God will not let you suffer more than you can bare.

by StephaneLaliberte 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

I had a conversation with an old JW friend and he spent a good part of the evening preaching to me. As I am “inactive”, I am forced to stay low, thus, I was not argumentative. Yet, at one moment, he said that angels protect JWs in field service and other situations. This stuck a nerve. I said: We all heard about pioneers dying in traffic accidents or even families dying while going to the kingdom hall, or what about the 20 JWs who died in the kingdom hall in the hurricane that hit the Philippines a few years ago. Why would JW save you and not them?

He than answered that Jehovah measures the impact of such tragedies on all people involved and if this would result in greater suffering then his servants could endure, he will intervene. For instance, he might have saved him understanding that it would be too much for his wife to bare.

I stayed there, silent. In part due to the fact I didn’t want to be argumentative at the risks of making the conversation memorable. In other part due to the fact I was shocked by the profound stupidity and injustice of the argument.

What does it mean “too much”, “more than one can bare”? There was a little girl that was interviewed in a JW broadcast; she had lost her family in the kingdom hall that crashed. But it’s alright, Jehovah decided that she could bare this tragedy. On the other side of the planet, a 70 year old man is miraculously saved from a car accident because his 65 year old wife would not have been able to bare it?

You cannot be self centered to a higher degree.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

It's an old trope they haul out every once in a while. I know it well. They quote the bible about "James the brother of the lord" being allowed to die and someone with him surviving. Its so much piffle. So sorry you couldn't give the idiot what for.

• cha ching
    cha ching

It is stupidity to the max.... and it is plain old arbitrary-ism....

1. "Oh look! Jehovah saved my house from the earthquake because I am a worshipper of Jehovah"

2. "Oh, so sad they died in the earthquake, but we know... "time and unforeseen occurrence befall them all"

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    You cannot be self centered to a higher degree.

It's nonsense. That's the very definition of faulty logic. Nonsense like that is where some people find comfort or an explanation for bad things that happen.

• Divergent
    Divergent

The very fact that we are all ex-JW's is proof that we have been subjected to treatment beyond what we can bear & the JW god (who I no longer believe in) did nothing to stop it

• cha ching
    cha ching

Haha, good one Divergent!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

The things people will say and do to continue to believe in an invisible man in the sky. I’m sure letting those 45 people die in that hurricane was way better for them and their families then to save them. Makes all the sense in the world!

• steve2
    steve2

To believe in the providence of Jehovah you first need to disengage your thinking brain.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

What will happen if he let you suffer more than you can bare????Your head explode....

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

What lying sensationalized bullshit.

JWS die egregiously and horribly like everyone else

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit