Introducing myself.

by Makaveli 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Makaveli
    Makaveli

Hi.

I have contributed a few posts over the last 24 hours, and keeping with the apparent tradition I guess I should introduce myself.

I am an ex-dubite, after twenty years slaving for the organization.

I decided to call it quits roughly only one year ago this month, after a spur of the moment decision never to go again. The thought of it obviously crossed my mind before, but rather than fade away I just disapeared forever. No word from the elders, no word from the so called loving brotherhood that is so hyped up through the pages of the Watchtower.

I was never a good dub. No matter how much I tried, I just couldn't do it. I had no influence on the board of directors (the elders) so I never received any kind of special treatment, and I was always unlucky with the ladies as they didn't want to know an unbaptized spiritually divided cleaner of a brother.

Towards the end of my reign in the so called truth, I began to have serious doubts. I heard the news about the United Nations, which shocked me deeply... who would have thought the organization could do such a thing ??? Obviously, we now know they are capable of lots more.

I began to see the hypocrisy at the Kingdom Hall for what it really was. I had a serious run in with somebody in a 'position of authority' and that was it. I couldn't forgive... I shall never forget.

Now, I'm a billy no mates. lol.... you may laugh, but it is true. My friends, or so called one time friends, have deserted me because I have left. My whole life was the WT, and when I left obviously I lost everything. Its hard to rebuild, but I guess I will have to try.

After that short but extreemly boring low down, I shall end this highly unspectacular entrance with some wise words that I heard one time, which I shall not forget.

Stick to the plan, man. Just do your work, and shut the hell up.

Very useful when you have worked in some of the places I have worked in.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Hi Makaveli!

Welcome to the board.

• blondie
    blondie

Welcome Makaveli. Are you are prince too?

It is better to be feared than loved, if you cannot be both.
    - The Prince [Tyranny]

Blondie

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface
    Now, I'm a billy no mates. lol....

Not anymore somehow now ... Welcome !!!and please don't shut up ...

• onacruse
    onacruse

Hello Mak!

My whole life was the WT, and when I left obviously I lost everything. Its hard to rebuild, but I guess I will have to try.

I was in the same condition when I came here a year ago...like a scarecrow twisting in the wind.

This db, and the incredible friends I've met here, have been a life-saver. Savor the freedom

btw, avishai has our contact info...if you get up/over/down this way, check in, eh?

Craig & Kate

• invictus
    invictus

Welcome to the board Makaveli,

It is hard in the beggining but I am sure you`ll be just fine. I wish you all the best.

invictus

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Welcome to the board Makaveli,

glad you woke up. Yes it does take time to rebuild. But in the long run it is better to find real friends than temps!

j2bf

• caballoSentado
    caballoSentado

Welcome Makaveli.

You can friends here, even if some live in a different country or continent! (like me)

Have a nice day
    Caballo Sentado

• Badger
    Badger

Welcome, Mak!

You'll like it here...you learn a lot on a place like this.

Blondie:

It is better to be feared than loved, if you cannot be both.
    - The Prince [Tyranny]

I think we all know C.O.'s that live by these words.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Hello Makaveli,

Onacruse,

I came here a year ago...like a scarecrow twisting in the wind

Scarecrow twisting in the wind? Interesting image.

Invictus

Hello and welcome to you too. I notice you have been here all of five days. Good to have you here.

Steve Jst2

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit