What holidays are they talking about?

by carla 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

The Catholic church has a lot of days that other Christian religions don't have. Feast days, etc. In more densely populated areas with large Jewish populations get Yom Kippur and Roshanah off from school and work. There are other days for Hindus and Muslims (Ramadan).

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Don`t forget to have a VB,Fosters ,Carlton draught or any other true blue Ozzie beer zeb mate.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

And what about festivus? The holiday for the rest of us?

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

And what about festivus? The holiday for the rest of us?

nowwhat? ...

You beat me to the punch. Exactly what I was going to ask.

But I guess some could argue that Festivus is a pagan holiday dating back many years to the time of Seinfeld... (lol)

Rub a Dub

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

First, money spent on worshiping the sun cannot be wasted on donations. And, the time wasted in field circus--you cannot be out in field circus while you are opening presents. They also do not want children having anything better to do after field circus--why risk cutting it short so they can have fun?

The other holidays are also "too much fun". Pagan they may be, they are good fun. I remember Christmas for the fun we had around that day, not as a sun-worship festival (done right, it does honor the sun). Easter and Halloween were also fun holidays. And setting up the lights and other decorations for these holidays sure beats doing field circus, plus it is more fun for those around. And yes, many hounders are strict that anything that is the least associated with any holiday is grounds for a full judicial hearing (and, if they try me on that, I hope they are ready for me to explain, in German (a language that hardly anyone around here understands), that these holidays should be celebrated because they are pagan, not in spite of it.

Or, that it is good to be proud of your nation if they are not corrupted. I respect the original Constitution of the country I am from, and along with it the flag of my country. I do not like Rothschild-based subversion, or subversion from the churches. As such, holidays that honor those who tried to make this country great (along with any other country, if I find myself in such country) are worth celebrating. If the hounders try contesting it, I hope they are ready to hear it in a language they do not understand (and if they do understand German, chances are good that they understand no Sanskrit).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit