Sex,Sex, and more Sex????

by morty 26 Replies latest jw friends

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

ESTEE...... I bet they werent sexless till they got married.

Hate to break it to you, but they probably werent as good as you think

:)

• Ghosthunter
    Ghosthunter

Let me speak from EXPERIENCE. Condoms are not as effective as everyone thinks they are and I agree with the post that you need to start talking to your kids about sex as young as 10 or 12. Let me LAY IT ON THE LINE.......I am a 39 year old grandmother of an almost one year old baby girl fathered by my (now) 17 year old son. We figured out he was probably 15 when she was conceived. We TALKED to him about sex and gave him condoms as well. If they want to do it, they're going to do it.

I love my grand-child with all my heart but I know from experience what is in store for my son.

• moonwillow
    moonwillow

Don't just focus on sex and the use of condums. When we talked to our kids it was done as a family over a period of weeks. We talked about race, religion, drugs, smoking, teasing, sex and a ton of other things. The kids had some very good questions they brought into the discussions. Be open and honest from the start it will build trust and they will feel they can come to you with any sort of question.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

What moonwillow said.

Also check your public library for a book called About Your Sexuality, which was prepared by the Unitarian Universalist association for sex education in UU churches in 1971. It went through several editions and has been updated into a program for all ages (jr. high through old age ) called Our Whole Lives. O.W.L. is only available in/through UU churches, but the older book, still valuable though a bit of a mind-blower, has surfaced in public libraries.

And, when the equation of "my kids" + "sexually active" no longer gives you hives ...

http://www.positive.org/JustSayYes/

http://www.scarleteen.com/

There's a lot of good stuff in here about how to jangle those nerve endings without risking disease or pregnancy. Also a get-real discussion of abstinence "without the dogma."

"Abstinence is the only safe sex." If you are abstaining from sex, that simply isn't true, because abstinence isn't any sex at all. Masturbation is safe sex. So is celibacy, because it is sex without a partner. So is phone sex. You get my drift.

Click here to read the rest.

GentlyFeral

• morty
    morty

GENTLYFERAL,

THANKS FOR YOUR WEBLINKS......THEY WERE VERY HELPFUL....

AND TO EVERYONE ELSE, THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR INPUT. THIS IS VERY

MUCH A DIFFRENT STAGE IN MY LIFE ON PARENTING.....DOES IT GET ANY

EASYER?....GEEZZ AND I THOUGHT RELIGION WAS A TOUGH SUBJECT!

MORTONS68

• Mac
    Mac
  • ESTEE
    ESTEE

CHEVYNTATS:

ESTEE...... I bet they werent sexless till they got married. Hate to break it to you, but they probably werent as good as you think :)
    LOL!!! I know!!!Funny ain't it...? How righteous they got since I got myself df'd ...?

ESTEE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit