Wt "study" Participation, is it a "True Believer" Indication?-- or not?

by prologos 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dbq407
    dbq407

Vidiot-I can actually sympathize.

I hated those "superfine" commenters who basically reread the entire f**king paragraph.

Ha, yea i was always annoyed at the super long commenters also, but it's worth it to see this elder squirm in his seat and make an announcement every week about it :)

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

If you read books like Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion, you learn that people are influenced by having to say something out loud. Commenting in the congregation forces people to publicly commit to their faith. This reinforces the indoctrination in a big way. It's one thing for someone else to tell you from a stage, it's something altogether different to hear it coming out of your own mouth.

Field service has a strong reinforcing effect as well. I believe this is the main reason for field service. The recruiting aspect is secondary.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Good point xjwsrock!
  • prologos
    prologos
    Good point xjwsrock! that is why the elders are perking their ears, to listen what the "spiritual" (indoctrination) stage the person is in, commenting is kind of aconfessional. what is your confession?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit