Bible pssssges that are immoral - Lot offering his virgin daughters to be gang raped by homosexual males

by jambon1 30 Replies latest jw friends

• jambon1
    jambon1

Tell me me more about your just & loving god.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

We really don't know who God is. The evidence in every day life points to an egomaniac, nasty entity.

Based on what I have experienced thus far, do not feel very motivated to respect much less worship.

DY

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

"Immoral" is putting it mildly. At best it is a perverted book. At worst a perpetrated confusion of chauvinistic lies, deceipt, and illogical fallacies foisted on countless generations of gullible believers in fables and the illusion of an afterlife.

• jambon1
    jambon1

Let's not forget David having adulterous sex and his punishment being the death of the baby.

God is so just and er, sound in mind.

Sheesh.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

You'll find tamer stuff in a Lars Von Trier movie.

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

It makes me understand when the bible says they did this "to offend" Jehovah. Of course! Me too!

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Lot offering his virgin daughters to be gang raped by homosexual males

Is that supposed to be worse than later in the same story Lot getting them both pregnant?

• Nevuela
    Nevuela

Is that supposed to be worse than later in the same story Lot getting them both pregnant?

His daughters took advantage of him, not the other way around. They got him drunk with the intention of having sex with him and impregnating themselves. They coerced him with alcohol.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Of course we are talking about the structure of fictional story, not true events. If they are stories with noble ethics no wonder the world is so screwed up. Created in his image is right.

• zeb
    zeb

and the sadness is that the wts uses the 'old' scriptures as rules to hard and fast dominate the lives of the rank & file today.

I can not recall hearing a program devoted to the gospels or the life of the Christ.

But guilt trips a plenty, man made rules (which are later flipped over) and bloody minded denials are legion.

I am ever thankful I never brought anyone 'into the jw fold and that my offspring want none of it.

and as for the story of Lot and his daughters.. sheesh! What was the value of such a vile thing being said or recorded? what lesson would the wt make of that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit