Wt "study" Participation, is it a "True Believer" Indication?-- or not?

by prologos 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• prologos
    prologos
    In our congregation, the Elders rarely comment. The majority rarely comment, 2 Sisters, vehemently, and often comment. Since in their case, it can not possibly be" teaching in the congregation", is participation in the wt "study"in general an affirmation of faith? an indication what the R&F really think? What is the situation in your hall, if you still go at all?
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard
    most of the elders regularly commented, around 2 or 3 hardcore sisters also, our hall was particularly bad though there was a large group that never ever commented, the reason was the main body of elders were brought in from other congs as the old body of elders were all removed so they were a mixture of reg pioneers,and ex CO, elders used on CA's so were categorised as kind of "hot shot" elders, sadly one of those elders committed suicide.Towards the end of my time there I couldn't comment even if I wanted to as my hand would not be accepted, I was marked!
  • StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

As a group, yes. When the people do not have the freedom to truly express their minds, the only thing left is passive resistance. For instance, decreasing participation in the following areas: field service, comments at the hall, brothers reaching out for responsibilities, financial contributions, attendance at the meetings, construction projects, preparing (highlighting) the study articles, etc.

Personally, I decreased my participation in all these things EXCEPT for the comments! I truly enjoyed making “deep” comments while clearly being “a week one”. It was not the thought of helping others that drove me, it was the fact that I knew I was bothering many “spiritual” brothers who could not understand how I managed to do this while not doing anything else!

Heck, from time to time, I would even talk with brothers at the end of the meetings, explaining how their talk or comments were not always in line with current “new light”. Sure, there were some who were genuine and said thanks. These were not really fun as it was all “BS” to me anyway. My true pleasure and satisfaction was with the ones that would boil in anger while having to “take it” from a no body.

Boy, I’d go back just for those little moments. On second thoughts, naaaahh.

• wozza
    wozza
    In my congo years ago one of the pedophile ex elders there used to sing the melodies with a strong powerful voice - did'nt make him to be a better quality believer .
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

At our elder and ministerial servant meetings we were often told in no uncertain terms that appointed men and pioneers were expected to answer several times per meeting!

Failing to do so would be unacceptable!

Seriously.

• baker
    baker
    there is one sister who holds her hand up all the time and sometimes waves. It seems they try not to call on her cause she talks forever. Also she stands at the beginning of the meeting till the song begins and then waves her arms likes she is conducting the song from the stage and is loud. Annoying...was there ever an article about limiting the amount of time to raise your hand?
  • sir82
    sir82

Commenting at meetings is one of the 2000 or so unwritten-yet-strictly-enforced requirements if you are "reaching out" for more "privileges".

However, at least in our congregation, content and frequency of comments are utterly irrelevant.

If you comment once per meeting, in something slightly resembling your own words, that's good enough.

Based on the content of comments at our meetings, we have a collection of simpletons and nitwits who have faith in the magnificent 7 and little else.

• crazy_flickering_light
    crazy_flickering_light

You have to if you an elder or ms. The CO talk about it, when he meet them. If you don't answer some meetings it will be no problem, but normally one to three answers will be fine.

It's also a way to look spiritual and stay undercover.

Only option I think, to hear what they say and how the pray. How/if they pray for examble for the GB or the CO.

• label licker
    label licker
    One guy in the Fergus congregation finally made it to being an ms but was butt kissing so bad to be an elder. The body of elders told him that they wouldn't make him an elder because his teenage daughters don't comment. The guy was never liked and what do you expect from a bunch of elders who are all related and want their boys to be first in line for eldership even though bethel kicked their sons out once they found out their were naked pics of them on the internet sent in to bethel. Forget about commenting, to fit in you have to be a drinker and butt licker.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    I swear, this community uses "quotation marks" more than any other I've ever seen. :smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit