A Salute to Petra/Atlantis

by Slidin Fast 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Whilst I have never quite understood whether Petra and Atlantis are one or multiple entities I recognise the value of their work and web of contacts.

I think it is fair to say that no-one has consistently contributed more solid gold intelligence to this site. No one has reliably passed on more bomb shells and solid news as well as day to day minutiae. They are the WT world Reuters, reliable, unimpeachable, in fact never a sniff of "fake news"

Now it seems that due to disrespect from certain members of this site, they have had enough and are hanging up their lap tops. I cannot believe that anyone who knows their work and the risks they take would do anything but treat this probably irreplaceable source with any thing but the utmost honour.

I hope that on reflection that they feel able to reverse this decision but in any case I take my hat off to the backbone of this site.

• amiable atheist
    amiable atheist

Kim & Mikey on the scandalous flack Atlantis & Petra have received on social media by allegedly none other than Marc O Donnell, a somewhat famous activist of the exjw community. I haven't fact checked it yet, I just watched the first 5 minutes, and hopped on this site to find this fresh post ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCB4Hq-g0gQ

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

What the hell is going on?????

My blood pressure just hit the roof when I saw that post!

Pleeeeeeese I beg of you Atlantis and Petra DONT pay Marc any mind he's not the brightest spark and says some pretty lame things (Cedars often has to reign him in, in a nice way).

I'm begging you both. Please.

I remember when Covert fade was trully obnoxious to BCG the abuse survivor from The Australian Royal Commission ....what is it with the arrogance of these guys??? They get too big for their boots!!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Amen to Sliding Fast post.

Atlantis/Petra ,please reconsider , this has come as a shock to me.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Amen to Smiddy3.

Some years ago I was a firsthand recipient to Atlantis' generosity.

I can't remember the exact item, but he sent me a CD/ DVD of some relevant Watchtower data -- this via U.S. postage -- all at his expense. Wouldn't take a dime reimbursement for mailing, CD cost, and the cost of his time.

While I can't remember the specifics, I will never forget a generous act of a person behind the Atlantis handle.

Len Miller

• JeffT
    JeffT

What the guys above me said.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Same feelings here for Atlantis & Petra.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I too am not sure what the hale is going on! But please rest assured Atlantis, Petra & Company a ton of your supporters on this forum have got your back!

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Many thanks for the hard work and dedication.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''I too am not sure what the hale is going on! But please rest assured Atlantis, Petra & Company a ton of your supporters on this forum have got your back!''

I second that big-big time. This has just totally come as a complete shock to all of us. Just totally floored to learn of these developments.
    God bless Atlantis and Petra!!
    Yes. Some people just don't know what they've had, until they've lost it. So true. So sad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit