another somewhere back there. (Strong, Patterson, Smith, Hyde, Gifford)

Speaking of genealogy, many of my ancestors in the Mass/Maine area were Quakers, and gave their children names of qualities like: Experience, Wealthy, Thankful, Gratitude, Patience, Simplicity, Content, Freelove, Freegift, Wait, Charity, Constant, Humility, Deliverance, Temperance, Hope, and my "favorite" ..............Preserved.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit