Adoption by Jehovah's Witnesses is blocked

by expatbrit 72 Replies latest jw friends

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I've used this story on the DNC site (not finished yet but coming along nicely).

I've built a poll to go along with it - perhaps you'd like to oblige and enter your views?

I would also appreciate some feedback on the 'feel' of the site. It shouldn't be too ex-dub as it's really for the public.

There are also some favours I'd like to ask but I'll save that for another thread!

Cheers!
    Nic'

. http://www.do-not-call.org

workgroup applications to:
    . http://communities.msn.co.uk/donotcall

• rutht
    rutht

Dear Lupylu,

I find your comments very interesting, and I was curious as to whether you are a jw or have relatives that are jw. Also, you mentioned Chicago, and I wondered if you lived close to the Windy City.
    Thanks,
    Rutht

• Tina
    Tina

Greetings,
    The kudos belong to the medical community for developing alternate therapies,not the jws.
    Speaking from medical history(do check it out) there were many other reasons for these developments. To pat Jw's on the back 'as the significant'(twv) reason for these developments is not quite true. Tina

• philo
    philo

twvsnt,

::But when this very same organization plays a significant part, not the whole part, but some part in the invention of Blood-less surgeries and other bloodless issues, all people will say is the WBTS is a horrible organization and forget some of the postive influenes it has made in some peoples lives!!

So according to you, a good by-product of the Watchtower's policies has been non-blood therapy. I do not accept this. Good may have come out of doctors developing new techniques as they operated on individual Jehovah's Witnesses. Good may have come out of the deaths of many individual Jehovah's Witnesses (even if they were too young to understand what they were really dying for) because doctors passed on new knowledge for the next time. If you are looking for somebody to congratulate for non-blood therapy then why not the medical profession? Or what about the Jehovah's Witnesses who have died through massive blood loss, why not praise them? Instead you want the Watchtower Society to be praised.

Would you praise the WWII German government because of the good that came out of death-camp medical research? No? But surely it was that government's policy toward the Poles, Jews, gypsies, homosexuals, JWs… that facilitated the many medical advancements the Nazis made during that time. So those evil policies contributed some good after all. Is this something to be happy about? Are we supposed to thank God for the good that came from Hitler and WWII? Of course not. Neither should anyone congratulate the Watchtower Society for demanding, at pain of disfellowshipping, that JWs cannot accept blood transfusions.

What will I do when they the no-blood policy is finally abandoned? Of course I'll be happy about that. But it won't make me praise the Watchtower Society any.

philo

• LupyLu
    LupyLu

This is Lupy Lu again. I love the remarks and the assumption that I or a family member is a JW. What I am is a student of human nature. I've been an investigator for years. I'm also a very positive person. I have opinions of many things, but I just don't think slamming issues down is the answer. I look into how I can make a difference to a positive. For example, I know smoking is bad... I hate it! But why should I go and disparage the cigarette companies when instead I can look into how I can help people quit smoking; and help the young kids to not start smoking. Eventually, there will be no business for these companies to continue operating. It’s business. But what will we gain trying to close down these companies in protest when we ignore the important human need?

I guess it's who we are, how we've been raised, our culture, gained positive knowledge (and the thirst for it) and all that stuff that makes up our way of thinking. In regards to my father, he has worked in the medical field for years and knows too much about the blood handling and testing of it. Again, he's retired and no longer knows the local reports on the blood issues. He knows about the alternatives and the research behind the alternatives. He didn’t learn about the JW’s until he started looking into legally requesting that he never be saved w/a blood transfusion.

Anyway, I entered this message board because of the adoption comment. I'm ending this with you now. I saw this 20/20 special on Romanian babies. I'll be taking my energies elsewhere now. Bye!

• kenyata
    kenyata

Why would adoption be blocked? If a couple can't conceive a child
    on their own, why can't they give a child a stable home?

• orbison
    orbison

oh good i am happy luppy lu saw the show 20/20 on the babies,,,
    now when she sees the show Dateline on the harbouring of pedophiles in the organization of JW's, she will then turn her energies to helping those children also

wendy

• Agape
    Agape

Thanks for your first post to this site. I am sure that you are aware that there is a debate about JWs and their stand on the issue of blood transfusions. Do people who would let an adoptive child die if "need be" make good parents is the issue. What do you think? We all look forward to your response.

Agape

• kenyata
    kenyata

Even if my mother wasn't a JW's, I'd still be against blood trans
    fusions. I'd take the fake blood anyday. When you see cases where
    a person gets a blood transfusion and years later, they find out
    they have some kind of disease and they've possibly passed it on to
    their kids, no thanks.

Hurray for that.

• nelly136
    nelly136

blood issue aside, the childs been given away once it will probably have issues when its older as to why it wasnt wanted etc, is it fair to put it into a family that will probably only accept it as long as its a jw, if jw chldren of their own flesh and blood are disposable/throwaway, whats the point of giving them someone elses?
    nelly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit