Was Satan Cast Out of Heaven in 1914?

by Kenneson 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Norkissos,

I notice you're a Newbie. I didn't have the opportunity to welcome you until now.

Bienvenue!

• heathen
    heathen

According to JWs Christ established his Kingdom in the heavens in 1914 and subsequently cast Satan out of heaven then. And they point to Rev. 12:7-9 for "proof." However, Rev. 12:7-9 mentions Michael the archangel as doing that feat; neither Christ nor 1914 are mentioned.

Kenneson--- The WTBTS teaches that jesus is michael the arch angel . They do present an interesting argument .

• oldcrowwoman
    oldcrowwoman

It certainly was before my time!!

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Heathen,

Yes, I am aware of that. This is currently being discussed on this forum at

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/59530/1.ashx

• *lost*
    *lost*

How could Jesus be in Heaven in 30ce and yet still be on the earth ? He was baptised. He went into the wilderness for forty days and nights, the Devil came to him to try to temp him when he was in his weakened state. He went back to heaven when he was killed.

LUKE: 10v18, he (Jesus) replied, '' I saw Satan fall like lightening from heaven.....

Also apparently Jesus is NOT the archangel Michael.

Contrary to what the WT org has taught for the last 100 yrs.

So who is right, the Bible or the WT org.

much study to do.

• mP
    mP

lost:

Of Michael isnt hes another demi god. Christians want to believe there are only 3 main heavenly Gods, Jehovah, Jesus and Satan when in fact there are zillions. Every different name is a different god of course, jjust like El, El Shaddai, Adonai etc are all different gods in the OT and everyone now pretends they are the same god so they can be monothestic.

• mP
    mP

lost:

Of Michael isnt hes another demi god. Christians want to believe there are only 3 main heavenly Gods, Jehovah, Jesus and Satan when in fact there are zillions. Every different name is a different god of course, jjust like El, El Shaddai, Adonai etc are all different gods in the OT and everyone now pretends they are the same god so they can be monothestic.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Thanks MP for bumping this topic to the top again.

Personally, I believe that Christ was enthroned when he went back to heaven in 33/34 c.e. His general Michael the Archangel cleansed the heavens and the kingdom was established at that time, not 1914. Jesus is not an angel; Heb 1:13

Col 1:13 The apostle Paul is referring to the kingdom already being established.

Here is something else that MOST JW's don't even know!!! [Unless they've watched Snarky's video] They actually believe there are 2 KINGDOMS!!!

IT-2 pg 169 “The

Ten days after Jesus’ ascension to heaven, on Pentecost of 33 C.E., his disciples had evidence that he had been “exalted to the right hand of God” when Jesus poured out holy spirit upon them. (Ac 1:8, 9; 2:1-4, 29-33) The “new covenant” thus became operative toward them, and they became the nucleus of a new “holy nation,” spiritual Israel.—Heb 12:22-24; 1Pe 2:9, 10; Ga 6:16.

Kingdom of the Son of His Love.”

Christ was now sitting at his Father’s right hand and was the Head over this congregation. (Eph 5:23; Heb 1:3; Php 2:9-11) The Scriptures show that from Pentecost 33 C.E. onward, a spiritual kingdom was set up over his disciples. When writing to first-century Christians at Colossae, the apostle Paul referred to Jesus Christ as already having a kingdom: “[God] delivered us from the authority of the darkness and transferred us into the kingdom of the Son of his love.”—Col 1:13; compare Ac 17:6, 7.

“Kingdom of Our Lord and of His Christ.” It is “our Lord,” the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, who asserts his authority over “the kingdom of the world,” setting up a new expression of his sovereignty toward our earth. He gives to his Son, Jesus Christ, a subsidiary share in that Kingdom, so that it is termed “the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ.” This Kingdom is of greater proportions and bigger dimensions than “the kingdom of the Son of his love,” spoken of at Colossians 1:13. “The kingdom of the Son of his love” began at Pentecost 33 C.E. and has been over Christ’s anointed disciples; “the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ” is brought forth at the end of “the appointed times of the nations” and is over all mankind on earth.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

I hate to break it to all of you, but Jesus actually began to rule in 1878:

Jv chap.28 p.632 Testing and Sifting From Within

Based on the premise that events of the first century might find parallels in related events later, they also concluded that if Jesus’ baptism and anointing in the autumn of 29 C.E. paralleled the beginning of an invisible presence in 1874, then his riding into Jerusalem as King in the spring of 33 C.E. would point to thespring of 1878 as the time when he would assume his power as heavenly King

-----

I don't believe that...but neither does the Watchtower (anymore). Isn't "New Light" wonderful?

Whatever I say today is absolute truth. If I change it and say something different tomorrow, then that's absolute truth. Confused yet?

When the new 7-15-13 WT comes out, most of the previous 1914 crap goes out the window, too!
  • wantingtruth

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit