Ouija Board - Does It Really Work?

by Black Man 59 Replies latest jw friends

• foreword
    foreword

Playing ouija board was for a while a daily event at our house, many years before our contact with witnesses. One evening, my sister and a friend were playing with the board, I was there just watching (about 12 years old). A lot of stuff was said but at one point it made a remark about me to which I struck the pointer and it landed on the floor. It didn't want to talk anymore, so the question was asked why? It said it wouldn't work as long as I was in the room, so I left and it worked. After a few minutes I walked into the room, it stopped, I did this a few times, so it was agreed that I would stay out. Finally I sat on the floor next to the door, just outside the room. Next to the door was a big chair, and from there my sister or her friend couldn't see me. I would just put the tip of my finger through the door, and it would stop. I did this a few times just to annoy my sister and her friend cause everytime it would stop.

My sister, who at the time had no motive to prove it was demons or not, will attest to the fact that the conversations were getting more and more sexual, to the point where she says she was harassed sexually by a spirit one night (ask her), the reason why the board was thrown out. Of course when we became witnesses we attributed all this to demons, but at the time it did scare the shit out of her.

I really don't know if it's just the imagination that drives this thing, could be. And my sister's testimony? I don't know either. But the question remains for me, how the hell did it (or they) know I was putting my finger in the room.

Things that make you go "Hummm"

• kls
    kls

Her in Wisconsin last week a couple were playing with a Quija board .It was a guy and his girlfriend.He stated to police that a blue demon took over his body and told him to kill her.She was shot at least thirteen times.Do i think there was a demon?Do i think the board made him do it? No ,i dont think there was a demon.The mind can make you do strange things when you really believe in it.

• Black Man
    Black Man

up.................

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

REM:

It's a purely theoretical difference that has no bearing...

On the contrary., The distinction is between non-human, supernatural forces and the spirits of the dead.
    You may be correct if they don't exist, which is your presupposition, but it is a symantic difference, not a theoretical one.

Watson:
    Parker don't insert magnets into their boards.

Personally I've never dabbled with them, and have no intention of doing so.
    I've had plenty of brushes with the supernatural, but "channeling" is one aspect that I have no desire to play with.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Isn't it great how something that never, ever happens under controlled circumstances, is still something people are prepared to believe in?

Isn't it remarkable that many of those who believe these things happen have a belief in god of some description, and many of those that don't, don't?

Anyone see a pattern that belief is more down to attitude than evidence?

I mean if Satan is so dangerous he has to use pieces of laminated cardboard to access this world, just how dangerous is he? Bwahahaha! Fear the dark prince as he controls the world through a board game!

Silly. I suppose it's only been about 150 years since a credible alternative explanation for our existence came about, it's only natural that the existence of Olympian skymen with a concern in human affairs is still considered credible.

Even before then, whilst there was no credible alternative, it had occured to many people that the whole god idea was rather unbelievable, although the religion idea was seen as handy social control for the proles.

Now, you must excuse me; I have to found a religion based on the sayings of my invisable purple kangaroo.

Oh;

they called in a priest who "exercised" the house...

Alright you horrible little house! Get those floorboards moving! One two one two one two! Call that a cellar? It's more like an underground carpark!! Scrunch that porch!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Abaddon:My Unicorn is gonna whoop your Kangaroo's ass!!!

LOL @ house comments.

• rem
    rem

LT,

What I meant by a theoretical difference (probably not the best choice of words) is that the theories put forward to explain the same phenomena are different. Here are some Theories:

• Ghosts, disembodied spirits of dead people, are haunting a house
    • Demons, rebellious spirit creatures from heaven, are possessing items in the house
    • A combination of psychological and physical phenomenon are coming together to create errors in perception
    • Invisible polka-dotted space aliens are causing the experiences

All of these theories explain the same phenomena and the differences between the theories are more than just semantic, but the experienced phenomena themselves are still exactly the same. Interestingly, some of the theories above are not falsifiable.

rem

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

rem:

Good post! Most people though are offended at #3 and would not consider it, even though it is the most likely cause. I'm fond of the idea that fourth dimensional beings some of the supernatural events people seem to experience.

• leddfootdja
    leddfootdja

Played with Ouja board several times....... nothing unusual happened.

I do believe there are forces out there that exist on a different plane....

I think the game being mass produced is incidental-has nothing to do with whether or not it actually "works."

It's the actual invitation and whether or not that invitation is accepted is what determines the

experiences people have with Ouja, or anything else like this IMHO.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    Parker don't insert magnets into their boards.

LT: No, but I could put magnets in various places to make a ouija board "work"!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit