192-page books

by Fred Franztone 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Fred Franztone
    Fred Franztone

This is my 192nd post, so I thought it'd be fitting to ask a somewhat banal question which I've occasionally pondered over the years. Does anyone know what's behind the WT's penchant for 192-page books? Is there some kind of logistical reason for this? I'm curious.

It's occurred to me that there must have been occasions where they've padded out books (or compressed them) in order to land on the magical 192. It's such an annoyingly unround number; 200 would be better, although it would mean an additional eight pages of nonsense, so perhaps not.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Fred good question about the 192 page book. I have no idea but maybe it was a number made up years ago for convince sake on how many pages to write for future books or maybe the Borg knew 192 pages is all one could stomach per book lol. Take care and congraulation on your 192nd post. Still Totally ADD

• minimus
    minimus

It might have something to do with the Lacksawana Bridge or something.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I think it had to do with their printing process, the way the paper sheets folded and were trimmed. Something like that. Someone who worked in the bindery may know the exact reason

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Years ago I heard it had to do with the way they were printed and bound also. In multiples of 32 (the mags) It was a bundle of six 32 page bundles. So as DOYKL mentioned it had to do with the way they were bound.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

I always heard the same. That it was considered optimal size vs production cost and it was specifically 192 because of bindery equipment.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

192 is a "symbolic" number and is "apparently" used by the wt to symbolize the number of different dates they would provide for the start of Armageddon!

just saying!

• scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff

Must be a printing thing, my note pads and survey books are all 192 pages.

• sir82
    sir82

Pretty sure it was the "bundles of 32 pages" thing.

Other book lengths were 256 and 384 pages, which are also multiples of 32.

• Anders Andersen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit