Why doesn't the wt discuss the real reason many partake?

by nowwhat? 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• waton
    waton

CVidqun: You repeat the wt line that the 144 000 are the only ones in the New Covenant. not so.

All Israelites were in the Law covenant, All Christians are in the New Covenant. Only the tribe of Levi was anointed as priests less than 10% of the nations. Only the tribe of Judah was in the kingdom covenant. less than 10%.

By erroneously teaching that the JW rank&file are not in the new covenant. wt implies they do not have eternal life.

I deadly cult holding out an empty hope.

Not selling, just saying.

• krismalone
    krismalone

The real reason the number of partakers has gone up is found in the W07 5/1 qfr.

The number of partakers was around 8,000 for many yrs. It was believed that the calling was finished in 1935. That 07 WT did away with the 1935 cutoff date and stated that no one can say when a specific time or yr the calling ended. After 2007, the numbers of partakers shot up after that.

Since Armageddon didn't come, they had to justify the new members of the GB. All of them were baptized after 1935 and had to do away with the cutoff yr.

"On the other hand, as time has gone by, some Christians baptized after 1935 have had witness borne to them that they have the heavenly hope. (Romans 8:16, 17) Thus, it appears that we cannot set a specific date for when the calling of Christians to the heavenly hope ends." - Watchtower 2007 May 1 (QFR)

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Further to the Topic Title, the Org never discusses the real reason that many, perhaps the majority, leave. Namely, they can see the whole body of JW Org Doctrine is wrong. They do not have the courage to say something like " some disagree with the G.B's explanation of Scripture", because if they said that , even the thickest JW might think " Why don't you soundly refute them, and prove your Doctrine is the Truth then ?"

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

It will be interesting to see how many partook this year that is if the GB have the guts to produce those figures maybe they will stop producing those numbers anymore as it could be so embarrassing.

I have heard on the grapevine some friends I knew in the past who were of the OS and now claim to be of the anointed and have now taken of the emblems.

I find this really interesting how ones that have always previously been of the OS wanting to live in a paradise earth ,getting in touch with nature and the animals ,who have now decided they want to rule with JC in the Heavens over mankind .?

I wonder why it is now they have had second thoughts ?

The mind boggles ?

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Waton, you misunderstand. I believe the Israel of God is involved in the New Covenant, that is everybody (Hebr. 8:6, 9, 10, 13; 10:16). As leaders of the Israel of God the 144000 is also part of the New Covenant. These come out of the twelve tribes of Israel (Rev. 7:4). However, Jesus also concluded with his close disciples the kingdom covenant (Matt. 19:28). The memorial celebration involves the New Covenant (1 Cor. 11:25).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit