Over population

by mickbobcat 35 Replies latest social current

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

So I see some very counter intuitive videos on how there is no over population issue. That the world will grow to about 11 billion and stop. Well that would be the first time in human history that population just stopped. Second 11 billion is unsustainable. Heck we are using most all the worlds arable land now. We are having fresh water issues and its running out. Closed aquifers are going to dry up at the rates we are using all reserves. I have heard some idiot religions and they are all idiot religions say that the earth can hold infinite humans. That is as stupid a thing as I have heard come from any religion. Over population is due to Oil, the cheap easy energy that does so much work for us, advancements in medicine and technology. We are in uncharted waters here.

The world has more and more people chasing ever fewer and fewer resources.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Hm.

I guess Thanos was right, after all.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

The Earth is over populated. I will help by volunteering to stay on the first Moon colony until the first Mars colony is established.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Wow.

With magnanimity that big, you'll leave room for at least three people.

Good on ya.

• waton
    waton
    I will help by volunteering to stay on the first Moon colony until the first Mars colony is established.

tbk: you will be a very homesick puppy. and we will yearn for the open spaces too, if we ever develop the technology to cleanly accommodate that many billions.

Big mistake of the advanced nations to not tie birth control to providing disease control. now the prolific procreators do not have their ranks rinsed.

• Steel
    Steel
    The entire developed world is breeding under replacement rates with second world greatly reducing its fertility rates over the last 20 years. ( Iran, Thailand, Brazil etc etc ) . Outside of Africa and the some countries in the middle east, I don't think it is that big an issue.
  • pistolpete
    pistolpete

Sooner or later some Billionaire is going to come up with a plan to cull the human population.

Oh Wait------Bill Gates!

Cull = To select animals from a group and then kill them in order to reduce the numbers of the group in a controlled manner.

• waton
    waton
    I don't think it is that big an issue.

steel: we have managed to nearly ruin this planet, driving it to the tipping point with just a few billion of us. growth in numbers and consumption has to stop. voluntarily. because it will, one way or another imho.

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

Waton it most certainly will. if not by disease then by starvation or catastrophe.

• waton
    waton

mbc yes, the crowded places , like this planet will are always hit hardest by disease, starvation and catastrophe.

I read it wrong at first. I thought: did you say salvation?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit