Bonsai Kitty

by suzi mayhem 84 Replies latest jw friends

• suzi mayhem
    suzi mayhem

Ok.. I know I've been a bit of a buster in the past, but this is for real. There is a site out there, and apparently a demand, for modified housepets.
    In a nutshell, what these ahem... [people] do is take a kitten, sedate it, insert the poor thing into a glass bottle with air holes drilled into it, and run tubes into it to feed it, and tubes into it to take care of everything else.
    They even have a website to tell you all about it...

http://www.bonsaikitten.com/bkmethod.html

And if you don't believe me, here's the picsa to prove it.

http://www.bonsaikitten.com/gray.html

http://www.bonsaikitten.com/bnw.html

It was bad enough that women had to undergo it due to the times and the "fashions" of the darker ages, but animals don't know any better, and quite frankly, it's just disgusting.
    My suggestion would be to let them know at the site exactly what you think, and save those poor cats.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

When my friends cat passed, I ordered him one of the cylindrical ones as a gift.

Slipnslidemaster: Doin' the humpty hump...just doin' the humpty hump...

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

I'm on an e-mail list for feral cat caretakers, and this site has come up in conversation several times. It is actually a parody site that was originally set up by some students at MIT. The ASPCA and other humane organization originally put a lot of pressure on the ISPs to shut the site down, even though it was a parody, because of the possible harm that might come to animals if people decided to try this for themselves. The site was shut down temporarily, but came back again on another domain, and quite a few mirror sites were also formed.

The consensus right now is to avoid giving them any attention at all, and hopefully the site will just fade away. They are looking for reactions, and as long as they get them, they will continue. I just hope that no one actually tries this.

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

That is freakin' twisted. Not even mildy amusing. Sick! Even though it's a parody, there are enough whacky unbalanced pychopaths out there who I'm sure would try something so evil! Geeeez.

• dark clouds
    dark clouds

Suzi
    thanks for bringing this my attention yesterday and for putting it out there where hopefully we will get some animal lovers to do the right thing and shut this guy down.

it is inhumane and there really is no justification for cruelty as such

for those of you who may have noticed this is happening in New York CIty

I believe this needs to be bought to the attention of Giuliani

he has some jurisdiction over this since he was approved by a New York City judge to have his Art Censorship Coalition established about 3 weeks ago.

yes for those who do not know this
    Giuliani, mayor of NYC, is a moral nazi
    he began his art censorship crusade about a year or so ago
    when a painting of the "virgin" was presented with elephant dung smeared on the canvas

that was the mayor's trigger
    and it caused all kinds of controversy
    as it stands an artist may need the Coalitions approval to display his/her art if it is considered questionable
    this is bullshit and a direct infringement of our freedom of expression here in the states
    think about this. . . .
    he had his ACC established so as to not offend the morals of the citizens of NYC

if a painting caused so much chaos
    im sure with the right approach this loser will stop abusing these kittens

art is art and an expression
    but not at the cost of animal cruelty
    the only expression there would be sadism. . .

i am currently seeking the an address for the mayor if anyone gets to it before i do please post it
    thank you
    CHUCK

• dark clouds
    dark clouds

RHW

hey i just posted and saw your reply, so i am back
    ok im glad it is a hoax and not the real thing but this kind of stuff can cause all kinds of people to attempt it themselves if they already have a subscription to ISSUES

i am firm believer of self expression but this is WAY too far and i think it needs to be shut down PERMANENTLY
    i love the grotesque and the dark and anything off the wall but not at the expense of life . . .
    this kitten looked pretty much alive in there and i wonder if during the making of the hoax an actual kitten was hurt

just in case i think knowing that ther is a way to shut them down it can be done and it should be done
    children should not come across pictures of this hoax or not

• Seeker
    Seeker

Ugh, not that site again. How long will it take for people to see it's a parody site? Don't like the humor, don't read the site, it's as simple as that.

I mean, humor is subjective. Most humor is of the form What-Should-Not-Happen, or What-Is-The-Unlikely-Outcome. The Bonsai Kitty site is hilarious, for it takes a real habit and turns it on its ear and takes it to a horrific conclusion. But again, if this is not your cup of tea, don't read it.

Trying to censor it is the disgusting part. What is wrong with us who have come out of a system that censors ideas if we want to do the same? Free speech is only true if you defend speech that you despise. Otherwise it's no good.

And forget the But-The-Kids-Will-Imitate-This argument. If we eliminate everything in the universe that kids will imitate, we will have a sterile world. Instead, teach your kids common sense and they will not only not try something this elaborate and cruel, but they will know it's a joke in the first place.

• jezebel influence
    jezebel influence

If you read the letters in bonsai kittens mail page you will see it is supposed to be a joke -they mention that babies and boyfriends dont have bones as soft as kittens and you cant get the same effect.

But it is indeed sick and there are people out there who are mental enough to try this,or be motivated to do other stupid things after reading this.

Animal cruelty is no joke.
    jez

• Seeker
    Seeker

I agree, animal cruelty is no joke and should never be tolerated. Which is why I find humor based on that so funny, for it's not real. If it were real, I wouldn't find it a bit funny.

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

I have a great sense of humor, some people might even say a sick sense of humor...however this page should have a disclaimer on it's main page STATING that it is a parody, because there are enough MORONS out there who would actually try something like that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit