Watchtower is cashing in on China

by nakanozzi 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    yes Amber Scorahs blog was very interesting, the extent of her going to a country "where the need is great" was teaching English in Shanghai hanging around internet cafes and trying to "witness" to her pupils or in the internet cafes, a very high risk and volatile strategy and one that is met with very little success indeed, her contact with any so called indigenous Chinese jw's was non existent and it was'nt that long ago.
  • ttdtt
    ttdtt

No worries STUCKINARUT2 :) All good.
    I am into precision of speech:) Lots when you are an organization of 8 million is tens of thousands. If you don't put your statements into context like "I knew 10 who went in the last 4 years" then "lots" can mean something different to different people.

I have been around forever in a very populated area and I don't know anyone who went to china to preach.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

What a great plan to disappear!! I'm going to to China to preach.... If you don't hear from me, it's because I have to be careful. Meanwhile....

DD 😍

• Bonsai
    Bonsai
    "Lots" of Japanese sisters go to China to preach. They all want to escape from the suppressive culture and conformity of Japan. They either go to Nepal or China. I've heard stories from those who came back to work and save money (or renew their visa) that once inside China the government is very lax about religion - especially Christianity. It's not at all far fetched what Nakanoji is reporting. The Watchtower gets their tentacles wrapped around China, Nepal, and recently Myanmar by first establishing small businesses (like portable drinking water tanks etc.) that reel in the support of wealthy individuals who are empathetic to JWism.
  • Backinthebox
    Backinthebox
    Half the s.p's there have been taken off like the rest of the world in January. Of the 10 thousand or so j.w's there its mainly koreans and japenese living off their parents money. But there is also a big growth percentage wise compared with the western world.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

All good ttdtt.

Yes in that context I see your point.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart
    oh well if its true then we might see the GB stop making so may cuts that they have made in the past and possibly start spending more money in new things in the meantime the trolley dolleys that i have contact with will carry on giving out 5 and 10 year old teaching books
  • zeb
    zeb
    "They are not officially supported by the society though..." and have probably been told to say that if they are detained.
  • talesin
    talesin

Reading this thread, and contemplating the topic, it seems very possible that China could be an area the JWS will focus on. There are a lot of new capitalists in China, and lots of bux.

Last year, when I did some research, I discovered the Society (TM) was encouraging travel to Israel. Through use of travel visas, JWS would spend whatever time (6 weeks? I don't know Israeli regs) doing 'undercover' preaching work. This was extremely dangerous, duh, it's ISRAEL. There was another country I read about, was it Malaysia?, where JWS were deported for being discovered doing the same activity.

KH's are in private homes. That is one way the law is subverted; ie, breaking Caesar's Laws (TM) in the name of Theocratic Warfare (TM). It could be the same in China.

It would not surprise me at all, to find out that the same kind of illegal and deceptive preaching work (and dangerous! think of what has been happening in Tibet since the Chinese takeover) is being 'encouraged'. Student visas would be a great excuse, providing 4 years of opportunity, it boggles the mind.

Here's a viable set-up for JW subversion of Chinese laws. What about TESL teachers? TESL is a 2-year certification, with only HS requirement for entry. Imagine JW families in China, sponsoring a young TESL teacher who is also JW - all undercover... running a TESL school for Chinese children of wealthier families. Works for me.

Time to do a bit of looking around the net, to see what they are saying on travel blogs and such.

• Stirred
    Stirred

I smuggled literature from Hk to Beijing. Met the underground foreign group...It was growing back then so can imagine it is growing now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit