Anybody here still believe in the bible?

by Mel Morris 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I think it is good for XJWs to also try not to be so bias when examining peoples concerns and try to see things from their perspective. Not so ready to jump on them when they write something that we disagree with and try to present our understanding it in a way that stimulates thinking in the one that disagrees with our ideas. It is a real challenge I know o so well.

• blownaway
    blownaway

I believe there are some facts in the bible. Like there was a temple.

• krismalone
    krismalone

Just the first 3 chapters of the bible are enough to convince anyone that cares about evidence and truth if it's trustworthy or not.

Chapters 1 & 2 contradict each other in the order of creation.

Chapter 3 has a talking snake that is told to eat dust and a loving God who has to test his children by having a forbidden tree.

It's no wonder why strong faith is necessary to believe in this book.

The rest of the bible is even worst as God approves of hate, murder, genocide, kidnapping girls, rape, incest, blessing adultery, lying.......it's worst than a rated R movie.

• steve2
    steve2

Mel you sound more naive than I think you really are. You well know that if the Witnesses you are studying with learned you were accessing sites by ex-JWs they would be very unsettled and likely think differently about you. Whether the Bible is or is not God’s word is less relevant here than your double-dipping when you know JW organization constantly warns about the dangers of the internet.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

No early first Century Christian ever talked about being a Witness of Jehovah ....NONE

• jhine
    jhine

Hi , l am a Trinity believing Anglican and have never been a JW . l can discuss the reasons why l would never be a JW if you like .

Jan

• Room 215
    Room 215

Hi Mel, welcome to the forum.. "as you know, the congregation has a culture of fear that impacts trust and openness, especially concerning biblical doctrine or the societies teachings."

Well said, friend...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit