Doors you were afraid to knock on

by JH 28 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

When you were in the field service, were there some doors that you did NOT want to knock on, by fear?

In my city there is a Hells Angels bunker and that group is called the "Nomads". A door I would not knock on in any circumstance.

That bunker was not in my territory, but I heard brothers say that they did knock on their door. Imagine having to speak into a microphone at the gate to ask to speak about God. Imagine the gate opening up and being invited inside the bunker to talk about God.

I would have skipped that privilege if that was in my territory.

Where there any doors that you refused to knock on?

• Dimples
    Dimples

Basically for me, I just used common sense. If it didn't feel right or look right, I just wouldn't go and knock on the door. Sometimes when a home was way in back or the yard was covered in bushes, I would refuse to go. If the brother or sister insisted on going....well, I told them I would wait for them. If they didn't want to go alone, they would mark it as a rv and go another time.

Dimples

• oldcrowwoman
    oldcrowwoman

For me they were ALL of them!!

• blondie
    blondie

I would not go to doors that had "no trespassing" signs or "no Jehovah's Witness" signs. I'm not blind or stupid.

If someone showed me their gun, I would leave too.

I did chicken out at big dog houses and farms with geese on the loose. Ever been bitten by a goose?

Otherwise I called on everyone, Wiccans, bikers, ministers, cops, half-way houses, groups homes for the mentally ill/developmentally disabled, etc. Actually, that was easier than going to the KH and wonder what half-truths certain sisters had told the elders about you this time.

Blondie

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Any doors that had them stickers on them that said "Jesus Christ is Lord" or "Thank God for Jesus" "Carpenter requires Joiners" or CH--RCH.....what is missing? UR. I just knew we were gonna be there for the best part of an hour, with no-body really listening on either side.

• jwbot
    jwbot

I hated field service and knocking on ANY door, but if I knew a classmate lived there...oh boy did I have anxiety attacks!

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Yep.... I couldn't stand going to a door when it was someone I knew from school or work. Other than that I hated the other doors equally.

• shera
    shera
    For me they were ALL of them!!

Me too...

• garybuss
    garybuss

I knocked on a door of a run down house in a block of all commercial buildings one Sunday morning that had a sign on it that said, "Friends Of Bill W".

• ikhandi
    ikhandi

I didn't go to houses with pit bulls. That is like asking for some trouble.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit